Halloween...

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby amazincc » November 1st, 2009, 12:28 am

was fun! :)

I sat on my porch steps, gave out TONS of candy, and the boys got to take turns practicing "good manners" (on-leash).
I placed a plate w/tiny pieces of cheese and hot dogs on my bottom step and I let some of the older kids feed treats to the dogs when they obeyed a "sit" or "shake paw".

Sepp, who loves everyone, had the BEST time ever... lol

Faust was a little hesitant at first and hid behind me a few times. I know it was a lot to take in, seeing costumes and a LOT of strangers in our yard... but once he figured out that there were goodies involved he could barely contain himself. His butt started to hit the ground for a "sit" like lightning. :giggle:

Both boys enjoyed being petted and fussed over, and they behaved... (to use one of Erins favorite words :wink: ) lovely. I was very impressed.

So, the neighborhood kids think my Pit Bulls are "soooooo cool"... and none of the parents freaked out. :dance: :D

Truly a nice day.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » November 1st, 2009, 12:31 am

Nice job! Magic barked like a maniac and then wagged like a maniac...Doogie didn't know whether to bark, lick or hide. Scooter, he thinks Halloween is fun!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Hundilein » November 1st, 2009, 12:39 am

Great job!

Renee worked on not barking like a lunatic every time the doorbell rang. I threw hot dogs on the floor for her, then opened the door and handed out candy. She actually did really well. She didn't bark a ton even at the beginning, and then she gradually barked fewer and fewer times until she gave up and just stayed on the couch instead.

I didn't have very many kids come by, I was kind of disappointed. Now I have a boatload of leftover candy. I'm taking it to work with me on Monday. I'm sure it will disappear quickly there.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby kera09 » November 1st, 2009, 1:01 am

thats great!!!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » November 1st, 2009, 4:04 am

Oskie poskie went walking with Wes WHILE he lit off fireworks :D I've no idea how I got such a bomb-proof (no pun intended) dog but I love him! And in a weird way, I'm proud. He totally took the whole thing in stride, even enjoying the firecrackers.

As for the doorbell, I think Wes diconnected it :lol3:

At work the dogs went NUTS :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby CinderDee » November 1st, 2009, 4:08 am

That's fantastic! I didn't have one trick-or-treater but Kate wouldn't have heard the doorbell anyway.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » November 1st, 2009, 9:07 am

How lovely! 8) Yea for the pit bull brothers! :D And their resourceful mom!

We had no trick or treaters, so the candy goes with me to Puppy Class on Wed. night to use as human reinforcers! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » November 1st, 2009, 10:05 am

Great job boys!!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby BullyLady » November 1st, 2009, 1:42 pm

That's awesome Christine, you must be so proud of your boys!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Return to Training & Behavior