Dogfight-This really sucks

Postby mistee06 » March 21st, 2007, 4:16 pm

awww the poor baby......accidents happen!!! I'm glad that your baby is okay!!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » June 17th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Bumping this up I hope!

PARTY TIME!!!!! HENRY GOT ADOPTED TODAY!!! AND ITS A WINNER!
:helloClap: :helloClap: :helloClap: :helloClap: :helloClap:

Super nice young lady with a 10 yr old pit mix she adopted from lolly-pop 5 years ago and a sweet 8 month old deaf foster with more energy than Henry if you can imagine. TOTALLY PIT SAVY HOME ! She does all the right things, will not let them alone unattended etc...

The two youngsters played in the yard today at Travis house till they were laying down and still were carrying on laying down :P they had a good time. We had a good visit and off they went :) The older female was referee and would herd them around, she is awesome with the younger dogs just like her mama said.

What really impressed me with this young lady was how confident and well behaved the deaf pup was, he would take hand signals from me even! She trained him herself, he was from a shelter and was typical hyperness and all that comes with deaf pups with no training when she got him .. anyhow , Henry gets to live on a horse ranch, has a fenced yard, gets to go to the vet hospital his mama works at with her too, his first day will be tomorrow, he gets to hang out in the office ans socialize, his fav thing next to roughhousing.

The best part is she gets her vet care gratis and whatever he needs for his elbow she can do no sweat.. Henry is doing awesome but still taking Baytril to avoid bone and joint infection which he had started to develop first time off the other antibiotic a month ago. We took him right in first sign of trouble and they cultured some fluid from the joint and found Baytril was drug for it. He'll be due for another culture of the fluid soon and that will tell if he can stop the meds I imagine.

anyway, I'm rambling.. high on adoption juice... just got off the phone and the boys were out playing with toys and tugs before bed having a grand time she said. She said he rode home so nice in the car and met people at the ranch with gusto like they were old friends. I'm super happy this sweet guy got his home. We had a few close adoptions with him but the home checks were horrible so we didn't do it. I'm glad we held out. He got the perfect place for him.

Henry weighs in at 58 lbs now, starting to look like a little man more than a pup.

I'm so happy for him I can hardly stand it, had a big grin all day.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » June 17th, 2007, 10:43 pm

OH! I forgot to say.. her mom and dad live right down the road from me!!!!!
she brought her mom too and we all sat out under the trees and visited and watched the dogs play... super nice day.
We took some nice pics of the three dogs and Henry's new mama too.. will get those up!
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » June 17th, 2007, 10:48 pm

Congratulations, that's wonderful! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » June 17th, 2007, 10:53 pm

Awesome news! Congrats to everyone involved :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenny » June 17th, 2007, 10:58 pm

OH! something interesting too! His shelter records were dated the 17th..
last october but the 17th is what I am getting at...
TODAY IS THE 17TH!~!!!!!!
GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » October 18th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Just to update on Henry :P

He got his TDI CERT!!!! TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

Stephany has done such a great job with this boy. He is the very best. :mrgreen:
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » October 19th, 2009, 6:40 am

:woowoo: That's great!

We need to see updated pics, too. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenny » October 22nd, 2009, 1:31 am

OMG I know! Stephanie will send me some choice ones.. he is one big hunk of love now.. and just as sweet and goofy as he was when he was a baby.

Here is a pic at our CGC training class.. this boyscout volunteered and brought his neighbors dog he played with all the time.. what a hooligan ! He got to handle Henry (in the pic) so he could see the correct responses and all... Henry behaved for that boy just as he did for Stephanie. :love3:

Here is Henry at training class in "down-stay" waiting for the next exercise.

- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Rescue