Tibetan Mastiff sells for $582,000

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 10th, 2009, 10:25 am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 828862.ece

A black Tibetan Mastiff, 80cm (31in) high and answering to the name of Yangtze River Number Two, is believed to have broken the world record as the most expensive dog after a Chinese woman paid 4 million yuan (£352,000) for the “priceless” canine.

In keeping with its record-shattering status, according to local reports the 18-month-old dog arrived at its new owner’s home in stupendously excessive style. A motorcade of 30 luxury cars cruised to the airport in Xi’an to take delivery of Yangtze. Enchanted onlookers gathered to fête the arrival of the city’s new resident.

If the figure of 4 million yuan is accurate, it makes Yangtze River Number Two possibly the most expensive pet dog in history. Earlier this year, a family in Florida paid $155,000 (£93,000) for a Labrador called Lancelot Encore. That price included the cost of cloning the original Lancelot.

The young millionaire, according to one report on a Chinese website, fell in love with the dog while on a breeding trip to Qinghai province. The woman, referred to only as Mrs Wang, had been travelling to the town of Yushu with a Tibetan Mastiff that she already owned with a view to mating it with the famously pure-blooded hounds of that region.

While there though she spotted a dog known as White Root and knew immediately that she had to make it hers. Another version of the story suggests that the woman had spent some years in the quest for the perfect Tibetan Mastiff and was satisfied that the dog she found in Yushu was it.

“Gold has a price, but this Tibetan Mastiff doesn’t,” the young woman reportedly said on her return home.

It remains unclear why she renamed the dog Yangtze River Number Two, though the process appears to have taken place while Mrs Wang and her dogs were returning from the breeders.

Before she left the northwestern province of Qinghai, Mrs Wang is understood to have alerted her wealthy friends to both the sum she had just paid for the dog and the timing of her arrival. Her friends, in an opulent show of solidarity, not only dispatched their cars to the airport but arranged for local Xi’an dog lovers to brandish welcome banners in honour of the new dog.

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » September 10th, 2009, 1:58 pm

That is rediculous.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » September 10th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Do they all look like that?? :lookaround: Yikes, maybe it's "normal" but that dog just doesn't look healthy to me........

Edit - After a brief google, obviously no they do not.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TinaMartin » September 11th, 2009, 8:40 am

I would love to own one of these dogs but do not have the proper space for one. Some day....
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Jackuul » September 30th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Give me a good ol pittie 'bout 45-55lbs and I am happy.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » October 1st, 2009, 6:44 am

Jackuul wrote:Give me a good ol pittie 'bout 45-55lbs and I am happy.

Or a spider that "flicks" hairs at ya. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jackuul » October 1st, 2009, 12:45 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
Jackuul wrote:Give me a good ol pittie 'bout 45-55lbs and I am happy.

Or a spider that "flicks" hairs at ya. 8)

They can if they want to, but they never have.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » October 2nd, 2009, 6:45 am

Jackuul wrote:They can if they want to, but they never have.

Dear Jackuul,

See my title? Pretend it says "Sarcastic Bitch" when you read my posts.

Love,
Joyce

:neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to All the news that's fit to print