We got very bad news about Vincenzo

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby CinderDee » September 30th, 2009, 3:38 pm

What an awesome update! :confetti: Please don't be discouraged by the bloodwork. Kato had ups and downs too and had to skip chemo once due to his bloodwork. Vinny is doing extraordinarily well.

Hugs to you both! :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » September 30th, 2009, 6:51 pm

HappyChick wrote:Hey everyone! Here is your weekly update on Vinny bo Binny (thanks to Joyce I've been singing him the Name song lately :D ).

And I sing; "Angie is a dorkie dork...tra-la-la". 8)

:neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » September 30th, 2009, 9:02 pm

iluvk9 wrote:And I sing; "Angie is a dorkie dork...tra-la-la". 8)

:neener:

Sorry Joyce, I don't know that one.... :neener: right back atcha!!!!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby HappyChick » October 6th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Mini update...

The calcium is back down into the normal range again!! Yay! Dr. Blakeley has decided that this up and down with the calcium is just how it's going to be with Vinny. He weighs in at a hefty 73 lbs. now.

Vinny is always so happy to go to All Pets! This is how a typical visit goes these days: We walk in and Whitney says "Hi Vinny!!! How is that handsome boy today?" and she comes around to pet him as soon as she can. Jody or Abby comes out from the back and gives Vin lots of lovies (which he totally eats up). As Vinny and I wait in the waiting area, each person who walks in the door sets off a tail wagging of epic proportions until that person gives him some attention and some pets! Most everyone tells Vin how handsome he is and comments that he's such a good boy. Each dog or cat that comes through is greeted with major enthusiasm and curiosity from the Vinster. Then we go back to an exam room for more lovies from Jody, Holly, Zoey, Abby, Dr. B and all the other ladies there. Everyone LOVES Vin and he LOVES every minute of it! It's funny cause he actually looks for and at each person until they acknowledge his presence and give him lovies. What a charmer!!!

Always and forever, thank you to each of you who are still sending good thoughts and positive energy. I don't what we would do without you!
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » October 6th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Go Vinny Go :)

We're ALL in this together :dance: It's called 'Paying it forward'

:goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » October 6th, 2009, 11:16 pm

The calcium is back down into the normal range again!! Yay! Dr. Blakeley has decided that this up and down with the calcium is just how it's going to be with Vinny. He weighs in at a hefty 73 lbs. now.

YAY great to hear some good news :D
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby madremissy » October 6th, 2009, 11:37 pm

Excellent news and Vinny is a very handsome charmer. :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hundilein » October 7th, 2009, 12:10 am

Sounds like Vinny really knows how to turn on the charm! I'm glad he's doing well. Keep up the good work!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » October 12th, 2009, 5:46 pm

:clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » October 12th, 2009, 6:01 pm

Good for Vinny!!! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » October 13th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Check up and Chemo today. After all, it IS Tuesday. :) Vinny now weighs in at a whopping 75.7 lbs.! I'm thinking he may now qualify for the "Michelle Says My Dog is Fat Club". :D

His calcium is still in the normal range and HCT (the one that shows anemia) is up to 32 which means that's getting better. The rest of the bloodwork is looking good. He got the Vincristine today so everything went pretty quickly. Six more chemo treatments to go and then we are done!

Vin is acting pretty good today. This crappy, cold, rainy weather we've been having lately has a negative effect on us all, but he definitely enjoyed his walk to the appointment today.

We heard some sad news today. Last week a bulldog was brought in to see Dr. B. He was full of cancer - liver, lymph nodes, everywhere. He was in great pain. His owners decided to give him peace and put him down. He was only 1 year, 11 months old. Dr. B said to me that if they could all respond as well as Vinny to treatment.... The cancer was just too advanced in the poor little guy. How very sad. :cry1: RIP little bulldog.

I feel like I am so very blessed to have a second chance with Vinny. I know that the evil killer is lurking in the darkness, waiting for his chance to bring incredible grief, suffering, and death into our lives. BUT we fight and fight and fight because we got the chance, and we enjoy every day with a brand new awareness.

Thanks and blessings to all our fellow fighters and loving supporters.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » October 13th, 2009, 8:58 pm

I'm sorry about the little bulldog, but very happy to hear that Vinny continues to do so well!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » October 14th, 2009, 4:07 am

I'm also very sorry to hear about the bulldog, but thrilled that Vinny is doing so well. :confetti: :greenRibbon:

Give him a hug and a kiss from us.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby madremissy » October 14th, 2009, 11:36 am

Great update for Vinny. Good thoughts still coming for his continued recovery.

RIP little bulldog. :(
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby HappyChick » October 20th, 2009, 9:43 am

Vinny had a bad night, I guess. Last night when Joe tried to let the dogs out for the last time of the night, no one would go. That's a little unusual, but if they don't need to go, they don't need to go. This morning when I got up, Vinny was acting like he didn't feel good. He was walking slowly and a little unsteady. Then he wouldn't go outside. I got him as far as the sunroom and he peed on the floor. As I've said before, Vinny doesn't go in the house unless he is sick. He came back into the kitchen and got gaggy and tried to vomit, but nothing came out. Then I discovered the blankets on the kitchen floor had been peed on.

Vinny was hovering about while I fixed my breakfast so I decided I'd try to feed him a little bit of Tripett which he gobbled right down and kept down. I gave him lots of extra lovies this morning and hated to leave for work, but I had to. Shane is home today and I know he will keep a good eye on Vin. Today is chemo day and Dr. B will check him out. I don't know if he is really sick or just anxious because he went potty in the house and maybe was afraid I'd be disappointed in him. I don't hit my dogs so it's not a matter of him being afraid in that way. Heck I don't even scold them for peeing in the house because I figure it's my fault if they do because I know they are well trained.

Other than this morning, Vinny has been feeling really good. We took a nice walk yesterday after work because the weather is finally nice again. He has been a little more tired lately, but I think that's the weather we'd been having and maybe the chemo. Does anyone think he could be developing side effects to the chemo as the number of treatments he's had increases? Maybe he is having a build up of the drugs in his system and is finally starting to have side effects? I'll ask Dr. B today what she thinks.

Please keep the good thoughts coming. Thank you.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 20th, 2009, 10:27 am

Lots of good thoughts for handsome Vinny today. :goodthoughts:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » October 20th, 2009, 10:53 am

Positive, healing thoughts headed Vinny's way...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby kera09 » October 20th, 2009, 11:17 am

:goodthoughts: to vinny!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » October 20th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Sorry, no answers for you on the chemo. As for the peeing; hey, if I come home from work and have to go REAL BAD, sometimes I don't think I can make it up the stairs and would LOVE to just go on the floor! 8)

But: Vinny-Bo-Binny is obviously very strong and he is always being thought of!

And you, too! :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » October 20th, 2009, 4:27 pm

:goodthoughts: heading ya'lls way, and hugs from me for you too!! :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer