Marines BAN Pitbulls

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Pit♥bull » October 11th, 2009, 8:43 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... entry.html

The Marine Corps is moving to ban dogs with aggressive temperaments from Camp Pendleton and other bases under a policy developed after a 3-year-old boy at Camp Lejeune, N.C., was fatally bitten by a pit bull.

The banned breeds are pit bulls, Rottweilers and wolf hybrids.

Families moving into base housing are no longer allowed to bring those breeds. Families already in housing can keep their dogs until Sept. 30, 2012, but only if they receive a "good-dog" waiver.

In Camp Pendleton housing units, there are 190 pit bulls and 30 Rottweilers, according to officials. The base has more than 7,300 housing units for families.

No dogs are allowed in barracks or enlisted or bachelor officer quarters. All dogs -- and cats -- in family housing must be registered. No family is allowed more than two pets.

Camp Pendleton has yet to determine how dogs will be evaluated to see if they qualify for a waiver.

At three Marine bases in South Carolina, 83 of 85 dogs from the targeted breeds qualified for waivers after passing a test by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » October 11th, 2009, 12:30 pm

At three Marine bases in South Carolina, 83 of 85 dogs from the targeted breeds qualified for waivers after passing a test by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

snort.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jackuul » October 16th, 2009, 2:27 pm

I'd be more worried about the Marines there. Taking their dogs is not a good idea.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby Pit♥bull » October 16th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Jackuul wrote:I'd be more worried about the Marines there. Taking their dogs is not a good idea.
LMAO
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » October 16th, 2009, 2:41 pm

:lol3: True dat.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Dan+Bec13 » October 16th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Are they not aware of sgt. stubby?
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL