Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » October 21st, 2009, 8:00 am

Why do I write?… and some local colors. Tx

With millions of Blogs in cyberspace I use to wonder why “writing” from so many. Eventually browsing around, the categories emerge for themselves for so many reasons of being. Staying in touch with Family, Friends, Companies are now blogging about their products, it is endless. And so I tried to put down in words my own reasons as various as they are from the traveling point, to my Buddy Spirit, cooking sometimes, my inner thoughts and state of mind often as I like to see my Blog as a “Journal” instead… of course it is called a Blog!
Perfect weather has been present these past days (not tonight as we are getting the winds from Tropical Storm Rick…) as we took a ride from Terlingua to Ft Davis. It seems to be the annual “thing” to do, see some old Friends, try for some new photos as the ride itself is always the best of it all.
Not much has changed really, everyone is getting younger and loosing weight… as I am (!!!) and going on about their own Lives as we do. The area seems pretty much being untouched from the rest of the World, the season and the off season remains the same, no one is complaining, it feels almost as we are totally detached from the ups and downs one might read.
The “good news” Blog!
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » October 24th, 2009, 9:46 pm

A Ride and thoughts through Big Bend Park, Tx

Big Bend Park! Immense and desolate filled with the many Spirits lingering upon the thousands of acres we can ride through every day if we so desire. Every road, paved or not, has it’s calling. It’s physical aspect is not Zion or Bryce Canyon or even the Grand Canyon, but it’s mental one is, as designed, is to bring out the core of anyone’s Soul is they allow it.
I met a member from Big Bend Chat near by Maverick Rd., F. Marty, and as he said it so well “Whenever I visit another Park I always think about Big Bend, when I am here I never think about anywhere else…”, as I realize it being so true. It is therapy at it’s outmost to just be there, a different dimension seemingly we fall into, it has it’s own little World, it’s own parameters, even weather and climate.
We are still off season right now, the cars are few, the day was as being in a private area spoiling us as never before.
More on the Blog.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » October 27th, 2009, 9:44 am

More on the papercrete homes, Tx

Well, it has finally arrived. 28 degrees this morning as I write this, I wanted cold, I got cold! It seems as the temperature has covered this Space with an even quieter blanket as a deep silence prevails this morning. Maybe the birds and everything else alive have taken cover waiting for the rays of sunshine to come trough and warm up this surface we are on.
A couple days ago, I think it was as I loose track of time here, we rode a loop which included stopping in Marathon and see my Friend Eric in charge now of the operation putting up the papercrete homes, those structures unlike any other within the Peaceful Space they are in.
We chatted a long time at the end of a work day for him, his knowledge of the Earth is intense and deep and one never leaves without gaining a richness that prevails always within the words exchanged.
It is all part of the “Ride” we are on, never being only of a physical one but very much mental taking us up always to a next level awaiting for us.
I often wonder where all this will lead us… Time will tell.
Enjoy the Blog.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » October 30th, 2009, 8:16 pm

A bite and a kite in Terlingua, Tx

For one of the rare times we had decided to stop at the Porch in Terlingua on our way to some errands, the good and the bad happened. The ugly too!!! The good is the discovery of kite flying, a smiling pass time as I discovered even if my kite is now laying in the bushes awaiting a new tail. The bad is being bit by a dog of an irresponsible owner with his four dogs out of control. I was watching them chase cars for a while, chase a motorcycle trike, watch him hit those dogs and yell at them, why didn’t I think they would also chase me while leaving? Spirit was on the wrong side, he had already send them a message earlier as they had then stayed away from him. So starts the path of calling the Sheriff and on and on. There is no Law here for rabies shots, leashes, luckily I found out that the community had made him get the shots for his dogs this past summer after such already happening incidents. Hopefully these dogs will be put away for at least 40 days soon as I will find out later on today. Maybe never show up on the Porch again.
Right now all is calm around here after a couple days of heavy winds and much rain even hail yesterday. It truly makes one appreciate the present moments…
More on the Journal.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 3rd, 2009, 5:37 pm

An “enchanted” evening in Terlingua, Tx

I was stunned receiving these words as part of an invitation to attend a get together this past Saturday… “I have been asked by several to invite you to a Party happening here, at my House, Saturday night, October 31st. There will be 40 International Photo-Journalists (including 5 Pulitzer Prize Winners) and several of them adore your Blog. Actually they will be here for the entire weekend and beyond, and I just get them Saturday night, but I asked if I could pepper the Party with some individuals from Terlingua and they specifically asked for you…”. I started wondering if the sender had maybe made a mistake in identity which I verified with follow up e mails. The day arrived and now went by. The experience was incredible, a “ride” unlike any other as surrounded with such that have traveled the World for many years with their fingers on the shutter, providing for National Geographic, Newsweek, Times, CBS, just to name a few. Recipients of so many Worldwide Awards, and yet loving my own doings, this little Journal that has paved our past Years with my Buddy Spirit. There is no doubt it has been a “feel good” experience surrounded also with much Music, great Food and conversations.
More on the Blog…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 5th, 2009, 10:38 pm

“Day of the Dead” Celebration in Terlingua, TX

Another year has gone by, this evening in Terlingua’s Cemetery the crowd has outnumbered the Spirit’s ready for the Festivities, the Food, the Music and a Joy to join in good humor and Spirituality. It is still a new concept for me, it is slowly sinking in, a Day when sadness toward the departed is set aside to make room for instead a togetherness of the minds. It is as a rebirth every year around this time, a Celebration in Mexico that has spilled over to this near border town and others along the way. It is also an occasion to converse with everyone from this Town that has gathered and maybe not seen each other for a while. It was another “enchanted” evening with clear blue skies, just the right temperature and a Moon rising as saying “here is shedding some more light on you all”.
Slowly but surely I have deepened my affection for this Town which makes me feel welcome and even more lately assists me in being part of it, a notion that has escaped me for so many years past. Yes, this could be the Last Frontier, it is also my last line of reconnaissance to feel as being planted for these winter months ahead. What more can I ask for?
More of it in the Journal including my first Video of my favorite photos.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » November 6th, 2009, 1:37 am

Awesome pics, as usual... I really like the tattoo and the skull. :)

How's your health? Are you taking care of yourself???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby beemerchef » November 6th, 2009, 8:43 pm

amazincc wrote:Awesome pics, as usual... I really like the tattoo and the skull. :)

How's your health? Are you taking care of yourself???

Hi Chritine... Thanks for asking. Think of you often you know. Reading...
I am doing well, actually Dr was today, some numbers are high (Chol., Try., PSA), we try... that is about all we can do!
Always welcome to visit... plenty of room here and much inner space.
You be well, Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 10th, 2009, 10:40 am

Slicing the Silence of Time, TX

With 217,000 miles on her I figured “Old Faithful” deserves her own video! She is dirty, she is smelly at times, but she keeps on purring and swallowing the miles to no end. I think I am addicted to those “Animoto” Videos, they are right up my alley as being so simple to put together, each being so different from one another.
I actually worked these past couple days. I am not going to say “we” because Spirit besides posing for others cameras, well, he did not do a thing. The “mission” was taking landscape photos on River Road and off Marfa while also photographing bicyclists for a gentleman that is setting up upcoming Tours, complete with support vehicles and lodging accommodations. It was fun, no doubt about it, except for the fact that there was no chatting with others met on the road! It was waiting most of the time, shoot, and go on passing them all toward the next good spot. A good concept to get paid to ride, photograph, fuel and food throughout those two beautiful perfect days. It was not much, but, a Dollar is better than no Dollar I was thinking.
Enjoy “Old Faithful” up close and personal!
Be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 12th, 2009, 8:31 pm

River Rd and Marfa, TX

So it was work, riding, stopping, photograph landscape and bicyclists, get back on, pass and wait for the next opportunity where Nature and machines would blend in perfectly. I am guessing a bicycle is a machine. If the opportunity was there I would do this once a week, there is no doubt as the day itself had great weather and light, specially early morning while on our way to join the group. There was even time for Spirit and I to play on the side of the road quite often, some great couple days. He was tired by the end of it however, for the first time laying down into the nose of his car not wanting to be my copilot as he normally is, nose over the windshield with his cheeks flapping in the wind! This Dog loves to ride, he feels important when he does, as he is.
What is next? Thanksgiving near by Houston visiting my Dear Friends Carl and Colette, much cooking anticipated including the Holiday treats. I think it will be a Culinary week! All mixed with cutting up some more Pecan wood for this upcoming winter, busy is good…
Enjoy the ride…
Be well, always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 15th, 2009, 6:43 pm

The “Swimming Hole”, revisited. TX

Again and again I am drawn to that Space where everything is every time as new. Somehow the latest photos taken there have become my favorites. One has this incredible symmetry of the mountain reflection in the water and a set of jaws only Mother Nature could create by the chiseling and polishing of her rocks present. The road leading to it is not too far from here, an unpaved road which only turns into being a bit challenging for the last mile or so. Even Spirit is now familiar with the surroundings. Trotting around as he owns the place, finding comfortable shade for himself, jumping high and low to be near by me at all time. The above photo is as it has just snowed a few moments ago. The sand even was still wet and shiny with imprints of a bird seeking water and even maybe shelter just a bit while ago. It truly is magic and more being able to combine a ride and a presence playing with Spirit and the camera so close by.
I managed to create a Video with all the photos in a bigger format and sharper images. Hope it works well… Enjoy.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 18th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Big Bend State Park. TX

It was “Fiesta Day” at the Big Bend State Park. The long awaited and postponed a couple times affair was finally secure on the calendar, both Ranger’s and Mother Nature’s good weather forecast. It is the largest State Park in Texas, over 300,000 acres of Chihuahuan Desert within a rugged, remote and unpopulated setting. It encompasses two Mountain ranges containing ancient extinct volcanoes, many canyons and waterfalls. This weekend however the terrain must have been in shock as near 500 attendees were present for the festivities. Too late to have a camping “reservation”, we rode in and out for the day meaning riding in a fog of dust unlike any other riding time. 27 miles of unpaved road where even some smart moves waiting for others to pass and get on with it during a break did not help. Even Spirit’s goggles where covered with that fine dust, I only thought about it later, we should have worn bandanas on our mouth coming and going. The exposure was intense. No warnings.
Much preparation on their part, it is a Park with low attendance and luring hikers, mountain bikers and now motorcycles I hope will bring the numbers up. It was a long day for the both of us even if lunch was of a free one.
More on the Journal…
Be well.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 20th, 2009, 10:31 pm

“The Mosasaur Ranch Museum” in Terlingua. TX

That word “Mosasaur” is not even in my spelling directory… yet. It was a cold ride that morning, all well worth it as I had heard of this Museum just recently, surprised. It is a hands on experience one coming to this area should not let escape. No big banner, no big neon signs, they do have a website as they are in between Terlingua and Lajitas on the North side of the road. Can’t miss it, there is a rod iron Mosasaur being built in progress.
And now, our last evening here for a while as we are headed out east to the suburbs of Houston for much cooking, riding and sightseeing, a much needed adventure so we can miss this place and come right back! Might not have a chance to post too much here, but somehow my writing and photography do not stop, I could not live without, it is my personal expression of our Life. Spirit is also ready, helmet and goggles, a couple bandanas. He will have a couple Friends to play with, hopefully this time will not be chased by a horse as he was during our last visit. He also has a new Friend that is going to fit him with a coat we will pick up on the way back… as I said “how about me?”. No use…
"Holy Jurassic Park, Batman!!!" [quoting a reader...]

Be well…

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » November 24th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Road trip. Tx

Sometimes it is above all being on the right mechanical path of a road trip, the mental aspect of it is as a stage brightening up as the miles roll away, it is not a game, there is no “tilt” anytime. I have given up trying to figure out why these days to near by Houston have felt so good, they just did, I will leave it at that, sometimes why try to understand what “is“.
Big day here at my Friends house on Thursday, many invites and much food I will help with. We actually went food shopping today. I have been craving fresh fish. We have Lobsters, Cod, Shrimp, all fresh, non frozen and the stores, well… I realize the compromise, the big bargain I have made when it comes to food when walking through such a store as a new H.E.B. as big as a football field. When at “The Oasis” food is only a need it seems like compared to here now when food can be a true pleasure cooked in fusion of it all, specially being a Chef all these years. I would not trade, jokingly I was saying that Spirit and I will be moving to the City… but yet, food and it’s preparation having been a big part of my Life with a passion for it as strong as riding or photography now, there is no choice, there is no regret, just thoughts of how nice it would be to have such a store in Alpine maybe!
Have a great Thanksgiving.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » November 24th, 2009, 2:18 pm

You are a CHEF, too??? :o
Have a piece of Pumpkin pie for me - there seems to be a shortage in NC... :rolleyes2: lol

Have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving, Ara and Spirit!!! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » November 24th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Ara & Spirit. :beerChug:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » November 24th, 2009, 2:54 pm

And a happy Thanksgiving to you both
Give Spirit a big hug from all of us at PBT :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 24th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby beemerchef » November 30th, 2009, 6:01 pm

amazincc wrote:You are a CHEF, too??? :o
Have a piece of Pumpkin pie for me - there seems to be a shortage in NC... :rolleyes2: lol

Have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving, Ara and Spirit!!! :hug3:

You are all just too awesome! Spirit thinks so too you know...
THANK YOU... You al made our Day...
We had Pumpkin Cheesecake instead!!!
www.personalchefara.com (in case you are hungry!!!)

Waiting, waiting in Houston. TX

So I am already missing “The Oasis” but a cold front coming up or down, forgot which way, is holding us up probably till morning only when we will then brave the colder temps for a couple of days. It has been all good, better than good. Great company with Friends, a warm bed and much great food, so much as I have almost decided not to eat today… almost if it was not for those little mini Pecan Pies laying on the kitchen counter and a leg of lamb that followed us yesterday. We stopped at an amazing food store yesterday called “Phoenicia” and the smell of spices, sights of such foreign ingredients brought up such incredible memories of years so far past.
We are having a great time, Spirit has two buddies to play with as they put up with him since I have also been calling him a “trouble maker”, but the road call, snow, sleet or rain no matter.
More photos of the George Ranch on the Journal today with also a video encompassing from the 1830’s to 1930’s, over one hundred years of four Families living within the many acres right next store to now the fourth largest city in the USA.
Till next time…
Be well.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » December 4th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Back to “The Oasis”. Tx

Seemed like a long road these past couple days riding in the upper 30’s to mid 40’s, an unusual change of the weather in this part of the country. I wore everything I had from heated gloves and jacket to balaclava, turtle neck, and for the first time my legs almost froze up! Spirit also wore everything he had, two of his new coats, the upper layer being a vinyl fleece lined raincoat. The timing could not have been any better as he is hard to fit and a store bought coat generally never firts him one way or another.
They are still predicting snow for tonight and tomorrow as Ft Davis only about 100 miles from here was gifted with 3 to 7 inches of it. Wish it would happen, the camera is ready.
My Friend Carl arrived here a day earlier, driving, trailering his bike and this huge load of Pecan wood. To my surprise it has already been unloaded and stacked. Crazy Friends I have! Good “crazy” that is… I wish I had been the one doing it, I have gained five pounds on this little Holiday jaunt. Back to the slimmer meals tomorrow, tonight is a burned grilled cheese not paying much attention to it.
I finally managed to post the Thanksgiving photos in the Journal, great times and great food I am trying not to look at right now.
Till next time, you be well.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk