My APBT artwork (VERY VERY Pic HEAVY!!)

A place for all of our artists to show their work.

Postby Muttkip » November 21st, 2009, 2:21 pm

Alright time to stop hiding this from you guys ;)
I'm an artisit, but not any type of artisit, I'm an APBT artisit and I would say pretty good at what I do. I use tradtional methods, but mainly I use digital methods...because that makes more awesome lol!

I use a wide varitey of programs from MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0, Paint Tool SAI, Open Canvas 4.5, Artgrounds.com....and a few other programs I can't remember. I use a mouse, a 4x5 Wacom Graphite Tablet and once in a while a touchpad.

I do sell these from time to time, depending on what people want they usually go between $25-$80 ;)

Anyways here are a few of what I call doodles;

Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » November 21st, 2009, 7:02 pm

I like the technique (or whatever it is called) on the 8th one.

The ones with blood sort of upset me. :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Muttkip » November 21st, 2009, 7:06 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I like the technique (or whatever it is called) on the 8th one.

Most of the ones with blood is my way of venting anger, sadness, and any other negative emotion I feel....it's a great way to express feelings
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » November 21st, 2009, 8:46 pm

Muttkip wrote:
Most of the ones with blood is my way of venting anger, sadness, and any other negative emotion I feel....it's a great way to express feelings

It also makes the dogs seem sort of... stereo-typical, I think. :(

BUT... you are ONE talented cookie! You captured Lil' Bit perfectly! :wink: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » November 21st, 2009, 8:52 pm

Muttkip wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:I like the technique (or whatever it is called) on the 8th one.

Thank you for sharing that, and your photos. I love the one of the dog in the Navy cap! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » November 22nd, 2009, 8:50 am

Muttkip wrote:Most of the ones with blood is my way of venting anger, sadness, and any other negative emotion I feel....it's a great way to express feelings

Well, snap out of it...you are way too young to be so angry. Use your talent for positive things and more positive things will enter your life.

(I am 53 so I am allowed to scold you...) :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » November 22nd, 2009, 9:49 am

iluvk9 wrote:
Muttkip wrote:Most of the ones with blood is my way of venting anger, sadness, and any other negative emotion I feel....it's a great way to express feelings

Well, snap out of it...you are way too young to be so angry. Use your talent for positive things and more positive things will enter your life.

(I am 53 so I am allowed to scold you...) :giggle:

Joycie, You are One FUNNY Ritz Cracker.......I just Wuv Ya.... :mrgreen:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Pit♥bull » November 22nd, 2009, 10:15 am

I agree with Joyce :|
And the portrayal of our cherished bully family is less than flattering :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyChick » November 22nd, 2009, 10:22 am

Great artwork! I'm like some of the rest who don't care for the angry ones, but I understand what artists must do (one of my step-daughters is an artist).

I really like the emotions you capture in the dogs' eyes.

I also think the dog in the Navy cap is cute!

Do you do commissioned artwork from pictures of dogs? I might be interested in having you do a picture for me.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Muttkip » November 23rd, 2009, 2:07 am

Well I'm sorry most of you guys see me using the APBT to express my feelings and what not, those pictures RARELY see the public, at all and most people don't see the breed but the emotion behind the pictures. But those bloodly pictures are actually atleast 3 or 4 years old as well, I don't draw like that anymore.... ;)

iluvk9- no more negative emotions here anymore, I got the help I needed years ago, alot of that had to do with the passing of my heart-dog Brandi.
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby Muttkip » November 23rd, 2009, 2:10 am

HappyChick wrote:Great artwork! I'm like some of the rest who don't care for the angry ones, but I understand what artists must do (one of my step-daughters is an artist).

I really like the emotions you capture in the dogs' eyes.

I also think the dog in the Navy cap is cute!

Do you do commissioned artwork from pictures of dogs? I might be interested in having you do a picture for me.

Thanks

And yes I do take commissions, but currently I'm looking for what I call a trade. As in you buy me an item and I draw you whatever you want..... lol! I'm in desperate need of a Stillwater collar for my westie currently and I'll exchange you up to three drawings, depending on what you want. If you want any more information you can PM me. And I consider that cheap, I normally charge $35 for a drawing like Lil'Bit.....if any of that information helps you at all lol
Muttkip
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » November 23rd, 2009, 2:18 pm

Muttkip wrote:Well I'm sorry most of you guys see me using the APBT to express my feelings and what not, those pictures RARELY see the public, at all and most people don't see the breed but the emotion behind the pictures. But those bloodly pictures are actually atleast 3 or 4 years old as well, I don't draw like that anymore.... ;)

iluvk9- no more negative emotions here anymore, I got the help I needed years ago, alot of that had to do with the passing of my heart-dog Brandi.

Hello....... :wave2:

It can be really hard/scary to post pictures of your art; it's kinda like setting out your "insides" for everybody to look at, and feeling scared to death people will just walk on them.
It was brave of you to share your Art. I understand that completely; and maybe you felt a bit 'stung' by some of the reactions you received.

If I may::::::::: **not to stick my nose in or try and play 'mediator' when it wasn't asked for*, I think a bit of perspective may help you feel a little less misunderstood**...

The folks on here deal with the stigma, the unrelenting Bad Press, the Full-to-the-brim Shelters with Dumped Dogs, the Angry Anti-Pit-Forums and Discussions, and the heartbreak of trying to rescue and Love the dogs that have been so brutally mishandled by abuse and fighting.

It may have been difficult for some of us to see the Art of Your own Internal Expression, because to Many of Us, it was just --one more depiction-- of our beloved breed being shown as 'bloodthirsty', destructive and maligned.
Like"""""""""""""oh NO........NOT ANOTHER Pit Bull With BLOOD all over it's mouth....No no no ... :nono:

I don't know about your own 'story', and I would never assume enough to comment on it. To You, the blood, the sad dogs, the Anger, may have had nothing at all to do with a DOG. It could all have been symbolic, representational of how you were feeling about something separate. But on a Pit Bull Forum, it will be hard for people to 'get that', because so many of our members have spent decades trying to educate, rescue and overcome their own troubling issues over losing their own pets who may or may not have been tortured and used for fighting.

Ya know what,,,,,,,,I can surely bet this;:: If you pictures would have shown ANYTHING OTHER THAN A PIT BULL, we would have been less apt to 'click our tongues' and give you a bit of critiquing.....

I KNOW you own your own pit bull,,,,,,and from what you mentioned, I know you have suffered a loss.

Please don't take it personally. As an Artist, you have to be prepared for some critiquing of your work. It may often by misunderstood, harshly judged, or plain ole JUST NOT LIKED by all people.
Here?? It was your audience, sweetie......

As a pit bull owner, you also have to be a whole lot more DILIGENT about how your portray the breed you love. There are SO MANY PEOPLE out there, who woudn't even TRY to see the 'artists' statement, but rather the fact these animals are blood thirsty killers.

I'm not trying to imply you censor your art,,,,,,,,,,and you said these were older works. But as one artist to another, I'm just helping you understand (hopefully), why you may have been 'nipped' a bit by our members.
Over all, I think most had something positive to say, but wanted to share how some of the images affected them.
And in a way, this is a compliment, of sorts. Your art affected someone. But .........is this the effect you want? If so, then no one will expect you to stop doing what you love.

Let me give you another analogy::::::::

I belong to some other groups............one of them is for parents who have had children murdered.
If someone came on, expressing their art, and showed pictures of bloody knives and slain children, (because it captured how they felt inside)< there WOULD be some members (me included), who might say something like"""" Okay, your use of contrast is 'good', but the images are really difficult for me.

Does that help?? :? :mrgreen:

You have some talent..........keep doing all the work you can do, expressing in ALL THE WAYS that help you process. Just be mindful that not all art is to be shared with EVERYOne, EVERYPLACE.

I hope I've helped............ :wave2: :groupHug:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby amazincc » November 23rd, 2009, 3:47 pm

:goodStuff: , Miss Jody!
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to The Loft