Breaking up Dog Fights

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » October 30th, 2009, 1:15 pm

Michael wrote:That's just goofing around in the backyard. I haven't been impressed with one person here either so no worries. Not impressed at all with the other thread on breaking up dog fights. Just reinforces everything that I already know. Most of you either never had to break up dog fights, or your dogs get ripped up because you use techniques that allows that to happen.

Really? By all means, please go post in that thread. You keep alluding to all of the stuff you "already know" about dog training but then don't seem to actually say much about it... This is a discussion board. Please, go discuss all of the topics that you have experience in because so far you've said a whole lotta nothing about all the stuff you have claimed to be an "expert" in.

My real specialty is offleash training.

cool

I doubt many of you guys even try that. In the real world. Meaning not in a park or in your backyard. You'll probably say it's too dangerous and irresponsible. Yada Yada blah blah blah

And back you go to your thin ice. I will warn you again to watch your mouth, and I'm actually getting REALLY tired of telling you the same thing over and over. You have NO IDEA who you are talking to, nor have you bothered to learn; and I am not the only one getting tired of your attitude.

Jackie Brown is phenomenal. And so are my methods which don't rely on shock collars.

:rolleyes2:

Start a thread about your training when you feel like doing more than posting vague cryptic things that are just meant to piss people off. And you might want to consider that there are a number of people on this forum who are active competitors with their dogs in sports that require high levels of on and off leash control of their dogs. So you're not talking to a bunch of wide eyed novices, and I expect you to keep that in mind. Oh, and very few people on the board use remote collars.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Michael » October 30th, 2009, 1:20 pm

PS to Erin,

and since you were so interested in my "qualifications"

I am not a "trainer" per/se (Although I have been in the past) I don't have clients (for the time being, anyway) because my experience in the past has shown me that people are looking for quick fixes or they don't want to do what I tell them to do (exercise their dogs, etc...). I really don't have patience that type of owner.

That's not my gig anyway.

But if I get the opportunity to work with high profile case out here in LA, I certainly will (but that's not important right now).

I really don't fit into a predefined category you may be looking for. I'm a wildlife biologist/documentary filmmaker. Dogs are my subject. I do view them as wild animals that live with humans because the majority of their behavior, is, in fact wild. They are not wolves, but close enough in terms of viewing them as wildlife. Cats are also wild enough to be considered the same. I've been filming them for about 13 years now on/off, but Jackie Brown has given me the opportunity to film the entire year of a puppies life.

I don't just film my own dogs. Two of the dogs that I've filmed were fighting to the death until I stopped them from doing so using my methods. And many others.

Jackie's story is about what happens when you raise a puppy with no surgery, no cages (Okay, I did use one for a few weeks) and almost no corrections. And offleash training from day one.

Okay,
thanks for asking.

mp
Michael
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » October 30th, 2009, 1:59 pm

This is not to be rude but there is a saying that comes to mind that sums up how I feel about what you have been posting.

Put Up,Or Shut Up!

Again, that was said with all sincerity. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » October 30th, 2009, 2:16 pm

lol Michael...
You remind me of my 7-months old puppy, Faust - cocky as all can be, but when the big dogs rise to the challenge his roar pretty much ends in a whimper. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » October 30th, 2009, 3:31 pm

amazincc wrote:lol Michael...
You remind me of my 7-months old puppy, Faust - cocky as all can be, but when the big dogs rise to the challenge his roar pretty much ends in a whimper. :giggle:

LMAO

So, Michael, you are actually a wildlife biologist? From what
institution is your degree? What work have you done in the field?
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby plebayo » October 30th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Wow, how did I miss this?!

First of all, you are totally unprofessional. It's a good thing Animal Planet denied you because I'm sure you'd have Cesar Millan's lawyers up your butt suing you for slander.

That is not a bad dog fight, if anything it was an argument of interest. If you really were on your game - like you claim to be, you would have caught that dog BEFORE he went after your "pit bull type dog". With dogs like that you need to stop any glances, and looks, any kind of posturing, all of that needs to be considered not allowed.

It is my observation that you set that dog up to get attacked so that you could catch yourself in video breaking up the "big" fight. You won't be able to convince me otherwise.

Also you are right, I think many forum members here would tell you a Pit Bull off leash is dangerous. It's not the dog that is dangerous, it's the passerby who freaks out and CLAIMS the Pit Bull is dangerous that causes a problem. As much as I want to say "it's no big deal" it really is in today's world where this breed is fighting for the ability to even exist.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby cheekymunkee » October 30th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Michael wrote:Hello Erin,

That's just goofing around in the backyard. I haven't been impressed with one person here either so no worries. Not impressed at all with the other thread on breaking up dog fights. Just reinforces everything that I already know. Most of you either never had to break up dog fights, or your dogs get ripped up because you use techniques that allows that to happen.

That's fine. No more comments on that subject.

My real specialty is offleash training.

I doubt many of you guys even try that. In the real world. Meaning not in a park or in your backyard.
You'll probably say it's too dangerous and irresponsible. Yada Yada blah blah blah

Jackie Brown is phenomenal. And so are my methods which don't rely on shock collars.

Stay tuned if you're interested.

mp

:bs:

You ASSUme much and you know what they say about ASSUming. Although you wont make an ass of me & well, you made one of yourself many posts ago. And yes, off leash pit bulls ARE irresponsible, I have NO problem with off leash training but just out for a stroll with an off leash pit bull is pretty stupid. You know NOTHING about this breed. Educated people never stop learning, with all of your education & experience you might just want to add a tad bit more because eventually you ARE going to wish you had. And you dogs are going to pay the price. Possibly with their lives. This breed was bred to fight other dogs and they do a damn good job of it, they do not need to be taught to do it, it comes natural to them. Just like you cant teach a poodle not to have curly hair, you cant teach a pit bull NOT to fight. You can control their environment and you can be lucky enough to own one who has no interest in fighting but that is NOT the norm for the breed. Jackie is still very young, in time she just may show you what she is made of.....you may want to prepare yourself for that.

And I wont be staying tuned because you bore the crap out of me. I like to listen to people who I can actually LEARN something from or TEACH something to. What impresses you does not interest me in the least. I am impressed by truly knowledgeable people, you sir are not one of them. We are not here to impress you & if you are here to impress us you have failed miserably in your attempt.

I don't use an e-collar, never have. I havent needed to but I do see the need for them. Used correctly they can be a great training tool.

Canines are not wild animals. House cats are not wild animals. That may be your opinion & that is fine but it is not the opinion of the majority of people who really know a thing or two about them.

You set Jackie up for failure, you let her get attacked, you KNEW it would happen & it has happened in the past. I know this because otherwise you would not have been filming. I find that pretty twisted. I am glad Jackie is fine, I hope she and all of your dogs continue to be.

Good luck to them
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BigDogBuford » October 30th, 2009, 7:53 pm

I'm just trolling around, looking for something interesting.....

:trollDance:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby call2arms » October 30th, 2009, 9:47 pm

I know hey? Just stirring more sauce, here and there, never answering questions, letting it simmer, put another one on the stove. Like that's going to last long on this board.

Seems like NOTHING "is important right now"...

Coming in like someone who wants to discuss, then spitting on every bit of information given, and then "rising above all" cause really, no one here does obedience off leash or actually breaks up pit bull fights. It's like he doesn't even read posts.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » October 30th, 2009, 10:12 pm

call2arms wrote:Coming in like someone who wants to discuss, then spitting on every bit of information given, and then "rising above all" cause really, no one here does obedience off leash or actually breaks up pit bull fights. It's like he doesn't even read posts.

I PM'd Micheal earlier about this matter actually. He'll be telling us all about the following in his new thread:
I don't just film my own dogs. Two of the dogs that I've filmed were fighting to the death until I stopped them from doing so using my methods. And many others.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » October 30th, 2009, 10:16 pm

I'd like to see the footage of what he qualifies of a real dog fight. Maybe one of the dogs had a pucture wound, or even needed a stitch or two.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby cheekymunkee » October 30th, 2009, 10:52 pm

I would like to ask a question that I probably already know the answer to. Where are your dogs when you are not at home?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby demolitionic » November 3rd, 2009, 10:07 pm

Serious question here, Michael -

Do you find that it's difficult to undeservingly ride your own sac and hump your own leg so hard at the same time, or is the multitasking made easier by delivering a surprisingly unfunny monologue simultaneously?
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby call2arms » November 5th, 2009, 11:19 pm

I think he realized that he can't convince us with his bogus theories, and has moved onto yet another board to try to convince people that you can stop dogs from fighting with a tennis racket.

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby madremissy » November 5th, 2009, 11:22 pm

call2arms wrote:I think he realized that he can't convince us with his bogus theories, and has moved onto yet another board to try to convince people that you can stop dogs from fighting with a tennis racket.

or a basketball :bs:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » November 5th, 2009, 11:25 pm

madremissy wrote:
call2arms wrote:I think he realized that he can't convince us with his bogus theories, and has moved onto yet another board to try to convince people that you can stop dogs from fighting with a tennis racket.

or a basketball :bs:

I would have loved to see him with a basketball and Score. Brown puppy would have knocked him on his ass trying to get TO the ball. It's his favorite...lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Michael » November 5th, 2009, 11:29 pm

I just wrote a long post about how I have been banned from YouTube but I got some message about "post review" after I submitted it.

Maybe I'm banned from here as well?

But if you are interested, here is the story

http://dogtv.com/youtube-censorship/

less than two minute video which got me banned
http://dogdvd.com/video/APP1.wmv

MP
Michael
Just Whelped

Postby Michael » November 5th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Michael wrote:I just wrote a long post about how I have been banned from YouTube but I got some message about "post review" after I submitted it.

Maybe I'm banned from here as well?

But if you are interested, here is the story

http://dogtv.com/youtube-censorship/

less than two minute video which got me banned
http://dogdvd.com/video/APP1.wmv

MP

But you know what?
Not upset about this at all. Most of the videos I put up were kind of goofy anyway. I just started winging it and throwing stuff up to test out YouTube as a delivery mechanism. This will focus me and motivate me. Okay, have a great night!

MP
Michael
Just Whelped

Postby BullyLady » November 5th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Way to avoid all the questions. AGAIN! :thumbsup:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby demolitionic » November 5th, 2009, 11:51 pm

demolitionic wrote:Serious question here, Michael -

Do you find that it's difficult to undeservingly ride your own sac and hump your own leg so hard at the same time, or is the multitasking made easier by delivering a surprisingly unfunny monologue simultaneously?

I seriously want to know the answer to this.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Training & Behavior