New here in Arizona

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby DivaDog » October 4th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Hey there I just thought I would introduce myself. I have a 7 month old pup that I got from Animal Control. I am interested in learning as much as I can about the breed as she is my first pit.

-ANG
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » October 4th, 2009, 6:32 pm

Hi Ang

Are you the person I suggested join the forum from the pit bull working dog group?

If so, welcome!! If not, welcome!!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby DivaDog » October 4th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Yes that would be me! I hope to get access to search the forum soon.
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » October 4th, 2009, 7:05 pm

A mod should let you in shortly. Glad you decided to join. Ton of great info on the forum
maberi

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 4th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum! it is a GREAT place to learn and meet other owners! :wave2:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby DivaDog » October 4th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I am having problems posting and Avitar/Pic of my girl! Maybe I will figure it all out soon. Going to go to the dog park soon so I will figure have to figure it out later. Or maybe I don't have access to that? I resized the picture and everything.
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 4th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Welcome! Tell us a bit more about yourself and what got you into the breed so we can approve you to post. Also, check out this link about dog parks: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12930

:wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » October 4th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to hear more about your new girl.....

DivaDog wrote:I am having problems posting and Avitar/Pic of my girl!

Go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » October 4th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby kera09 » October 4th, 2009, 11:11 pm

welcome! :wave2:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby DivaDog » October 4th, 2009, 11:26 pm

Thanks for the site to shrink the pic! Ok so I went back in to the introduction spot and I will kindof use the template
Hi, my name is Angela, I live in Arizona. I've been involved with dogs my entire life my lab-mix was over 15 when he passed in June and I had him from a puppy. I have one dog right now Diva which I got from my local animal control when she was about 8 weeks old. The whole litter or three of them ended up at animal care and control as strays. My pups name is Diva and she fits her name well. I got my first Pit Bull because they are the best dogs ever! I want to own a Pit Bull because they are the best dogs ever. I am interested in Pit Bulls because they are the best dogs ever. Did I mention that I thought Pits were the best dogs ever? I support the breed because, I think I mentioned something about them being the best dogs ever. A little over the top? ;) There is not BSL in my area. These are the sports / activities I do with my dog...currently she is a 7 month old puppy so her sport is play, play, chew on things, chase the cat, play. I had her enrolled in Puppy classes but I broke my arms so we had to drop out. I have healed sooooo back to classes again starting next weekend. I am going through the Beginner Petsmart classes and then I don't know I have been looking into different sports..agility and weight pulls are at the top of my list. I have always had large dogs my last boy was about 80 pounds. And I have been in love with pits since I met one in "real life" about 10 years ago. I did lots of research on the breed before deciding to get on from the pound.

I found Pit Bull Talk from a referral on a yahoo group that I just joined.

-ANG
Ok, let me into the forum now!
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby DivaDog » October 5th, 2009, 12:14 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Also, check out this link about dog parks: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12930

Thanks for the link. I do understand the problems with dog parks but I also stay right with my girl all the time. I watch other dogs and let her play with dogs around her age and energy level. As she gets older I will have her be at the dog park less and less. She still enjoys everything about the dog park and if I ever see even a slight change in her liking the dog park and the interactions that happen there then she won't go there anymore. As I mentioned in my "real" intro I broke both my arms awhile ago so I am finally able to go hiking and actually walk my dog again so she will be goting to the dog park less because I will be able to do more and as she gets older I will be able to get her involved with sports. Currently I can't do any agility training or weight training because of her age and development but I will be doing that also.

-ANG
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2009, 7:08 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » October 5th, 2009, 10:59 am

:wave2: welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby DivaDog » October 6th, 2009, 12:55 am

Thanks for all the welcomes and excepting me to search topics...question. I have been having problems finding quality toys that last more then a hour and I looked up toys as a search didn't see much on this subject. Where would I post a question about preferred toys? Since I am new I don't want to put it in the wrong are. thanks for the help.
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 6th, 2009, 7:03 am

Start with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20533

If that doesn't answer your question, go ahead and post in the "Living with your pit bull" section. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 6th, 2009, 11:36 am

Welcome!!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby mnp13 » October 6th, 2009, 9:03 pm

DivaDog wrote:Currently I can't do any agility training or weight training because of her age and development but I will be doing that also

Agility can start at any age! :)

welcome to the forum!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DivaDog » October 6th, 2009, 11:55 pm

[/quote]
Agility can start at any age! :)
[/quote]

The trainers I have found in my area don't let you start training agility until the dog is at least a year old, especially with the larger breed dogs because of the strain on the body.
DivaDog
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » October 7th, 2009, 8:57 am

I would open a new thread for the agility talk but I say horsesh!t

Exposing the dogs to the obstacles at a young age is a wonderful way to get them started. There are SOOO many things you can work with your dog on in agility safely at a young age (body awareness, targeting, weaving, down stays, sit stays, contacts, etc...)

Not to mention handlers have an enormous amount to learn as well.
maberi

Next

Return to Introductions