Finnegan Growing Up

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Marinepits » September 8th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Finnegan is about seven months old now. He's recently begun The Big Moult and is growing in his adult feathers. It makes him *very* cranky and the new feathers growing in make him scratch like crazy -- he looks like that horror character Pin Head. :giggle: He gets lots of head-scratches from us, LOL. He'll lose the orange on his head (the females keep the orange) and will grow in orange feathers under his wings and on top of his shoulders.

He's learned to say "hello" fairly clearly and consistently, and is working on "good morning"and "good boy". He's mumbling other sounds that will probably become words but they aren't clear enough to identify yet. He can wolf-whistle, call the dogs with a whistle, and still barks like Shorty and Katy, LOL. Finn's also learned a REALLY annoying and loud series of sounds/whistles and we cannot place what it is. It's not any of the phones in the house, so maybe he picked it up from the telly or the radio. :|

Finn has earned the nickname "Woodchipper" because he can literally make saw dust out of any wood toys in a matter of minutes.

These pics were taken about a month ago:

Finn loves fruit, especially blueberries. His beak is stained purple on the end, LOL.

Cantaloupe is a big favourite, too.

These pics were taken today:

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 8th, 2009, 5:00 pm

He's cute! Has he been healthy since that initial first vet visit fiasco? (am I thinking of the right bird?)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » September 8th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Yeah, that's the right bird. He's been perfectly fine since then. He looks great (except for being ratty because of the moult) and has a ton of energy, and that hasn't changed since we first got him. I'm trying to do research on the "false positive" readings on megabacteria tests because I don't believe he was ever really sick. None of the birds in the store had it (I saw vet records) and it's an EXTREMELY contagious "disease" -- if one bird has it, any bird in the same proximity has it. Plus, many birds are naturally born with some megabacteria in their digestive tracts and it's never a problem for them. So, who knows. :| It's not like I'll ever trust that hospital again to give me a straight answer on anything, LOL.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » September 8th, 2009, 5:25 pm

I love his coloring, so vibrant.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » September 8th, 2009, 5:47 pm

I think birds like that know A LOT more than they are letting on to.... :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » September 9th, 2009, 3:38 am

he is friggin' cute! :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » September 10th, 2009, 7:49 am

Thanks, everyone!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » September 10th, 2009, 10:04 am

He is very pretty 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » September 10th, 2009, 10:23 am

He is beautiful. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » October 16th, 2009, 4:29 pm

So, just a quick update because Finn's been making me laugh all afternoon --

I have allergies nearly year-round, but fall and spring are the worst. Couple that with a nasty cold I had earlier this week and I've been sneezing non-stop. Well, Finn now sneezes EXACTLY like me! LMAO The more he sneezes, the more I laugh, and the more he keeps sneezing!

He now says "I'm a good boy", "Good boy Finn!" (especially when he's being BAD), "Knock it off!" (when the dogs are rough-housing around his cage), and mimics my cell phone ring exactly -- to the point that I have to look at him first before I grab my phone. He's fooled me a few times, LOL.

What a freshie! I'm so glad we added him to our menagerie!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby furever_pit » October 16th, 2009, 5:10 pm

What a cutie!!
I love the antics that some birds pull off. I would want one, but they're too much work. LOL
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 16th, 2009, 5:16 pm

You need to get some video of him - he sounds like a lot of fun!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » October 16th, 2009, 5:24 pm

Marinepits wrote:So, just a quick update because Finn's been making me laugh all afternoon --

I have allergies nearly year-round, but fall and spring are the worst. Couple that with a nasty cold I had earlier this week and I've been sneezing non-stop. Well, Finn now sneezes EXACTLY like me! LMAO The more he sneezes, the more I laugh, and the more he keeps sneezing!

He now says "I'm a good boy", "Good boy Finn!" (especially when he's being BAD), "Knock it off!" (when the dogs are rough-housing around his cage), and mimics my cell phone ring exactly -- to the point that I have to look at him first before I grab my phone. He's fooled me a few times, LOL.

What a freshie! I'm so glad we added him to our menagerie!

you guys sound like great bird owners :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BullyLady » October 16th, 2009, 7:14 pm

LMAO He sounds like a blast to have around!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby madremissy » October 16th, 2009, 9:04 pm

I agree videos would be appreciated :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » October 16th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Start talking trash and THEN video him!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » October 16th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Ack, I KNOW I have to video him, but I'm such a techno-phobe! :oops: :lol3: I really *do* have to learn how to use my camera's video feature.

Malli wrote:you guys sound like great bird owners :)

Thanks, Malli -- you had a lot to do with it! And Erin, too! You guys gave me many tips and websites that REALLY helped us get "edumacated". :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » October 17th, 2009, 8:04 am

Marinepits wrote:Ack, I KNOW I have to video him, but I'm such a techno-phobe! :oops: :lol3: I really *do* have to learn how to use my camera's video feature.

Ya Dork. Put it on "video" and press the button....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 17th, 2009, 9:27 am

Gorgeous!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members