How About a Canine Cancer Calendar?

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby BigDogBuford » November 4th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Elvis was "The Man" and made me laugh at least once a day. He was a total smelly cat but everyone loved him!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Brownies Mom » November 4th, 2009, 10:11 pm

My heart dog Brownie (yellow lab, passed 4/1/09 after 4.5 year battle with mast cell cancer). My sister lost her heartdog, Snow (a greyhound) to osteo on 10/24. I could give you a list a mile long of friends' dogs, but Brownie and Snow have been the hardest for me.

We are big fans of Morris Animal Foundation and have donated to their Canine Cancer Campaign. I'm guessing some people are familiar with them, but thought this would be a good place to put in a good word for them. :mrgreen:
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » November 4th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Would you be interested in participating in the calendar?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Brownies Mom » November 4th, 2009, 11:12 pm

Sure, just let me know what you need. :)
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » November 5th, 2009, 9:30 am

:bump:

Anyone else? All breeds/species welcome!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby MegN » November 5th, 2009, 10:45 am

My little girl has had some cancer cells removed, and just recently we have found more;-( boo.... But she is a little princess and she would love to participate in this calendar. She will be having surgery very soon, maybe next week, so she might be scared up;-( would you like us to take some "model shots" before, or would you like the scars?
MegN
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » November 5th, 2009, 10:54 am

Jenn, MegN is the friend I told you about with the very cute pit who has and is dealing with cancer

Haddie (spelling?) would be a great addition
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2009, 12:23 pm

I'll be putting Agatha, the Lab I grew up with, in there. She died of bone cancer.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » November 5th, 2009, 3:04 pm

MegN wrote:My little girl has had some cancer cells removed, and just recently we have found more;-( boo.... But she is a little princess and she would love to participate in this calendar. She will be having surgery very soon, maybe next week, so she might be scared up;-( would you like us to take some "model shots" before, or would you like the scars?

Because this is kind of last minute and we're thinking that next Friday will be the "drop-dead" date for getting the photos emailed in to Michelle, I think the "before" pics would probably be best. I can't wait to see pics! :D

I'll sit down this afternoon and write up the "rules" and qualifications for the calendar, so stay tuned.....

And thank you for referring Meg, Matt. :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby plebayo » November 5th, 2009, 11:54 pm

So Hogan's mom said it'd be cool to have him in the calendar and she'd totally buy a couple copies :D

I'm just waiting on some details and of course, photos!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » November 6th, 2009, 7:29 am

:rock: Fantastic!!! Keep bugging her about it because we have to have the pics by the 13th! :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby HappyChick » November 6th, 2009, 9:05 am

plebayo wrote:So Hogan's mom said it'd be cool to have him in the calendar and she'd totally buy a couple copies :D

I'm just waiting on some details and of course, photos!

I personally would love for Hogan to be in the calendar! Yes, keep bugging his mom!!!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer