Gross, Yet Hilarious.

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Marinepits » November 20th, 2009, 10:32 am

Hubby and father-in-law have been deer hunting this past week -- they do a "controlled hunt" in a clsoe-by town to help keep the deer population somewhat in check. Whatever the boys don't eat is given to local soup kitchens and other charities. We had four bucks hanging in the yard yesterday, ready to go to the butcher. They had the bucks suspended from a big tree and covered with tarps to keep the bugs and predators away.

I came home yesterday afternoon and started walking the dogs for their afternoon constitutionals. Shorty was off-leash so she ran into the woods to do her business. As I was picking up after her, she suddenly caught wind of the bucks and took off across the yard. Next thing I know, the tarp is thrashing around -- she had crawled up under it and had one of the bucks by the face, trying to tug it out of the tree. :doh: :lol3:

I had to pry her off the deer and carry her into the house. My neighbor was in hysterics. :oops:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » November 20th, 2009, 10:50 am

:spit: Your dogs are NASTY! (but funny) :giggle:

God, that reminded me of the Dogs in Elk story...(which I had to go read again for grins and giggles)...your dogs would completely live inside an elk, wouldn't they? lol

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reports/j ... inelk.html
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » November 20th, 2009, 11:27 am

Whatever the boys don't eat is given to local soup kitchens and other charities.

That is awesome, that used to be what they did here in Portland but they say you can't do that anymore. My cousin's and uncles went out hunting this past week, they didn't get anything but they found an elk cow someone had shot and left :cuss:

Honestly, it sounds like Shorty had a good day :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » November 20th, 2009, 11:38 am

Uh oh, when Demo reads this you're going to have a house guest!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » November 20th, 2009, 12:19 pm

TheRedQueen wrote::spit: Your dogs are NASTY! (but funny) :giggle:

Oh, they are SO gross sometimes! Like when Indy and I were hiking and he brought back a nasty rotten deer leg for me. :puke: I screamed like a girly-girl, complete with EWWWWWWWs!!!

Usually, Shorty is the one who avoids really gross stuff -- she'll do the little nose-in-the-air-sniffing-dance all around a dead thing, but won't approach it. Katy is too much of a princess to touch gross stuff, but the boys are grosser than gross! If it's dead or smelly or gooey, they want to play in it!

God, that reminded me of the Dogs in Elk story...(which I had to go read again for grins and giggles)...your dogs would completely live inside an elk, wouldn't they? lol

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reports/j ... inelk.html

:shock: LMAO I've never heard of that!

plebayo wrote:
Whatever the boys don't eat is given to local soup kitchens and other charities.

That is awesome, that used to be what they did here in Portland but they say you can't do that anymore. My cousin's and uncles went out hunting this past week, they didn't get anything but they found an elk cow someone had shot and left :cuss:

That pisses me off -- hopefully the jerk who shot the elk just left it to get help for hauling it out, but I doubt it. >(

Yeah, they aren't "supposed to" donate it because the venison is not inspected all to hell and sterilized, etc, but hungry folks don't care, ya know what I mean?

Honestly, it sounds like Shorty had a good day :p

:lol3: She was PISSED when I took her inside. Every time she's gone outside since then, she's run over to where the bucks were. Too bad the boys took them to the butcher this morning.

mnp13 wrote:Uh oh, when Demo reads this you're going to have a house guest!

They're going out again starting Monday, so he's got a few days to get here.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » November 20th, 2009, 3:46 pm

thats totally gross yet histerical :lol3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » November 20th, 2009, 3:59 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reports/jerryp/dogsinelk.html

Because when you are that tired, you sleep through bumping kind of noises, or you kind of think that it's just the house guests. It wasn't the house guests. It was my dogs, having an attack of teamwork unprecedented in our domestic history. When I finally woke all the way up, it was to a horrible vision. Somehow, 3 dogs with a combined weight of about 90 pounds, managed to hoist one of the ribcages (the meatier one, of course) up 3 feet to rest on top of the swamp cooler outside the window, and push out the screen. What woke me was Gus Pong, howling in frustration from inside the ribcage, very close to my head, combined with feverish little grunts from Jake, who was standing on the nightstand, bracing himself against the curtains with remarkably bloody little feet. Here are some things I have learned, this Rosh Hashanah weekend: 1. almond milk removes elk blood from curtains and pillowcases, 2. We can all exercise superhuman strength when it comes to getting elk carcasses out of our yard, 3. The sight of elk ribcages hurtling over the fence really frightens the nice deputy sheriff who lives across the street, and 4. the dogs can pop the screens out of the windows, without damaging them, from either side
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » November 20th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Both Sorsha and Gator would have had to be pried off as well. :giggle:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » November 20th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Oscar would have crept around it like it was resting or magically going to come back to life :giggle:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby hey21jude » November 20th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Aww Shorty! She's a fiesty little thing, huh?
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » November 20th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Yeah, just a bit! :rolleyes2: :lol3:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Dukes_mom » November 21st, 2009, 10:29 am

Dogs will be dogs haha. I just hate that they love dead things ugg.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » November 21st, 2009, 2:52 pm

LOL!!
My boys would have done the same thing.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk