pit vs am staff

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby StalkerBlueDog » November 12th, 2009, 8:40 pm

http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-1627.html

Anyone care to interject with informed response?
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby Rolex+Deebo » November 12th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Im sorry, I tried to read it all, but there was so much ignorant crap, :bs: even from those that own the breeds, that I just have nothing to say. :|
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » November 12th, 2009, 10:10 pm

ok THAT, my friend, is an idiotic discussion.

I'll say this here (I'm not going to become a member just for one post), my boss was big into American Pit Bull Terriers and Bull Terriers for probably 20 yrs(breeding when appropriate and mostly showing) and is still into them though doesn't own - different breeds now, she has had many many (not an exaggeration) dogs and is a breeder in the Truest, nicest connotation of the word, a proper breeder.
I asked her the other night about the Am. Staff. Terrier vs. APBT and her answer was : they are different breeds, but not because they should be. But now they are definitely very different dogs. She said it was like the difference between field bred dogs and show dogs of the same breed, how there shouldn't be a difference, but there is.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » November 12th, 2009, 11:54 pm

She said it was like the difference between field bred dogs and show dogs of the same breed, how there shouldn't be a difference, but there is.

That's a really good way of putting it.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » November 13th, 2009, 11:32 am

Same breed. Field bred working Aussie or dead head show Aussie, it's still an Aussie.

There are plenty of dual registered dogs, and I'm not talking about the ones that just filled out the paper work after they were altered, I mean the ones - like Riggs - who have the looooong paper trail.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Dan+Bec13 » November 13th, 2009, 3:05 pm

My vote is two different breeds. They have different breed standards, wether or not one has become more of a show dog then a working dog. Personally I think the two breeds heads have become their most distintive difference. AmStaffs seem to have gotten a more blocked head and muzzle while the APBT still keeps a more sloped head and muzzle.
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » November 13th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Thats the point, show and working versions of one breed can look even more different then the APBT vs. the Am Staff.
And just because show and working lines of one breed are called the same breed doesn't mean they should be, IMO, show and working dogs should be interchangeable, but thats neither here no there, because there IS a distinct difference, whether there should be, or not. The same applies to APBT vs. AmStaff.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL