Last Chance for Iris.

Postby bustersmama » April 30th, 2006, 5:46 pm

This is Iris, I am at a dead end with what more I can do to help her out of the situation she is in. I cannot believe it has come to this. Anyone need a great dog?

this is Iris

BUMP - this situation has become extremely urgent.

If anyone is interested in a very athletic and drivey dog PLEASE PM me or email me at missyoumarilyn@aol.com

Iris has until Friday and then will most likely be euthanized.

Iris is dog aggressive and would not do well with cats. She will need someone who will run with her, spring pole with her and get her all the exersise she can take.

Her foster parents made a mistake tonight which almost cost them a resident dog and now are at their witts end with Iris and husband wants her GONE. I have no other place for her to go!!

If anyone can help please, contact me soon. this dog is super sweet and loves all the humans she meets. No kids though, she is to rambuncsious (sp) and would knock them down most likely.

i am rambling - sorry.

last plea -

This is Iris.

Iris has been in rescue for almost 4 months, without any decent inquiries on her. Iris is a fun loving dog, with lots of personality and energy. She is only about 50lbs and - as you can see a Blue dog. We estimate that she is about 2 years old and has been bred before.

This is an urgent situation and now its almost come to a sad end. Due to Iris's dog aggression, her foster parents no longer feel they can keep the other dogs on the property safe. She has gone after (after opening gates and jumping fences) the other dogs at least 3 times and this last time (although not her fault at all) was the last straw for her. Iris is dog aggressive. This is not her fault, nor is it a fault at all. This is in her genes, Iris is an American Pit Bull Terrier. She does not eat kids, nor is she a good guard dog. Iris gives good kisses, she loves to spring and loves attention. Iris will definitely need a big back yard to play in, and no other doggie companions for the rest of her life.

Iris will be put to sleep within the week if I cannot find anyone to take her out of the current situation. She will die because she doesn't like other dogs - that's it. Unfair as it is, I have no place for her to go. I do NOT want Iris to be put to sleep. She does not deserve to die.

I am angry that it has come to this, and disappointed in the entire situation. But - ultimately I have no say in the matter. All I can do is send out this last plea for to you for help. I know everyone is full, and taking on a dog aggressive dog is hard to do...but I have to at least try for her.

I can donate money to a receiving rescue and transport her far and wide. If anyone out there can find a place in their heart for a sweet dog please email me asap.

I understand a lot of questions and concerns may arise from this email, and encourage you to send them to me and I will try to answer/respond the best I can. Please just understand that this is NOT my choice.

Thanks.

Sarah Tirpak-Cogdill
For the Love of Pits Rescue http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/south/ftlopr17542.html
http://www.UCARErescue.net
"Give a dog a bad name and hang him. The virtues of the dogs are his own, his vices, those of his master" Old English Proverb
FIGHT BSL or LIVE BSL without your dog!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » April 30th, 2006, 6:11 pm

crap

That is a very stressful situation!

I hope you find a good solution.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Chopper » May 1st, 2006, 10:16 am

Come on people don't let this girl die. She is young enough to overcome her down falls with proper training and a ton of love.

Bustersmama... Have you posted her on Pit Bull Forum....

Let me know if I can help in any way..... courtesy post on web pages etc.
Chopper
Just Whelped

Postby bustersmama » May 2nd, 2006, 10:45 am

Thanks Chopper. RIP Iris, sweet girl - I am so sorry that this happened, I hope you can rest easy at the bridge knowing it will never happen again.

I miss you.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue