A little bit of everything...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby plebayo » October 5th, 2009, 12:04 am

So Friday was a big day. Sofie had her chemo, LiLo got acupuncture, and Seth had his anal glands taken out. These pictures are from the last couple of days and today of everyone.

Rats:

Liam. He's getting bigger, a little chunky and his nuts have appeared. Yikes!

Chase

Chase hanging out on my bed with me. I put sheets all over my bed in case they have an accident or something, hence the geeky sheet.
----

Napolean:

Looking concerned while watching the rats.

Snoozing with Sofie
----

Seth & LiLo:
On Drugs.

Baboon butt in the background.

LiLo
----

"National annoy your pet day":
Sofie and I. She is really into it, you can tell.

Squish.

Napolean is even more thrilled with the idea.
----

And for kicks, some midget horses next door:

He's my favorite. I don't know if he got sold or moved or what, but he was so curious and adorable.

Some fuzzy baby:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2009, 5:50 am

plebayo wrote:So Friday was a big day. Sofie had her chemo, LiLo got acupuncture, and Seth had his anal glands taken out.

Okay, that was a very funny intro.... :giggle:

Nice photos, and I agree that Sofie is NOT into it as much as you are. 8)

That last little pony is adorable!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2009, 7:13 am

"Baboon butt" :lol3: Great pics!

Hey, let us know how it goes for Seth and his recovery -- we've been debating on getting Shorty's anal glands removed, too.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 5th, 2009, 7:55 am

Great shots!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » October 5th, 2009, 10:58 am

National annoy your pet day

lol Dangit, I had no clue and missed it!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » October 5th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Marinepits wrote:"Baboon butt" :lol3: Great pics!

Hey, let us know how it goes for Seth and his recovery -- we've been debating on getting Shorty's anal glands removed, too.

OT but what was your reason for removing them? Do they get overfull and need to be expressed a lot? Oscar expresses his own on his bedding :puke:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » October 5th, 2009, 12:56 pm

Seth has been doing fabulous. At first I didn't realize how much it involved, I mean his neuter was super smooth. We put him on a post operative CRI [constant rate infusion?] with Morphine and Ketamine. I didn't realize it was a pretty painful procedure and the doctor wanted him to get it over night as well, so I took the pump and everything home.

The day after he was crying quite a bit some from pain [he was no longer on the CRI just tramadol and ace for sedation] but I think also from being loopy. I kept him on the tramadol and gave it every 6-8 hours to try to keep ahead of the pain. He stayed pretty loopy most of Saturday. Yesterday I gave him ace and tramadol and he's been feeling much better trying to play with LiLo and the cat. Today he's back to normal. He hasn't tried to lick his butt at all, he didn't want to poop yesterday but finally did today. I felt bad for him the first day after but I really think his patheticness was due to the drugs, not so much that his butt was that sore.

OT but what was your reason for removing them? Do they get overfull and need to be expressed a lot? Oscar expresses his own on his bedding

He kept expressing them in the car randomly which I could put up with. But then he expressed them on my bed, in his sleep! While we had him under even while clipping his butt he expressed them. The morning after he did it on my bed I expressed them and one was empty but the other was super full. Obviously he wasn't emptying them properly. The vet that did it is my boss and he took his dog's out, one of our techs had both of her dogs done. He's done this surgery a lot so I felt confident that he wouldn't screw my dog up, and that in the end it would be better for Seth because then he could sleep in bed with me hahaha.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2009, 3:51 pm

STOP SAYING "EXPRESSING"...It's making me gag....

:neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » October 5th, 2009, 4:44 pm

STOP SAYING "EXPRESSING"...It's making me gag....

LOL.

You're a weener.

:mrgreen:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2009, 5:20 pm

How about "bursting"? Or maybe "oooooooozing"? "Leaking"?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » October 6th, 2009, 2:33 am

exploding! :| :lol3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby kera09 » October 6th, 2009, 11:20 am

aww glad everyone is doing good! adorable pics :) id like to take all 3 of mine in and have the glands removed!! i wont, bc they arent to much of a problem. Leaky,oooozing anal glands make me want to :puke:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » October 7th, 2009, 12:32 am

Needless to say I'm glad his don't... ooze anymore :p

He's doing fabulously and the hair is already growing back on his butt!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » October 7th, 2009, 2:56 am

:clap:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby call2arms » October 8th, 2009, 12:13 am

Good on the recovery, that's got to be a uncomfortable the foirst couple times they have to poop...

On a funnier note, my boss once had a dog EXPRESS (just for you, Joyce) in his mouth by accident. Now that's really, really disgisting, but hilarious at the same time. He no longer talks while he EXPRESSES anal glands (which he does once in a while, he likes to do tech appts. instead of nothing when there are no shows)...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » October 8th, 2009, 4:36 am

I know a tech who had that happen too.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » October 8th, 2009, 10:14 am

One of the vets who works with Dr Blabs had that happen, too. He had a beard at the time and COULD NOT get the smell out of his beard! :giggle:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby call2arms » October 10th, 2009, 12:28 am

Nasty...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Marinepits » October 10th, 2009, 8:37 am

How's Baboon Butt doing today?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » October 10th, 2009, 9:40 am

I am AGAIN ignoring all of you....

But, how is he today?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members