1,000 animals seized in Houston. This is sad

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Emi » September 30th, 2009, 6:26 pm

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 45371.html

Houston man to forfeit animals seized by SPCA
By PEGGY O'HARE Copyright 2009 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Sept. 30, 2009, 4:24PM
Share Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponResources
Brightcove tagsThe owner of more than 1,000 animals seized by the SPCA agreed today to forfeit all but two of them to the agency.

Joselito Rivera Boado, 34, also will vacate his northwest Houston house at 6519 Breen in 30 days and forfeit his house to the county to satisfy $213,458 in medical and boarding costs for the animals that were seized, according to an agreement announced in court today.

The property is appraised at about $235,000. He still owes about $85,000, so its net worth is $150,000. He has waived his right to appeal this civil action.

The agreement, however, does not preclude or prevent any criminal charges from being filed in this case. No charges have yet been filed.

SPCA employees seized 1,009 animals from his property on Sept. 23. About 100 to 200 of the animals have died, said assistant county attorney Linda Geffin. Numerous animal skeletons also were found on the property, she said.

Two dogs seized will be returned to Boado's ex-wife, once the animals are spayed and neutered and get a clean bill of health, officials said.

Boado has lived at the property for about eight years.

Justice of the Peace David Patronella presided over today's agreement in Justice of the Peace Dale Gorczynski's court.

peggy.ohare@chron.com
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 30th, 2009, 6:31 pm

1,000?!?!?! :shock:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » September 30th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Jesus! :nono:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 30th, 2009, 8:01 pm

:shock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » September 30th, 2009, 10:40 pm

:cry: Sad for the animals
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TinaMartin » October 1st, 2009, 11:26 am

What gets my panties in an extra big bunch is the reference made by his lawyer to it being like a grocery store and that there will be some spoilage?!!
“He certainly did not intend for those animals to be mistreated and worked hard at being able to treat them properly,” Storts said. “The credibility of his business was in being able to provide healthy animals. Unfortunately, not much different than a grocery store, you have a certain amount of spoilage, and that's a whole lot of what we're faced with here.”
Excuse me these animals are living and breathing creatures. Spoilage does NOT apply. Stick him in a box with no food or water and let HIM "spoil"!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby LMM » October 1st, 2009, 11:28 am

This is just unconscionable and Tina, I agree with you. Reading that particular part made my jaw drop. Well, again.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Pit♥bull » October 1st, 2009, 11:46 am

Emi wrote:
The agreement, however, does not preclude or prevent any criminal charges from being filed in this case. No charges have yet been filed.

I hope the charges do get filed :mad2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL