Officer Tim Brenton

Postby BigDogBuford » November 6th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Ambushed and assassinated on Halloween. The memorial service was heart wrenching with police officers coming from all over the country, as well as a some Royal Canadian Mounted Officers, horses and all.

Officer Brenton, thank you for your service in the armed forces to the US and thank you for your service to the state of Washington and the city of Seattle. We hope to find your killer soon.

RIP

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/gallery. ... %20Brenton

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-110209- ... ?track=rss

Last edited by BigDogBuford on November 6th, 2009, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Marinepits » November 6th, 2009, 7:29 pm

:nono:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby dogged » November 6th, 2009, 7:31 pm

Sickening. :nono:

RIP, Officer.
"Hey, I'm glad I found you. I need your approval to cut down some lollipop trees outside the sea monkey hut. These decisions have to go through you because you're the mayor of crazy town."
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » November 6th, 2009, 8:21 pm

UPDATE:

They just took into custody the suspect in the shooting of office Brenton.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 6th, 2009, 8:25 pm

RIP Officer Brenton.

Hopefully your killer stumbles down a few flights of stairs face first.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BigDogBuford » November 6th, 2009, 8:32 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:

Even better, the cops shot him. He's at Harborview right now and they've also arrested a second suspect.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » November 6th, 2009, 8:35 pm

RIP Officer Brenton.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenny » November 7th, 2009, 2:16 am

RIP
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » November 7th, 2009, 7:00 am

BigDogBuford wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:

Even better, the cops shot him. He's at Harborview right now and they've also arrested a second suspect.

:thumbsup:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Marinepits » November 8th, 2009, 9:37 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572 ... latestnews

Seattle Police Identify Suspect in Killing of Officer

SEATTLE — Seattle police on Saturday identified a 41-year-old man as the person suspected of shooting and killing a police officer on Halloween night.

At a news conference, Seattle Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel identified Christopher Monfort as the man shot by police on Friday as he was sought in connection with the killing of Officer Timothy Brenton. Brenton was sitting in a car with rookie Officer Britt Sweeney following a traffic stop when he was shot. Sweeney was grazed in the neck.

Monfort was in serious condition in the intensive care unit at Harborview Medical Center Saturday morning, hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg-Hanson said. He underwent hours of surgery Friday night and arrived at the hospital in critical condition with "multiple injuries."

Detectives have asked the King County prosecutor's office for formal charges.

"At this moment we cannot find any ties to anyone else," Pugel said.

Pugel also said they believe Monfort is connected to the Oct. 22 firebombings of three Seattle police cruisers and a mobile command post at a nearby city garage. Investigators reportedly found a note threatening to kill officers and fliers protesting police brutality at the arson scene.

Seattle detectives were pursuing a tip from a citizen in the case Friday at an apartment complex in the south Seattle suburb of Tukwila, Pugel said. Television footage showed dozens of cruisers surrounding the building, while some officers examined a car that, though covered by a tarp, resembled the profile of a vehicle seen nearby when the officer was killed.

Inside Monfort's apartment, Pugel said, investigators found two rifles in the apartment, including a military-style assault rifle being examined as the possible weapon used to kill Brenton.

Pugel also said they found improvised explosive devices, which police had to disarm before removing.

Friday's shooting happened as a memorial service for Brenton was finishing at Seattle's KeyArena.

Pugel said detectives were walking to speak with other law enforcement at the apartment conducting surveillance when Monfort left his apartment and approached the three detectives.

According to Pugel, detectives started asking Monfort questions at which time he pulled a gun and tried firing at the detectives. The gun did not fire and Monfort tried to escape up some stairs.

At the top of the stairs, Monfort again displayed his gun toward detectives who fired, Pugel said, and the detectives fired four to six times.

Pugel did not know how many shots hit Monfort.

The three detectives have been placed on paid administrative leave, Pugel said.

The Seattle Times reported that Monfort received a bachelor's degree from the University of Washington in March 2008, according to the university's degree-validation Web site. His major was in Law, Societies and Justice.

Last year, Monfort belonged to the McNair Scholars Program, part of the university's office of Minority Affairs and Diversity. The program aims to help prepare undergraduate students for graduate work.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » November 8th, 2009, 4:55 pm

RIP :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Our Departed Friends