Training.

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby katiek0417 » October 16th, 2009, 1:57 pm

furever_pit wrote:I am a HUGE fan of training logs for tracking. I keep one for each of my dogs. I like it because I can keep better track of weather conditions, how long I am aging the track, the distance and shapes of the track, etc. I can also make notes about each dog's performance and what we need to work on. I learned to keep a log at the very first tracking seminar I went to. So I think that's a really good idea.
Tracking is hard work but is very rewarding so I say go for it!

As for Schutzhund, it was developed as the breed test for the GSD, but many other breeds participate now. IMO it is a good test for any working breed of dog prior to being bred.

I'm going to be doing some tracking with my new puppy...I had some questions, so I'll probably send you a PM
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby maberi » October 16th, 2009, 1:58 pm

Sorry I posted my experience with Yoda and dog parks in this thread by accident last night. :doh:

I moved it over to the Me no likey! thread

PS - Awesome video with Cy
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby katiek0417 » October 16th, 2009, 2:12 pm

maberi wrote:Sorry I posted my experience with Yoda and dog parks in this thread by accident last night. :doh:

I moved it over to the Me no likey! thread

PS - Awesome video with Cy

I gotcha! lol I was so confused looking under the Sports forum.... :? :D

And thank you...his obedience sucked in the OB video (for him, anyway)...I have other video where he looks better, but I can't get it off my video camera (I don't know how...I know it's probably easy :doh: ). But, it was the only example of OB that I had to show....I was very proud of his protection work, however!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Megumi-Oni » October 16th, 2009, 2:32 pm

What does it mean when my PMs are all in my outbox and they appear to have not be sent?

Just curious... thanks!
Megumi-Oni
Just Whelped

Postby katiek0417 » October 16th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Megumi-Oni wrote:What does it mean when my PMs are all in my outbox and they appear to have not be sent?

Just curious... thanks!

I think it means the recipient hasn't read it....from what I noticed (I have a board using the same "programming" as this one that I'm the head admin on), it goes in the outbox until the recipient has read it, then it gets moved to the sent items...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mnp13 » October 16th, 2009, 3:08 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
Megumi-Oni wrote:What does it mean when my PMs are all in my outbox and they appear to have not be sent?

Just curious... thanks!

I think it means the recipient hasn't read it....from what I noticed (I have a board using the same "programming" as this one that I'm the head admin on), it goes in the outbox until the recipient has read it, then it gets moved to the sent items...

correct
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior