Sully's worst week ever!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cecollins » October 1st, 2009, 7:38 pm

It started on Sunday, Sully somehow split one of his dew claws and it has been bothering him all week. So, we have been taking it easy, keeping it clean and hoping it heals soon. So when things like this happen, Sully just curls up on the couch and refuses to get up, even to go outside. I swear he can hold it for 24 hours.
Well, last night he finally decided it was time to go out and take care of business. After that was said and done, he was feeling frisky and most certainly lighter and started doing zoomies all over the back yard.
I of course was laughing and feeling better that he was feeling better until it happened!!! He ran up the back steps and right through the screen door!! This of course completely shocked him and once again he completely shut down.
He hates to be hurt or scared and this incident, I think did both of those things.
He is a very confident dog in many ways, not scared of the typical things like Thunder and Lightning, Chainsaws running or gunshots. But if he hurts himself and he doesn’t understand what happened, he turns into a quivering bowl of jello.

He proceeded after running thru the screen to jump on the couch, curl into a little ball and shake for a few hours. I try not to coddle him when he acts this way, but I'll admit, it is very hard not to. He eventually fell asleep, to which Momma, kissed him on his forehead and said "Sleep tight, my little Silly Sully, Momma loves you".

This morning he seemed fine, but very hesitant to go out the back door.

And what is it with Men? (or maybe just my man) When I told him what happened, he said "What a Dumbass, that'll teach him, bet he won’t do that again!" My poor Sully, it's a good thing he's a momma's boy!! Gotta love him!!
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 1st, 2009, 8:03 pm

Poor kid! I'm sure he'll recover from his traumatizing week!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby kera09 » October 1st, 2009, 8:19 pm

awww poor boy :) if eric and i even raise our voice around ava she pants and shakes for hrs, i coddle her lol
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » October 1st, 2009, 11:23 pm

So I hear it's been hell week for everyone, tell Sully I said tomorrow is Friday and it can only get better. (hope all is better soon)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » October 2nd, 2009, 6:37 am

Poor guy! Did you giggle a little after the screen incident? :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TinaMartin » October 2nd, 2009, 11:25 am

Poor guy
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Pit Bull Talk