Hi from Brownies Mom - New APBT Mom

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Brownies Mom » November 3rd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Hi, this is Brownies Mom (Marianne). :wave2: My hubby and I adopted an APBT named A-Jay from a local rescue group on 9/20/09. We had to help our 19 year old cat cross over to the Rainbow Bridge on 3/31 this year, then PTS my beautiful heart dog, Brownie (yellow lab) on 4/1/09. I have been so heartbroken and really struggling with the grieving process. I knew I wanted to get another dog some day, so I had been visiting Petfinder.com every now and again. We began to think our English Setter mix Remy really would be happier having another companion, so I started browsing Petfinder.com again, and found A-Jay there. I read his bio and he sounded like a great match for Remy and for us so we started the adoption process. We weren't looking for any particular breed, just a dog that we would love to have here, that would love to be here. So far, so good! :dance: Remy and A-Jay are both 2 and 1/2 years old, and they have a great time playing together. I have been so sad and A-Jay has brought so much joy back into my life. He is a great dog, and I just love him to pieces. :heartbeat:
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » November 3rd, 2009, 8:54 pm

Welcome! :wave2: I'm glad you found A-Jay, he sounds like just what you needed! :D

Any pics to share of the new brothers? 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » November 3rd, 2009, 8:54 pm

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 3rd, 2009, 9:00 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » November 3rd, 2009, 9:06 pm

Welcome to the forum! We need pics! :clap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » November 3rd, 2009, 10:51 pm

Hello and welcome :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » November 4th, 2009, 7:02 pm

Welcome!!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » November 4th, 2009, 8:07 pm

Hi Marianne and welcome. :)

I am very sorry about your cat and Brownie. I lost my black Lab, "Louie" years ago and always refer to him as my "heart dog". I hope A-Jay helps fill the emptiness.

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby smallstream » November 4th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Congrats and welcome to the board!! Losing a dog/animal is awful, but there's no better way to honor their life and your love than by adopting again. :)
smallstream
Just Whelped

Postby Brownies Mom » November 4th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Hi Everyone and thanks for the warm welcomes! It looks like I can only add 3 pics per post, so here are 3 pics of A-Jay and Remy. I'll add another post with pics of Skillet and Brownie...

Here is the picture of A-Jay that was on Petfinder.com and his rescue webpage:
A-Jay_cropped.jpg

Here is Remy, our English Setter mix (we were told he was an English Setter mix, but he looks a lot like an English Pointer mix, so I call him my "Pointsetter"):
IMG_0850_1_1_1_2_1.JPG

Remy and A-Jay (best buds):
IMG_0873_1_1_cropped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Brownies Mom » November 4th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Here's more pics

Skillet (passed 3/31/09):
IMG_0038_1_1_cropped.jpg

Brownie (passed 4/1/09), last Christmas:
IMG_0747_1_1_1_3_1.JPG

Brownie:
IMG_0801_1_1_1_3_1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby kera09 » November 4th, 2009, 10:28 pm

welcome to pbt :wave2: very sorry for the loss of your kitty and brownie. a-jay is beautiful and so is remy! so glad you rescued!!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Suzi » November 4th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Welcome Aboard! :wave2:

My sincere condolances for your loss of Brownie....

A-Jay looks like a complete smoosh <3.....Thanks for adopting.
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Introductions