Losing....

Keep yourself busy at work!

Postby Megumi-Oni » November 5th, 2009, 10:46 am

You have all, once again, lost The Game.

I had a dream last night that I posted up some pretty satirical stuff. Mostly stuff I thought was funny, and capable of generating lively debate. But, in my dream I knew not everyone had the mental capacity to handle satire and sarcasm with a smile and a chuckle... when I woke up I had a strange urge to watch youtube videos of other people training their dogs, hanging out with their dogs, etc. It was a strange sensation since it was like deja-vu all over again. And again.

It's been a long time since I posted up here. I bet you all thought I forgot about you, or got bored. I'm sure you haven't forgotten about me though! No, I've been around. Reading. Learning. Realizing that everyone is just... amazing. lol

I also read something funny... a Marine was hosting a boy scout troop at Quantico. The intent was to help them learn Land Nav, teamwork, etc. Part of the program included archery and shooting sports. The interviewer, a female reporter from some news station, asked the Marine why he would teach kids to use guns. Wasn't he teaching them to be killers, and equipping them for such a purpose? His response was "you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you aren't, are you?" To which the interviewer had nothing to say. The interview was over, because she knew his point was right.

It relates. Dogs have teeth. They're equipped for, and instincts wired for, hunting for survival, protection, etc. You all know this. But, just like the prostitut... I mean reporter... that doesn't mean that's what they're absolutely GOING to do. Proper training and education has made it possible for that woman to be a reporter, and the same can be applied to domesticating dogs.

However, I still don't agree with taking a dog which has already had so much negative media attention, and training it to appear to be more dangerous with bite work, etc. It doesn't matter that YOU know what you're doing, and YOU understand it. The average mom over in Denver isn't going to see the discipline, time, and training put into that dog. She's just going to see a danger to her kids and home. Showcasing these animals in such a way (showing them being aggressive, even if by command) is therefore more detrimental to the public view as taking one to a park.

I've spent a lot of time and energy interviewing, researching, and formulating my case. The general consensus I seem to be getting is "yeah, they're great animals! Heck no, I'm not ok with training them to bite, I don't care how professional the person thinks they are!" Everyone seems to sympathize with the negative reputation given to these animals, and they wish it weren't so. And they all seem to agree that showing off your dog by recording them "attacking a suit" is irresponsible. One of the people I interviewed was indeed... a COP! One who works with canines daily, and knows a lot more about them than I do... in general. He was blown away to see those youtube videos. Other opinions were from people like professional trainers, administrators for rescue organizations locally, AKC officials... I even spoke to some of the more experienced professionals at the Pet Expo here a couple of weeks ago. Reps from AKC, local kennels, and other reputable trustworthy organizations all gave me the same impression: Bite work with Pits is a bad idea. Dog parks are ok, under close supervision, if the dog seems like they can handle it.

Sure, have fun training your dog. Great, I admire your tenacity. But, the simple fact is, you can't expect everyone to have an objective perspective. And you can't dismiss the "monkey see, monkey do" mentality that so many average people have. Someone will attempt your work, poorly, and they'll end up creating a monster which then tears some baby's face off... then we're all screwed.

So, there you have it. Take it or leave it. But don't even try to preach to me that I'm destroying everything you stand for by participating with my local dog park when you're clearly creating an even more dangerous situation with your own animals.
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 57

Postby LMM » November 5th, 2009, 10:57 am

You just can't post and NOT be volatile can you? Can't just make one teensy weensy little post asking about the weather or inquiring about someone's favorite color. You have to be argumentative, long-winded, and condescending all the time huh?

Alrighty then.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby Pit♥bull » November 5th, 2009, 10:58 am

Opinions are just like assholes.... Everyone has one. :|

As you will soon see.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby maberi » November 5th, 2009, 11:05 am

Megumi-Oni wrote: I even spoke to some of the more experienced professionals at the Pet Expo here a couple of weeks ago. Reps from AKC


I can't help but laugh at that statement
Look beyond what your own eyes see
User avatar
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle
 
Posts: 2781
Location: rochester, ny

Postby Megumi-Oni » November 5th, 2009, 11:22 am

Aw! You guys do still love me!

Look though, really. I'm expressing an opinion, much like many of you do. I'm sorry if you think it's offensive simply because you don't like what was said... and yes, maybe I did say it in such a way as to be poignant. But, alas. It's an opinion.

How IS the weather with you guys? And I prefer black... does anyone else have a favorite color?

The AKC is a very respected, long standing organization. They, above all others, are experts on dogs. Period. They make their livelihood by knowing more than the average joe about dogs. To assume you know more than they do... wait, that's me attacking a straw man. You simply said you laughed at my statement. Ok, laugh away. Did you mean to imply you know more then the AKC? I think not.

But really guys, it's all good. And Pit Bull... what do you mean by "as you will soon see?" I'm shaking in my boot already! Wait... I'm not wearing boots. Oh well.

Simple facts: Ghetto thugs WILL attempt to create bite dogs based on videos seen on youtube. Ghetto Thug Ill Trained Dogs will get lose, one way or another, and kill a baby. Or an old lady. Then, we have no one else to thank other than the person who posted those videos in the first place. Meanwhile, I and my dog will continue to successfully interact and foster tolerance and understanding in the community... at a dog park.
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 57

Postby Pit♥bull » November 5th, 2009, 11:31 am

Megumi-Oni wrote:what do you mean by "as you will soon see?"
Just seems we are tired of your 'drivel' and I believe most will express this shortly. :P

Sorry everyone for feeding the troll. :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby Megumi-Oni » November 5th, 2009, 11:35 am

Drivel is a cool word, but I think you use it only because you simply disagree with my unpopular opinion. It's like the "O'Reilly" strategy... if they don't agree, or offer resistance, kick them off the show! We're fair and balanced here, as long as you're on our side! lol

I think it's funny I can express an opinion which invokes a sudden and massive opposition, created anger and intensity from the readers, to the point that I'm threatened. I think it's awesome that you (specifically) harbor such aggressive intolerance to people who simply don't think like you do.

Oh well. Like I've always said, this level of intolerance is the pure definition of ignorance. And yes, that was a volatile statement. But, I can't expect to get wine from water here... so have fun in your obscure, convoluted pit-bull world, gents!
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 57

Postby maberi » November 5th, 2009, 11:37 am

The AKC is an organization in it for the money, plain and simple

When I think of experts in the field of working and sporting dogs, the AKC is the last thing I think of. I also wouldn't go to an organization and ask them their opinion on the American Pit Bull Terrier, when they don't even recognize them as a breed :| Their beloved Am Staffs are nothing like our ill tempered, game bred APBTs :doh:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
User avatar
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle
 
Posts: 2781
Location: rochester, ny

Postby LMM » November 5th, 2009, 11:44 am

The irony here is other people expressed their own opinion, something you are whining you just want to do. You then go dark for a period of time. Who knew you were working on your master thesis in an attempt to back up your opinion?

Look, you are taking your pit mix to a dog park and that works for you. That's great! From what you've said here it seems like a much more controlled, play date type environment rather than a dog park. It doesn't seem to be the whirling dervish free for all most dog parks are. Others here would rather not take that chance, that's it and that's all. You make choices for your household as we make choices for ours.

Others here also train their dogs for certain sports. They have the experience to do so. You don't agree with that and that's okay too. It's your opinion after all, you are entitled to it. Again, a master thesis accompanied with personal interviews and a bibliography of all the "experts" you consulted with was not needed for your opinion.

It appears you have some difficulty with reading comprehension for you to have taken it to this level in order to "prove your point". Either that or a world class wedgie of epic proportions.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby katiek0417 » November 5th, 2009, 11:47 am

Megumi-Oni wrote:The AKC is a very respected, long standing organization. They, above all others, are experts on dogs.


The AKC...REALLY? You're going to bring up the AKC as any spokesperson for a pit bull? The organization that won't even RECOGNIZE the pit bull! Did you even consider that aspect before posting that comment? Really?

And, the cop, who works with canines...let me tell you this about K9 departments: most are so set in their ways that if they only use German Shepherds, they won't even consider a malinois...and vice versa...many departments are very one-sided when it comes to their opinions...

Which brings me to my last point, you are stating an opinion. That's fine...however, I would make sure you have much stronger supporting evidence than that which you present. Because the case you just made using those pieces of evidence just makes me laugh!

Oh, and the weather here is very nice, and my favorite color is blue.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby LMM » November 5th, 2009, 11:47 am

And hey new guy.

Don't send me anymore insulting pm's. Thanks.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 11:50 am

Megumi has been banned. He was given enough chances, I apologize to the membership and my staff for allowing him so many.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Pit♥bull » November 5th, 2009, 11:52 am

mnp13 wrote:Megumi has been banned. He was given enough chances, I apologize to the membership and my staff for allowing him so many.
:helloClap:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby katiek0417 » November 5th, 2009, 11:53 am

Pit♥Bull wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Megumi has been banned. He was given enough chances, I apologize to the membership and my staff for allowing him so many.
:helloClap:


x2
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby maberi » November 5th, 2009, 11:55 am

Poor Demo never had the chance to say goodbye
Look beyond what your own eyes see
User avatar
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle
 
Posts: 2781
Location: rochester, ny

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 11:56 am

maberi wrote:Poor Demo never had the chance to say goodbye

DEMO hasn't been banned... he can say goodbye. :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Pit♥bull » November 5th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Megumi-Oni reminds me of an old user AOphoto :rolleyes2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:Megumi-Oni reminds me of an old user AOphoto :rolleyes2:


Andrew wasn't banned, he's still around.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 1:22 pm

Oh, and because no one asked, this was the final straw...

Megumi-Oni wrote:I just wanted to take the opportunity to say I love you, and I hope all is well. Thank you for the verbal spanking you gave me, so many times. It really straightened me out!

As for your bite work, gonga-rats! I'm pleased to see you're so involved with training your dogs! I look forward to seeing the headlines when one gets lose and eats some kid out of a stroller! Good times, and just when my state finally lifted ALL the breed-bans statewide.

For the record, I don't know everything. I never claimed to. I simply disagree with a lot of what the minions decided to attack me with when I expressed an opinion different than theirs. Being different isn't the same as being a know-it-all. But nice try. Maybe next time you can use a little more tolerance and human understanding? Have you ever taken graduate classes on psychology or anything like that? Sociology?

It's cool. People like to bolster themselves on the internet because it's easy. There's no personal accountability when you can hide behind a keyboard.

With that said, have fun. Good luck. And please, make sure to tip the wait staff.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby LMM » November 5th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Who did he send that to? I received something similar, although surprisingly not as lengthy. And mine had few more out and out insults and swearing vs. his PA insults.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Next

Return to Fun and Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron