Pit Bulls Are Serial Killers?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby kera09 » November 11th, 2009, 11:34 am

Emi wrote::D Well my Pit might not be a Serial Killer, BUT she is a Serial Licker :) :D

+1 :mrgreen:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby call2arms » November 11th, 2009, 11:37 am

Now that post (unnamed author) makes sense, and has very good point.

Erin, sorry if my comment seemed rude towards your friend's post, I could have worded it differently. But I still think my point is valid, and still disagree with hers. No biggie.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby airwalk » November 11th, 2009, 11:40 am

Wow..Matt, Erin....*ring, ring* (that is the fight bell signaling the end of the round) please go to your respective corners. You guys disagree, I get why on both sides.

Secondly, Matt that last post has excellent information. Very informative read. I think many folks forget that all dogs can and do display various levels of aggression and they are often situationally dependent. The statment that aggressive display must also be reinforced by periodic actual aggression is also very true.

I can tell you, from my world, that the statement about play behavior quickly escalating (in all breeds) is very true. Many canines that end up involved with livestock, the situation begins as play behavior and escalates to uncontrolled play behavior. There are very few situations where the behavior ever actually escalates to aggression, but the average person certainly believes that to be so based on the visual and the often level of damage.

It sounds as if this is a pretty decent intelligent discussion.
airwalk
I live here

Postby maberi » November 11th, 2009, 11:43 am

If my opinion varies from someone else, than I guess that naturally turns into "us against them". Not much I can do about that.

I will be more sensitive to the fact that you are one of them though -- JK. :neener: I think the sensitivity that you feel with comments like that directed at you is very similar to the sensitivity I feel when society constantly vilifies my breed of choice, and that is something I can certainly sympathize with.

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm done...I'm leaving this one alone now. But please, Matt...enough with the "us against them". Sorry I don't own a pit bull and I don't know what it means to do so. I came here to learn, and I have...definitely learned. No, I have no experience being a real pit bull owner...but I don't care for it being thrown in my face repeatedly during discussions. :neutral:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LMM » November 11th, 2009, 2:21 pm

airwalk wrote:Secondly, Matt that last post has excellent information. Very informative read.

+1, thanks for posting that and thank the unknown author for allowing you to.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby dogged » November 11th, 2009, 6:56 pm

WOW, I really enjoyed reading the last post you put up, Matt. Thanks for sharing and thanks to "Anon" for writing it (and giving permission). Good stuff.
"Hey, I'm glad I found you. I need your approval to cut down some lollipop trees outside the sea monkey hut. These decisions have to go through you because you're the mayor of crazy town."
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 12th, 2009, 12:18 pm

*sigh*

oh well...

Apparently, being honest that for most Pit Bull owners dog aggression just isn't a big deal and that we live with it, don't lament it, don't wish it would go away and don't focus on breeding it out of the breed, that makes me the person who justifies other people's hatred of the breed.

Evidently there is no difference between not breeding against dog aggression and breeding for dog aggression. :nono: You can't make people think if they don't want to :|

I respect the decisions of my staff and I will not over ride them. However, now that the discussion has wrapped up (at the request of the admins); the individual who wrote the post that started this thread stated that because most "Pit Bull People" accept the breed as it is and don't see a need to change it that maybe it should be regulated... well, maybe the original post really wasn't quite as "inflammatory" as was being claimed.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk