Looking for chicken based, grain free treats

Postby mnp13 » October 7th, 2009, 10:29 am

Does anyone know of a single source protein, preferably chicken based, grain free treat that is commercially available?

Thanks!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » October 7th, 2009, 10:43 am

Crunchy or soft?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » October 7th, 2009, 10:46 am

Sitstay.com's selection of grain-free goodies: (chicken based as well as other meats...)

http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/ser ... _category=
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » October 7th, 2009, 10:48 am

Boiled chicken? :wink:

I buy split bone in chicken breast for about 1.29 lb. Boil up 4 or 5 breasts, and then cut it up for the week.

Ends up being very cheap, healthy and the dogs enjoy it
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » October 7th, 2009, 10:50 am

cloud star provenance biscuits...chicken and potato

http://www.cloudstar.com/8B85D0640D2843 ... 230C4E7DEE

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » October 7th, 2009, 10:51 am

Cleanrun.com's selection of chicken/turkey treats:

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ory_ID=301

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » October 7th, 2009, 12:25 pm

what about dehydrated boiled strips of chicken?

I know the lady I work for has dried beefheart and that is popular... (not sure if it's cooked or not)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » October 7th, 2009, 2:21 pm

thanks!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » October 7th, 2009, 11:56 pm

The store next to my work makes some dried chickens strips, nothing but chicken and added either vit. e, cod oil or glucosamine. It doesn't even end up in runny bloody diarrhea on my kitchen floor, and that's saying a lot!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » October 8th, 2009, 9:08 am

I got a dehydrator for Xmas years ago, from my parents...and I drag it out from time to time to make chicken jerky for the dogs...just using strips of breast meat...or even chicken livers.

Very easy. :D

TheRedQueen

Postby BullyLady » October 8th, 2009, 10:13 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I got a dehydrator for Xmas years ago, from my parents...and I drag it out from time to time to make chicken jerky for the dogs...just using strips of breast meat...or even chicken livers.

Very easy. :D

I think we received some of the "fruits" of that dehydrator from our Secret Santa package and Shelby LOVED it!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Return to Pet Food, Nutrition, Allergies