Sinonasal Carcinoma

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Marinepits » October 2nd, 2009, 5:13 pm

Keeping good thoughts for you all and looking forward to great updates! :clap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby plebayo » October 2nd, 2009, 10:44 pm

Well Sofie had her first round of chemo, Doxorubricin!

Let's see, she had a geriatric fit when we placed the catheter IE: Don't hold me down! Don't hold off my leg! Let me up!

Partway through treatment she chewed the line but I think at that point she really had to pee. We replaced the line and she was fine for the rest of the day. We'll see how she reacts to the chemo, she's hungry and wanting to eat right now so I think that's promising. Obviously she feels good enough to pitch an old lady fit :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 3rd, 2009, 10:38 am

Well, FIESTY is good!!!! Give her a big kiss on her nose for me. :heartbeat:

And this is for you-------------> :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » October 3rd, 2009, 12:38 pm

Yay for Old Lady Fits! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » October 3rd, 2009, 2:19 pm

Marinepits wrote:Yay for Old Lady Fits! :D
X2 :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » October 3rd, 2009, 8:31 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:
Marinepits wrote:Yay for Old Lady Fits! :D
X2 :)

x3! :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby plebayo » October 5th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Sofie had a pretty bad bloody nose last night. She seems kind of off today, I gave her some ace to help stop the sneezing so I'm not sure if it's the after effects of the ace or if she's feeling poopy. :neutral:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » October 5th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Awwww. :(
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » October 6th, 2009, 2:39 am

how accessible is the spot where it bleeds from? Maybe you could get some Epi to calm the bleeding or they could cauterize the site? I dunno just throwin' that out there...

good thoughts...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » October 6th, 2009, 6:02 am

Hope the nose bleeding is under control today.... :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 6th, 2009, 7:04 am

Just wanted to send some good thoughts Miss Sofie's way. :goodthoughts:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » October 6th, 2009, 7:23 am

How is Sofie today?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby AllAmericanPUP » October 6th, 2009, 11:40 am

:cry: :goodthoughts:
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby hugapitbull » October 6th, 2009, 1:02 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Just wanted to send some good thoughts Miss Sofie's way. :goodthoughts:

X2
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » October 6th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Sofie seems to be better today. I'm going to assume it was the ace making her poopy yesterday. I am concerned however about the nose bleeds, if she is going to have more and also concerned about some light coughing she's been doing due to the nose thing. I just don't want her to be feeling crappy.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 7th, 2009, 5:59 am

Suzanne, when you think she has had enough, you will know she has had enough and you will make other choices. It's a continuum.

Until you get to that point, keep positive and know we are all thinking of her and you. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » October 29th, 2009, 3:40 pm

Okay slight road block....

The carboplatin is roughly $100 a bottle. She can have a maximum of 5 treatments on the stuff and she will need a whole bottle. I know $100 does not sound like a lot, but I am barely making ends meet as it is and am trying to get into college :/

Cisplatin is compareable chemo, and cheaper, but the oncologist said it would make her very ill and put her into renal failure.

I'm going to try to talk to my parents and try to save $100 between now and the middle of november when we do treatment but this is kind of bummer news. I'm also going to call and see what a CT or MRI might cost [when i say I am an employee of a clinic] because ultimatley knowing where the tumor is and how big it is would be helpful in choosing treatment. I highly doubt i could afford a CT but i have to ask about it anyway.

We could just try another round of doxorubricin, but i really want to attack this to the best of our ability.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » October 29th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Okay panic attack over!

We looked up the cost of the carboplatin, i will order it tomorrow if we are correct it will only cost me $33!! I guess also Sofie is to get chemo every 3 weeks, vs. six weeks.

It'll get here next week hopefully and we will do her treatment when it arrives. I still haven't called to see what the cost of a CT is... I'm afraid to know only because i'm sure they'll tell me it's way beyond my means. The worste thing about this cancer with sofie is that we won't know how big the tumor is, or where it is exactly. I'm really hoping it doesn't spread to her brain.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » October 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

(((big hugs)))
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » October 29th, 2009, 8:50 pm

:groupHug:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer