Watching a Pack evolve

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby StalkerBlueDog » November 18th, 2009, 12:02 am

reminder.. I have herding dogs.. but still want to share

So I started this year off with one dog.. a 4 year old who was an only dog.

I got an aussie pup in November of last year.

I then bred Dawn shortly after and we had pups on Jan 26th

So my pack went from one dog to 4 in a few months...

I've been waiting to see how the pack would start to settle.. and now that the sheltie pups aren't too small to be run over by the aussie, and they can tell her off now if they don't want to play, we're really starting to see a pack emerge.

I love watching the 40 lb aussie getting to finally play with the 14 lb and 16 lb sheltie pups.. today they were all playing tug with a water bottle.. somehow the two sheltie pups were on one end and the aussie was on the other.. and if they have a great toy (like a sock they shouldn't have!) they are like a tug a war line.. the shelties on one end and the aussie on the other. :D

And then momma Dawn get's involved every now and then and FINALLY Kaylee is listening to her... she pounces her and she just lays down.. and if she wants to play she plays with her now..

It's been great watching them all come into their own.. and I'm sure it'll only get better (or more amusing at least) as they all mature.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby iluvk9 » November 18th, 2009, 7:53 pm

And wouldn't updated PHOTOS make this thread just perfect??? :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Training & Behavior