This is PINK!

Postby HappyChick » October 17th, 2009, 12:08 am

Pink has not had an easy life. He turns one year old sometime this month and is living at the shelter for a second time. The guy who adopted him had his schedule changed therefore couldn't devote any time to Pink and returned him. Pink has been neutered and I believe had his vaccines. He is a very special dog in part because he is deaf. He was not taught any obedience by his first owner. A college girl who volunteers at the shelter has taken a special interest in Pink and taught him several things. She says he is very smart and learned all these things within the short time he's been there. He knows sign language for: sit, wait, no, and good boy. I watched Pink in action today and his attention was on her completely. It was really awesome seeing him in action! She also told me she goes in his pen every day, sits on his cot, and cuddles with him. She'd adopt him in a minute if she didn't live in the dorms at the University.

He has a big problem with other dogs right now due to a recent fight with a lab at the shelter. The lab instigated the fight and apparently the general population that visit the shelter don't have enough sense to keep the dogs away from each other when walking them.

Here are a few pictures.

If anyone knows of a rescue who would be interested in this sweet boy, please let me know.

Thanks!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » October 17th, 2009, 12:21 am

Aww poor guy, what a shame she can't take him. :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » October 17th, 2009, 8:02 am

Pink is really very cute. :) I hope he gets his forever home AND his name is changed to something more manly...no wonder the Labrador picked a fight with him. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » October 17th, 2009, 9:14 am

Jenn wrote:Aww poor guy, what a shame she can't take him. :(

Ditto.

He really is quite handsome, but does need a name change. :wink:

Have you contacted any deaf dog rescues?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby HappyChick » October 17th, 2009, 9:24 am

Marinepits wrote:Have you contacted any deaf dog rescues?

I didn't know there were any rescues specifically for deaf dogs. :oops: I'll do that this morning. Thanks!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby hugapitbull » October 17th, 2009, 1:07 pm

He is a beauty. Hope he finds his forever special home soon.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Return to Rescue