LA-Father & Son dog-fighting charges

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Jaime » January 20th, 2006, 10:05 am

:evil: :grind: :explode: :biggun: :pissed: scum bag!! i remember when he was arrested i hope they stick it to him!!

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4385598

Father, son dog-fighting charges
Posted: Jan 20, 2006, 07:00 AM EST
Floyd Boudreaux

LAFAYETTE, LA (KATC) - T he district attorney's office in Lafayette has filed charges against a father and son arrested nearly a year ago in a dog-fighting raid.

Internationally known pit-pull breeder Floyd Boudreaux and his son guy are charged with 48 counts of dog-fighting and possession of steroids.

Investigators say the dogs were injected with the drugs to make them stronger.

59 Pit Bulls were confiscated in a raid of the Boudreaux home in Youngsville last March of 2005. 57 of the dogs were put to sleep.
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » January 20th, 2006, 9:05 pm

First of all, they haven't been convicted.
And second, the pit bull community lost a lot of what is considered a great blood line by the needless killing of all his dogs. We all lost when this happened, pet bull owners and game dog owners.
We all need to present a united front with an ever growing BSL fight on our hands.
Purple
I live here

Postby girlie » January 20th, 2006, 10:35 pm

dog-fighting raid.

OK then, where are all the scarred up dogs? Oh yeah they have all been destroyed......no photos taken of any scars......hmm, weird

Investigators say the dogs were injected with the drugs to make them stronger

WTF? How many people that own multiple dogs know how much cheaper it is to give your animal vaccines rather than take them to vet and get charged extra to pay for that pretty building you just walked into?

59 Pit Bulls were confiscated

And they failed to say how many of them were pups.......some newborns and others around 8 weeks old.....all destroyed, damn they must of been some mean @ss babies!!!!!!! :cuss:
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 20th, 2006, 11:41 pm

I know it's touchy because all the dogs were killed... but honestly, how many rescues/shelters have the resources to take in all those dogs and find them homes? Unfortunately, pit bulls are overrunning most shelters and therefore only a small percentage of completely sound and healthy bullies can be saved. Do I wish those dogs could have lived? Hell yeah! Do I wish shelters and rescues had the resources to take in and take proper care of that many dogs... hell freakin' yeah. But that's not possible, unfortunately. Maybe if the breeders stopped breeding, more lives could be saved.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby ammitnme » January 22nd, 2006, 12:05 am

Purple wrote:First of all, they haven't been convicted.
And second, the pit bull community lost a lot of what is considered a great blood line by the needless killing of all his dogs. We all lost when this happened, pet bull owners and game dog owners.
We all need to present a united front with an ever growing BSL fight on our hands.

Right on....
leisa
ammitnme
Just Whelped

Postby Marty » January 23rd, 2006, 10:07 am

Floyd Boudreaux is a small, soft spoken, Christian man who was set up, and taken down along with his son Guy. They were not arrested at a dog fight. They were under surveillance for months during which time they were never in attendance at any dog fight.

The raid took place early in the morning of a Saturday March 11, 2005, when it was impossible to get a stay to save the dogs lives. Their dogs were carried off Floyds property in the arms of HS workers. There were no scarred dogs. All of the dogs were happy, wagging their tails, and very compliant. They were in excellent health. All of the dogs were killed. Even the nursing mothers, and baby puppies were killed.

It is hard to stomach that something like this could happen to a successful dog breeder in the United States of America. It is even more disgusting when we find that the only reason Mr. Boudreaux came under suspicion was that he had a market for his dogs overseas. U.S. Customs decided that he sold too many dogs to foreign buyers.

HSUS, US Customs, under Homeland Security, and the Louisiana Humane Society's Executive Director Laura Maloney ruined the lives of two generations of the Boudreaux family, destroyed a gene pool of unequalled quality, with no remorse, with no pity for their fellow human beings, or for the animals that were carried from the sanctity of their home to their death.

Here, we thought that the USA was a free trade nation, and operated on a free enterprise system. The moral is do not be successful in your chosen vocation. Do not make animals of such fine quality that your reputation as a dog breeder par excellence reaches other countries.

Finally, almost a year later, charges have been brought against Floyd, and Guy Boudreaux. Have they had their day in Court? No. Yet we are receiving e-mail from animal rights groups branding the Boudreaux's as GUILTY!!! The law of our land says, "PRESUMED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW." That the Boudreaux's are going to Court is not enough for the animal rights groups, oh, no. They are now targeting any other breeder who owns dogs that contain the gene pool that the Boudreaux's developed. This is an all out attack upon innocent animals by a bloodthirsty, and remorseless, group of people who care nothing for animals, but to destroy them. Who is really guilty of cruelty? Who set out on a directed campaign to ruin lives, and kill dogs? The laws of this land lay the burden of proof upon the accuser. In this case the accuser has killed all of the "evidence", innocent animals.

I am ashamed of people who have leapt to judgment, with only the word of animal rights zealots. Some of these groups are being investigated for ties to domestic terrorism. It must seem like a terrorist attack to have one's home raided in the early morning tranquility of a weekend. Do unto others, as you would have others do unto you. Any one of us could be the next target. Judge not, lest ye be judged. I urge those of you who read this to withhold judgment until the facts are in on this case. There are some of us who know far more than the zealots who would ruin a persons life, and annihilate animals on a whim. That would whip up resentment against someone that most all of you do not know. Why would you be quick to judge when you don't know the facts? What if it were you that this was happening to? Do not ever think it can't happen to you, or that it only happens to those who deserve it. Remember the expose' that John Stossel had on raids on successful dog breeders? Who among us has not been unjustly accused? How many times have we wanted to have our side of the story told?
Cherie Graves, chairwoman
Responsible Dog Owners of the Western States
http://www.povn.com/rdows
323922 N. Hwy. 2
Diamond Lake, WA 99156

PARAGON
American Staffordshire Terriers
"Home of the swinging, flying show dogs"
509-447-2821
http://users.surf1.ws/paragon
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BSL56
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/votingdogownersofWA
http://www.freewebs.com/badbreedersusa/cbbpetition.html
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WARDOG
Marty
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marty » January 23rd, 2006, 11:31 am

Cross posted with permission...

Just got this on another list If any of you know the kennels linked to at the bottom PLEASE let them know they are being targeted !!

To: 5. Kinship Circle Hurricane Rescue Alerts
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:13 PM
Louisiana Dogfight Thugs Are Charged! Update - Floyd & Guy Boudreaux

1/20/06: LA Dogfight Thugs Are Charged!
(better late than never)

Kinship Circle Campaign: 1/18/06 - Justice Lags In Bust Of LA Dogfighting Dynasty

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++

Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006
Subject: Update on Floyd and Guy Boudreaux- Louisiana dogfighters finally charged due to public outcry

To Everyone Who Took Action to Our Plea:

Here is an update on the Boudeaux family of felons. Tuesday around 4pm a plea was sent to the public regarding Floyd and Guy Boudreaux, who were busted in March 11, 2005 for felony counts of dogfighting and animal cruelty. The Lafayette, Louisiana District Attorney's office has allowed them to walk and had not yet filed charges 10 months after the bust (hmmm). However, within 24 hours of Tuesday's email the DA announced they would be prosecuting. Your calls and letters made the difference!

Here is an excerpt from an email Laura Maloney, Executive Director of LASPCA sent on Wednesday:
"Floyd Boudreaux is being charged with 48 counts of dog fighting, two counts possession of schedule III drugs. Guy Boudreaux is being charged as principal to 48 counts of dog fighting. No trial date has been set. Please extend my deepest gratitude for all of those who wrote or called the DA. Their voice made the difference!!!! Thanks so much for your help!! ".

Another excerpt:
"he is also a champion cockfighter, but sadly, cockfighting is legal in LA. We were unable to seize his birds. We're going to shoot for outlawing cockfighting this upcoming legislative session"

Below is more background material on the case. Again, thanks for your participation and in making the difference. We will keep you updated on this case so you may continue to help the state of LA see this case through to prosecution and make sure that they really do go to trial.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________ ____

Please note: The state has not pressed to force closure of his dog breeding business and bar he or his son from owning, breeding or have anything to do with animals. His business is still advertising and shipping out dogs. Though it is difficult to close him down without a conviction perhaps a civil cease and desist order can be obtained. The DA has not done anything about the business.

Kennels still offering Boudreuax bloodline dogs "all of course are not sold for illegal purposes". Form your own opinion. Please check out these links:
http://flashfirekennel.com/photo2.html
http://www.tightlinekennels.com/TightlinePedigree.htm
http://www.chopperdanskennels.com/reunion.html

---------------------------------------------------

Crossposted. Take a good look at that fellas. What about the kennel advertising big blue currs......damn straight, they are being watched. If you think because you dont own little or "gamey" type dogs you dont need to fight to defend your rights, your dead wrong! "Bluffs" are the same in these idiots eyes, and we are all going to fall together if we allow these injustices to continue. Theres no stopping for these people, and even owning a pedigree with one name on it is enough to get you watched and labeled a dog-fighter. How many of ours dogs go back to Boudreaux?
Marty
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Emi » January 23rd, 2006, 11:40 am

As far as I know , Floyd USE to be a dog fighter and hadn't fought his animals in like 30 years, yes he was a OLD TIME dog man ...

That's alot of dogs to put down, and you gotta consider it's Louisiana , and stranges things happen there ..

Colby dogs use to be fighters also , but now are respected dogs , I just think people had it out for this family cause they still have dogs, and people are scared of "Pitbulls" that's my 2 cents ...

And I believe one of his dogs i can't remember it's name was worth well over $25k .. I read it some where ...

I don't know what will become of this ... but it's alot of dogs to be put down just cause of a old rep ...

Just think of some one decided they didnt like Mr. Colby now , and destroyed all the Colby dogs also cause they use to be fighters ??? Phew that is alot of dogs to be put down just cause they use to fight ... :!:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby ammitnme » January 23rd, 2006, 4:04 pm

Marty wrote:---------------------------------------------------

Crossposted. Take a good look at that fellas. What about the kennel advertising big blue currs......damn straight, they are being watched. If you think because you dont own little or "gamey" type dogs you dont need to fight to defend your rights, your dead wrong! "Bluffs" are the same in these idiots eyes, and we are all going to fall together if we allow these injustices to continue. Theres no stopping for these people, and even owning a pedigree with one name on it is enough to get you watched and labeled a dog-fighter. How many of ours dogs go back to Boudreaux?

If the AR movement has its way...all the sound bloodlines will be gone...
read it and weep...these people are not interested in stopping dog fighting (which FB was not doing-JMHO) they are interested in wiping out the breed.....
maybe peeps will wake up when there is no pit bulls but the unsound BYB garbage that the thugs are making thier dope money on. But by God those sound breed standard dogs of FB's are dead...and now on to the next bloodline and the next bloodline...oh, yeah and lets be sure to base the guilt on the fact that the only "evidence" found what was many of us have in our OWN homes...
sorry, guys...those of you who know me know this is a topic I cannot discuss rationally and without giving peeps the impression that I support dog fighting for standing up for the FB...so I will stop now.
Leisa
ammitnme
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL