Blocky Dogs Collar

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Klopfer » October 28th, 2009, 9:12 am

Does anyone have a Blocky Dogs Collar?
Are you happy with that collar?
Quality?

I'm thinking of buying one for Smokey, but they look like they are very... heavy?
They say "fighting dogs" grab on and never let go; and it's the truth! Smokey grabbed my heart and never let go.

http://www.schuldig-geboren.de
Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » October 28th, 2009, 9:37 am

We have one for Mac and LOOOOOOVE it. The collar is probably 3 years old by now and still looks brand new.

http://www.blockydogs.com/gallery/displ ... fullsize=1
It's the bottom one in the picture above, Semper Fi Mac.

And here he is, wearing it.

It's the two-inch "dual grip" martingale type and yes it is heavy, but Mac has a giant thick neck and can easily support it. It's the only collar he's never broken/destroyed and the only collar that he "listens" to for corrections. I also like the handle part of the "dual grip" -- it's easy to grab and use to control him if he's acting like a jerk, LOL. Oh, he's an allergy dog and it's one of the few collars that doesn't irritate his skin. Most importantly, he seems to like it and doesn't fight it like he did with other collars.

We also had the two inch flat collars for the rest of the crew. They worked great and never wore out, but the two-inch was a bit too wide for them. If/when I order the collars again, I'll get the 1 1/2 inch flat collars instead. The flat collars aren't nearly as heavy as the "dual grip", but they are still substantial and weigh much more than a standard nylon collar.

The folks at Blocky Collar are really easy to work with as well -- if you have any questions (especially about measurements), just email them and they're very helpful.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Klopfer » October 28th, 2009, 10:22 am

Uh, I really like Macs collar! Looks great!

I would like to have one like that: http://www.blockydogs.com/gallery/displ ... m=18&pos=6 (or yellow)
I'm afrait that it could look like this: http://www.blockydogs.com/gallery/displ ... =18&pos=20. Smokey has got a neck like a giraffe: long but very small. All his collars are 2''... umm
They say "fighting dogs" grab on and never let go; and it's the truth! Smokey grabbed my heart and never let go.

Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » October 28th, 2009, 10:36 am

I think you have to have a BIG dog to have one of those collars. I've seen them on smaller dogs and they look like neck braces!

I do like them though.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » October 28th, 2009, 11:07 am

Klopfer wrote:I'm afrait that it could look like this: http://www.blockydogs.com/gallery/displ ... =18&pos=20.

LMAO That's my Shorty and that's why she doesn't wear it anymore! :D

Smokey has got a neck like a giraffe: long but very small. All his collars are 2''... umm

The flat collar style should be fine for him. The "dual grip" would probably overwhelm him -- they are super-thick when buckled. I tried Mac's collar on Indy once and hated it. Indy is shorter than Mac but has a fairly big neck, and he just couldn't wear it.

How big around is Smokey's neck? Mac's is 28" and Indy's is 24" (but he's lost weight recently so may be smaller since last I measured).
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Klopfer » October 28th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Marinepits wrote:
Klopfer wrote:I'm afrait that it could look like this: http://www.blockydogs.com/gallery/displ ... =18&pos=20.

LMAO That's my Shorty and that's why she doesn't wear it anymore! :D

That's YOUR dog?! :o She's very cute but the collar looks awful on her :(

Marinepits wrote:How big around is Smokey's neck? Mac's is 28" and Indy's is 24" (but he's lost weight recently so may be smaller since last I measured).

just measured him.. don't laugh... it's 44 cm (17.3''). I told you that he's a giraffe ;)

Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » October 28th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Klopfer wrote:That's YOUR dog?! :o She's very cute but the collar looks awful on her

PERFECT example of what I was talking about in my post. They are great on big dogs, but on smaller dogs? Not so much. I don't mind the width, Riggs looks great in a two inch wide collar, but they are so thick, especially where they buckle!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Klopfer » October 28th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Ok :) I really like the Dual Grip collars, but I think Smokey is too thin for such a collar :(

I just bought a used 1,5'' Flat Golden Khaki for Smokey. The dogs that wears it before (Bluebell, a blue brindle AmStaff-Mix) is having the same size and neck-width.

Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » October 28th, 2009, 12:32 pm

mnp13 wrote:
Klopfer wrote:That's YOUR dog?! :o She's very cute but the collar looks awful on her

PERFECT example of what I was talking about in my post.

Oh, both of you shut up! :neener: It didn't look *that* bad on her in person, but that was a horrible angle to take the photo from! :lol3:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » October 28th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Klopfer wrote:I just bought a used 1,5'' Flat Golden Khaki for Smokey. The dogs that wears it before (Bluebell, a blue brindle AmStaff-Mix) is having the same size and neck-width.

Can't wait to see pics! :D
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » October 28th, 2009, 12:35 pm

Marinepits wrote:Oh, both of you shut up! :neener: It didn't look *that* bad on her in person, but that was a horrible angle to take the photo from! :lol3:

Well then take another one from a different angle! :rolleyes2: :wink:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 28th, 2009, 12:43 pm

they are nice collars. i'd like one for Eli but always forgot to order one and now I'm broke :P
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Marinepits » October 28th, 2009, 1:03 pm

mnp13 wrote:Well then take another one from a different angle! :rolleyes2: :wink:

Dude, those pics are from four years ago! I didn't have my nice pretty camera then, just a cheesy one, LOL.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Klopfer » October 28th, 2009, 1:15 pm

Marinepits wrote:
Klopfer wrote:I just bought a used 1,5'' Flat Golden Khaki for Smokey. The dogs that wears it before (Bluebell, a blue brindle AmStaff-Mix) is having the same size and neck-width.

Can't wait to see pics! :D

Can't wait to get the collar :D

You'll get some pics when it's here, ok? :) I think, the color will fit Smokey perfectly, he has got some golden stripes in his coat.

Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » October 28th, 2009, 1:27 pm

I have one for Max and it looks great on him! What a pain in the azz when I first got it though to just put it ON. Very thick!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Dan+Bec13 » October 28th, 2009, 3:57 pm

We got a blocky for Maddie. We've been really happy with it. We wanted something that we wouldn't have to replace and I think we found it. There has been no wear and tear to it, it's easy to clean, and it's very pink. Only complaint was that it took around 2 months from time of order to receiving it. Just make sure you measure out your dogs neck for size. Maddie has the one inch band that's 24 inches in length I believe. It's the smallest one you can get. Here are some pictures of Maddie with her blocky.

Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby smallstream » October 28th, 2009, 8:52 pm

That's an awesome pic of Maddie at the end. I have an issue in my house where our border collie EATS collars off the other dogs and even himself. (He's strange, what can I say?) So when we have collars on we have been forced to use choke chains, and I've had to put little hooky-dos on them so I don't have to worry they'll accidentally strangle themselves. Even w/ microchips I always figure if they got away that if they had tags on it'd be easier for someone to get them home to me. Once, I found a dog who had his address on his tag so it was really easy to take him home.
smallstream
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » October 28th, 2009, 9:50 pm

Akkkkk, I love Maddie's pink collar!!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » October 28th, 2009, 9:52 pm

madremissy wrote:Akkkkk, I love Maddie's pink collar!!!

Agreed! Tres chic!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Dan+Bec13 » October 29th, 2009, 4:02 pm

Thanks guys. Yea we couldn't resist putting her in a pink and neon pink collar. She is our princess.
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk