hole through lip

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby kera09 » November 8th, 2009, 4:59 pm

We had the dogs out back playing today. We brought them in and were cleaning their paws off and i noticed lulu was bleeding! She bit a hole right thru her top lip! she was freeking out trying to get the tooth out of the hole. The bleeding has stopped and we stuffed gauze in her top lip to keep the tooth out of the hole! my poor baby, she may need stitches.
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » November 8th, 2009, 5:07 pm

OUCH! :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby kera09 » November 8th, 2009, 5:11 pm

and im not sure if i should feed her tonight, without the gauze the tooth keeps going thru her lip :confused:
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » November 8th, 2009, 5:28 pm

depends on if you're going to get it stiched up :| If she needs stitches, don't feed her as they may need to sedate or anesthetize her.

I bet if you take the gauze out overnight it'll seal over a bit more...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 8th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Ouch! Poor thing!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » November 8th, 2009, 6:17 pm

When Gotty and Kinzyl got into their squabble Gotty's tooth went through his lip. Travis had to get the tooth out of the whole. It bled for a little bit and I held pressure on it. Then it healed up nicely but he has been on antibiotics.

Poor baby, hope she feels better soon.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby kera09 » November 8th, 2009, 6:43 pm

madremissy wrote:When Gotty and Kinzyl got into their squabble Gotty's tooth went through his lip. Travis had to get the tooth out of the whole. It bled for a little bit and I held pressure on it. Then it healed up nicely but he has been on antibiotics.

Poor baby, hope she feels better soon.

did the tooth get tsuck whenever he closed his mouth? we have antibiotics on hand and im just afraid to feed her and leave her alone!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » November 8th, 2009, 6:45 pm

did the tooth get tsuck whenever he closed his mouth? we have antibiotics on hand and im just afraid to feed her and leave her alone!

No it was only stuck when he did it. Sounds like LuLu's hole is a lot bigger than Gotty's was.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » November 8th, 2009, 6:50 pm

Which tooth is it? Do you have a pic you could post?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby kera09 » November 8th, 2009, 7:37 pm

i will post a pic when i change her gauze, the hole isnt very big just interferes when she bites down, very strange, i freaked out like a new mom lol
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby kera09 » November 8th, 2009, 7:51 pm

its her top right hand lip, top right hand k9 went thru her lip, i think it was the tennis balls fault! i found blood on it! i dont think shes gona go for a picture.
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » November 8th, 2009, 8:04 pm

kera09 wrote:did the tooth get tsuck whenever he closed his mouth? we have antibiotics on hand and im just afraid to feed her and leave her alone!

I would not suggest giving any antibiotics unless the Vet agrees with the type - there are different strengths and treatment durations recommended for different uses, also different types used for different infections - and we all know about how Superbugs were created.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » November 8th, 2009, 9:29 pm

:| I'd just leave it alone. Check on it and make sure it doesn't get infected, but I honestly wouldn't freak about it. It's not an uncommon wound in bitework, both Riggs and Connor have done it at one time or another and we've never had a problem.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby kera09 » November 9th, 2009, 12:35 am

i took the gauze out a couple hrs ago and hand fed her ground turkey, no problems! she looks sad so daddy carried her to bed. lol shes been drinking and licking herself as normal, i think shes gona be fine. i will throughly check her tomm before i go to work!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby kera09 » November 9th, 2009, 10:05 pm

lulu got to excited this evening and the k9 pierced through again :cuss: she WAS doing alot better. shes in her crate,i told her its for her own good and that she needed to stay calm. my poor baby!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health