Did you all see this???

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 29th, 2006, 1:45 pm

pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » April 29th, 2006, 2:06 pm

That poor family, that's just sick and sad..
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvmyangels » April 29th, 2006, 2:28 pm

That is really sad.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 29th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Holy crap!!! I cannot imagine this happeneing. Unreal
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » April 29th, 2006, 4:05 pm

There are reports around here of "rescues" stealing people's dogs.

Its becoming more and more frequent.

My own friend's dog was stolen off her line in his yard. Most likely someone assumed she was not properly cared for, or this is what we think. But no one contacted the ACO about this, no one attempted to speak with the family about their concerns, they just took her, my boyfriend found her strolling down the road with the lady who "rescued" her (she really did care well for her and had nothing to do with how it all started) from the ACO Shelter where she ended up (on another island, none the less, about 50 miles away, even though they had called both the local SPCA and the ACO when she dissapeared and no one knew anything)and was slated to be euthanized because her 3 months were up.

She ended up in a great "retirement" home, but our friends still miss her, they have even put up a framed picture of her.

Pet "kidnappings" are becoming all to common, around here anyway.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 29th, 2006, 4:19 pm

I've also heard of pets being stolen for research purposes. Don't know how true that is, but it's just one more reason Inara's never alone outside.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » April 29th, 2006, 5:13 pm

I had an 8 year old fat lazy nuetered male stolen from me years ago. Right out if the privacy fenced in back yard in broad daylight. I have no idea what happened with Booger but I can't imagine it was very good. I searched all the shelters in San Antonio weekly for at least a year & never found him. Not that i expected to find him in a shelter but I had no where else to look.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » April 29th, 2006, 7:31 pm

I just read that story in the paper. Just another reason to find a vet you can trust and respect.
I could not imagine having to go through that.
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 29th, 2006, 8:02 pm

There have been times that I wanted to do the same. People putting down dogs and cats for no good reason except they didn't want to deal with the medical issues. It sounds as though the dog's seiziures were being controlled for a while, and that the family gave up on her before she was ready to give up on herself. Which I find sad and pathetic in itself. But either way the veterinary facility has the obligation to PTS a dog when they said they were going to PTS a dog. They could have turned her away if they didn't want to do it.

I remember we had a woman, absolutely hysterical, who was FINALLY putting down her lab who was cancer ridden and extremely ill. She insisted on watching them put him in the bag and then into the freezer and also wanted to stay until the dog was picked up by the cremation services because she was convinced that as soon as she walked out the door we would give the dog some sort of injection to reverse the euthanol and one of us would take him home. Trust me, that dog was the walking dead, no one would have wanted to bring the poor guy back to life even if we could. It was a sad moment.

My friend worked at a different facility and said this guy, a real heartless asshole, wanted to put his 1 year old cat to sleep because he was scratching the furniture. The cat was otherwise healthy. He insisted on staying through the whole thing, not for sentimental reasons, but to make sure that "the little bastard is really dead."

Yeah, those last two stories were a bit off topic but this reminded me of them . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » April 30th, 2006, 12:30 am

Malli wrote:There are reports around here of "rescues" stealing people's dogs.

Just what we need...a buncha PETA type whack jobs making REAL rescue look bad...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » April 30th, 2006, 12:13 pm

exactly ;)

Its all I can do since that incident to convince my bf otherwise on rescues, we were both very close with and adored this dog, she is Oscar's mum.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Maryellen » April 30th, 2006, 12:25 pm

stupid vet.. i always stay to the end to make sure.. i had a foster dog(adult pit) that redirected to a child, had to be euthed/ i drove her home from the rescue presidents house, to the ER vet in my area. the ER vet tried to pull the same crap with me, gave her a super strong sedative, stayed with me for a few minutes, then told me she had passed.. boy was she surprised when i asked for the stethoscope to make sure the heartbeat stopped... i then listened, and said she was still alive, and to finish the job. the vet got pissed at me for not being stupid, and i refused to leave until they did the final needle. i then stayed to make sure her heart had stopped and she had passed. the vet techs told me they could have adopted her to someone with no kids. .i told them they were idiots and i would sue if the dog was not euthed..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » April 30th, 2006, 3:50 pm

That is BS!!!! I'd be so pissed.
If it isn't PINK or BLUE (in the shot needle) it isn't the right stuff!
But I could see how easy it would be to fool someone who was sobbing and brokenhearted.
When I first took the job here, I had a case where a huge female (not fixed) Rottie had been loose and killed a cat. But we could not prove she was the one who killed the cat since there were two dogs involved. Anyway I lectured the people on proper care, keeping dog contained, etc.
Then one AM she was loose and chased a child on a bike on his way to school. She actually bit and tore the boy's coat. A woman witnessed it and drove her car between the dog and the boy who had managed to get away, and the dog went back home I believe, anyway it ended up being that they chose to euthanize the dog.
The woman didn't stay for the whole thing but put the muzzle on the dog, who was growling at the vet :o and stayed until she was sedated.
Then I stayed for the euthanasia part. The dog was very dead when I disposed of the body myself, to make sure it was done.
The point there was, she was a young dog, 2years or so. But there's no fiddling around with this stuff. That boy could easily have lost his face or his life.
People who think they can "find it a home with no kids" are stupid and have no place in animal "rescue" in my opinion!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Off-Topic