whoo hoo pizza in class tonight

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby rockermom » May 1st, 2006, 12:52 pm

Yes! I am so excited. Just got a call from trainer we are having a pizza party tonight. Part 2 meet and greet. I worked this this week by bringing Rocky out to lunch with me and some friends. I love this class its fun and I get treats too!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 1st, 2006, 12:54 pm

dam we had donuts and cookies at ours when we had training....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » May 1st, 2006, 12:57 pm

At the place I used to train, one of us would make food for the champions class...so, we always had a huge meal in between the regular obedience class and the champions class....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby rockermom » May 1st, 2006, 1:03 pm

Maryellen wrote:dam we had donuts and cookies at ours when we had training....

We had cheese cake and chocolates 2 weeks ago. And a mock pet shop. It was fun and funny. We had to walk up to the table and get the cake with dog in tow and back to your seat. Well one dog went through the air and knocked the dish right out of handlers hand and 0oppps REWARD.
Think its this young girls ideas who is in training to be a trainer she goes to lots of seminars and brings back all these ideas. This should be a good one a room of 5 dogs and pizza. Im sure they got somehting up their sleve to make it real difficult. Like no table and having to pass it around.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » May 1st, 2006, 1:27 pm

I invited all the people I train with (and their dogs) to my graduation party last year. We were all sitting in the kitchen, with plates full of food, and our dogs laying calmly by our feet. All of a sudden, my trainer says "Okay, put your plates on the floor in front of you dogs and tell your dogs to leave it." Not one dog went for the food. We shocked all my other guests. That is one of the things we work on in training....in addition to not taking food from other people and not taking food off the ground/floor.

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Purple » May 1st, 2006, 1:35 pm

Jeez, all we got was soda and cookies.... :(
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 1st, 2006, 2:06 pm

I want pizza damnit!!!!

Also, I read the title as "hoo-hoo pizza" at first and I was like "that doesn't sound healthy."

LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » May 1st, 2006, 2:20 pm

that must be lunas mom, i forgot her name.. she has dark hair right? she was in training class with me a few years ago with her husky luna... i had heard that she was apprenticing under sue..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » May 1st, 2006, 3:34 pm

katiek0417 wrote:I invited all the people I train with (and their dogs) to my graduation party last year. We were all sitting in the kitchen, with plates full of food, and our dogs laying calmly by our feet. All of a sudden, my trainer says "Okay, put your plates on the floor in front of you dogs and tell your dogs to leave it." Not one dog went for the food. We shocked all my other guests. That is one of the things we work on in training....in addition to not taking food from other people and not taking food off the ground/floor.

Good Gosh!! I need to send Copper to you!!! lol
Seriously...there's no trainers out here in the middle of Nowhere USA. The closest thing we have is PETSMART!!! :o They just babble on like they actually KNOW what they are talking about, and recommend HALTIs and GENTLE LEADERS!!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » May 1st, 2006, 3:38 pm

Also, I read the title as "hoo-hoo pizza" at first and I was like "that doesn't sound healthy."

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA lol
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » May 1st, 2006, 3:53 pm

msvette2u wrote:Good Gosh!! I need to send Copper to you!!! lol
Seriously...there's no trainers out here in the middle of Nowhere USA. The closest thing we have is PETSMART!!! :o They just babble on like they actually KNOW what they are talking about, and recommend HALTIs and GENTLE LEADERS!!!

I HATED PetSmart. They recommended a Gentle Leader for Sacha...what did it do? It took off all the hair on her muzzle, and caused open sores where it rubbed...yeah, that did a lot of good.

I'm surprised you don't have people near you given that you are in WA...WA is a major hub for imported GSDs...and you are probably asking yourself why that would make a difference...but because WA is a hub for imported GSD's, there are usually a lot of competent trainers/breeders b/c these imported GSDs are Schutzhund-titled.

It took Sacha a while to get her to that...a lot of "corrections." Sacha recently reverted, and I had to remind her that taking food from my plate isn't allowed. To this day, though...she'll do anything for food. We were doing bitework one night, and there was a crock pot filled with beef stroganoff...someone took the lid off, Sacha came off the bite and started sniffing the air!!! :| So, as long as no decoys/helpers have pots filled with good-smelling food, we'll be okay!!!!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby rockermom » May 1st, 2006, 4:05 pm

Maryellen wrote:that must be lunas mom, i forgot her name.. she has dark hair right? she was in training class with me a few years ago with her husky luna... i had heard that she was apprenticing under sue..

Yes Luna's mom. Now I forgot her name Diana maybe? She was in our last class adv. beginner with Luna. Luna is a real woo woooer. Does apprenticing give you free classes? Its great this class 5 dogs and 3 trainers.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 1st, 2006, 4:11 pm

yep, diana.. i dont know about that.. when you apprentice you have to pay i think, but i am not sure..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 1st, 2006, 4:22 pm

My trainer never gave us a damn thing! She did have treats for the dogs after class though.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 1st, 2006, 4:27 pm

Where I trained Apache for agility everytime someone won at a trial we'd have food in class for humans and dogs alike. We did a lot of eating LOL
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby msvette2u » May 1st, 2006, 8:15 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
msvette2u wrote:Good Gosh!! I need to send Copper to you!!! lol

I HATED PetSmart. They recommended a Gentle Leader for Sacha...what did it do? It took off all the hair on her muzzle, and caused open sores where it rubbed...yeah, that did a lot of good.

I'm surprised you don't have people near you given that you are in WA...WA is a major hub for imported GSDs...and you are probably asking yourself why that would make a difference...but because WA is a hub for imported GSD's, there are usually a lot of competent trainers/breeders b/c these imported GSDs are Schutzhund-titled.

It took Sacha a while to get her to that...a lot of "corrections." Sacha recently reverted, and I had to remind her that taking food from my plate isn't allowed. To this day, though...she'll do anything for food. We were doing bitework one night, and there was a crock pot filled with beef stroganoff...someone took the lid off, Sacha came off the bite and started sniffing the air!!! :| So, as long as no decoys/helpers have pots filled with good-smelling food, we'll be okay!!!!

That's good information for any potential lawbreakers who she happens to be chasing. Just carry Stroganoff!!!

We tried a Gentle Leader with Yaeger who backed out of it immediately. He doesn't like to be thwarted. LOL

We're in EASTERN WA which is, essentially, the desert. I think, in Seattle there'd be something. Or Yakima (40miles to the west) or Tri Cities (30 miles to the east)...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Training & Behavior