PR Stuff?

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Megumi-Oni » October 17th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Has anyone here ever tried to do some PR stuff like write letters to reporters, editors, journalists, or news stations? I'd be interested in helping if it's been started. Feedback would be welcomed. The idea I have in mind is that we hold these entities accountable when the have a headline that reads "woman dies in proximity to pit bull." You know, the misleading headlines that invoke sensational reactions in the lobbyists who create the BSL?

Anyway, if it's been started, cool. If not I might look into it.

Thanks!
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » October 17th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Been doing it for years. If you will look at the stickies in this section you will fond quite a bit of info on how to do it, what to say & form letters to personalize.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Megumi-Oni » October 18th, 2009, 1:16 pm

Stickies... that's funny. I don't know why they're called that, but the implications are profound. lol

Cool, I'm learning all I can about the whole "how to" thing this week because my plan is to really inundate these media mavens with "hey, what are you doing? Hello!"

Thanks for the pointer!
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » October 18th, 2009, 1:45 pm

The more people that do it, the better. IMO there can never be enough people writing letters and working on PR. The key is to make sure you have all your facts backed up and all your "ducks in a row", and keep a cool and level head when doing it.

Its great that you're looking into this, there are many breeds that need it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL