2010 Canine Cancer Calendar - UPDATED

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Marinepits » November 5th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Hey, all!

Looks like we have enough interest to do a full calendar for our cancer dogs (and other pets)! :helloClap:

The only real "rule" we have for this calendar is any pet submitted MUST have been diagnosed with cancer at some point in their lives. All breeds and species are welcome!

Here's what we're looking for:

1) Please submit two or three photos of your pet to calendar@pitbulltalk.com

2) Photos MUST be of highest resolution and best quality as possible. Usually, this means submitting the photo that directly comes off your camera -- please don't edit or scale the photo at all. Michelle will take care of that. (If your pet's tag is showing your personal information, you can edit that out.)

3) If the photos you'd like to submit are NOT digital, feel free to scan them and then submit them. Again, highest resolution/best quality is KEY. You also have the option of mailing the photo(s) directly to Michelle and she will scan them -- contact her via PM for details.

4) Name the photo the name of your pet before submitting it. This will avoid major confusion as the calendar is put together. The subject line of the email HAS to be "Canine Cancer Calendar Submission". Michelle is making multiple calendars with different themes this year and you don't want your photo ending up in the "wrong" calendar. :wink:

5) One photo per email, please. If your email gets bounced back to you, please contact either Michelle or myself immediately. You can PM us or post in this thread that you're having email problems.

6) Please make the subject(s) of your photo as happy and as positive as possible. This calendar is to celebrate the courage of our pets as they literally fight the battle of their lives! Patrick Swayze's wife said it best: He may have lost the battle, but the cancer never beat him. And please no photos of your pet looking uncomfortable. Visible scars from the surgeries are fine.

7) Include in your email the type of cancer your pet has/had and the date of diagnosis. If your pet has passed, please include that date. Approximations are fine. This information will be included in the calendar, next to your pet's photo.

For example:

Sparky
February 28th 2007
Osteosarcoma

or

Sparky
February 28th 2007 - June 3rd 2008
Osteosarcoma

8.) The drop dead date for photo submissions is November 13th, 2009. Don't make us hunt you down because you know we will. :wink:

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask either Michelle or myself, either in this thread or via PM!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 5:05 pm

2) Photos MUST be of highest resolution and best quality as possible. Usually, this means submitting the photo that directly comes off your camera -- please don't edit or scale the photo at all. Michelle will take care of that. (If your pet's tag is showing your personal information, you can edit that out.)

If you do that, please do NOT re-save it as a jpg file. Your best best is honestly to just have me do any editing for you, I'm quite good at it. :wink:

3) If the photos you'd like to submit are NOT digital, feel free to scan them and then submit them. Again, highest resolution/best quality is KEY. You also have the option of mailing the photo(s) directly to Michelle and she will scan them -- contact her via PM for details.

Please scan them RGB to a TIFF file at the highest native resolution your scanner has. Mailing them to me is best, honestly, and I promise I will treat them like gold.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » November 5th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Ok...but now all the rules scare me. :shock: Or maybe just confuse me. :confused:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 9:19 pm

email me a good picture of your pet, it should be a big one, preferably the original camera file. name it the name of your pet. put "cancer calendar" in the subject of your email. write a little about your pet in the email.

calendar@pitbulltalk.com

that's what it all boils down to.

:D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » November 5th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Now THAT is easier to understand. Thanks. :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » November 5th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Thanks, Joyce. :bitchSlap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » November 5th, 2009, 10:28 pm

mnp13 wrote:If you do that, please do NOT re-save it as a jpg file. Your best best is honestly to just have me do any editing for you, I'm quite good at it. :wink:

Crap when I attach them to an email they are JPEG files. I didn't resave them or anything. What should I do?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Brownies Mom » November 5th, 2009, 10:43 pm

I sent over three pics tonight (via separate emails so there would only be one pic per email). I can probably get a better copy of the lab/greyhound photo (Brownie2_withDuncan) if you decide to use that one.
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 10:49 pm

LMM wrote:
mnp13 wrote:If you do that, please do NOT re-save it as a jpg file. Your best best is honestly to just have me do any editing for you, I'm quite good at it. :wink:

Crap when I attach them to an email they are JPEG files. I didn't resave them or anything. What should I do?

send them as is then.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyChick » November 5th, 2009, 11:16 pm

So I submitted pictures that were downloaded directly from the camera to my computer. Then I emailed those files. They come up as jpg files. What are the best type of files for you to work with?

Angie & Vin
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 6th, 2009, 12:23 am

HappyChick wrote:So I submitted pictures that were downloaded directly from the camera to my computer. Then I emailed those files. They come up as jpg files. What are the best type of files for you to work with?

Angie & Vin

If your camera writes them as jpg files, send them that way - but the ones that the camera saved, not opened and then re-saved.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2009, 7:05 am

Marinepits wrote:Thanks, Joyce. :bitchSlap:

Hey, it could have been a cooking thread, then I would have really been confused.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 6th, 2009, 11:26 am

mnp13 wrote: Mailing them to me is best, honestly, and I promise I will treat them like gold.

I'm not sure my scanner is working...so I'll just pop some pics in an envelope and send them the old-fashioned way...are 4x6 prints okay?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » November 6th, 2009, 10:35 pm

Do you have the ability to remove red[green!] eye or do I need to edit them? Sofie is just not the most photogenic girl on the planet and in all of her pictures her eyes glow.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » November 6th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Michelle can fix that. :)

Have you tried taking some outdoor pics without flash?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby plebayo » November 6th, 2009, 10:49 pm

I'll try some outdoor pictures tomorrow and see what we can get.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » November 6th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Cool! Looking forward to seeing them! :D
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Brownies Mom » November 7th, 2009, 2:16 pm

plebayo wrote:

I'll try some outdoor pictures tomorrow and see what we can get.

It also seems to get better when they are not looking directly at you...
IMG_0870_1_3_1_1.JPG
IMG_0883_1_1_1_1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby HappyChick » November 7th, 2009, 2:32 pm

Indoor without the flash works better too if you have plenty of lighting. The boys always seem to have green glowing eyes if I use the flash, but without it their eyes look normal.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » November 8th, 2009, 10:29 am

:bump:

Has everyone sent in their pictures? :dance:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Next

Return to Canine Cancer