Holla..

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby RastaPitLover » September 4th, 2009, 2:37 pm

Hello,
My name is Carlitus (pronounced Car-Lee-Tus). Most call me Litus. I'm from U.S. Virgin Islands but reside in Long Isl. New York.

I've had many APBT over the years. My last was a fawn male but he died 8 yrs ago. I had him for almost 13 yrs. He was my best friend and i swore i wouldn't replace him. Well my wife's friend's lady had pup's (She's an avid APBT lover herself...amongst Boxer's, a few ferret's, a Rabbit....) and she said i can pick one. Right now they're 3 weeks old and he'll (We named him "Dub") be home in a few weeks. I've been going over there every week to visit him. I'll post new pic's as soon as i get 'em but here are a few i've gotten....

Here's mommy pregnant

Here's the pup's at a week old (My boy is on nipple #2 on the left)

Another (Dub is inside 4 o'clock)

Dub's fat brother :)

I will post pic's of the proud poppa and i have a few of my old friend (Buck) that i will post as soon as i can.
Pack leader to a 2 yr old APBT that thinks he's human. No only if i can train him to use the toilet.
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » September 4th, 2009, 3:05 pm

Mom and babies are GORGEOUS! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 4th, 2009, 3:13 pm

Welcome! Can't wait to see more pics of Dub! :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » September 4th, 2009, 5:25 pm

Welcome! Sorry for your loss of your dog.

Your new pup is DELIGHTFULLY ADORABLE!!! Keep the photos coming!

I am on Long Island, also. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » September 4th, 2009, 7:35 pm

[quote="iluvk9"
I am on Long Island, also. :)[/quote]Joyce, I thought you were from Rhode Island :P
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby RastaPitLover » September 4th, 2009, 11:06 pm

Thank you....

Sadly i just got back from picking up my puppy. The Sandy (mother) got really sick and her Vet was away for the holiday weekend but the Vet that was in did a great job at getting Sandy back up to normal but recommend to hand feed the pup's for 2 weeks. Well as you can see, there are 10 so i volunteered to take 3 (including Dub) and hand bottle them for a week. They're almost ready to be weaned off momma's milk anyway. This will also help me to break him away from the mother.

BOY...it's like having babies all over again. I have 4 boy's (18, 15, 10 & 7) and me & the wife agreed that our shot at girl is no good and we're not gonna have no more kids. I commend my 2 oldest for wanting to help. They too miss Buck. The 2 lil' ones are to young to remember him. I bottle fed him at a week.

I will post pic's very soon
Pack leader to a 2 yr old APBT that thinks he's human. No only if i can train him to use the toilet.
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » September 5th, 2009, 8:31 am

Welcome...the pups are all beautiful...and I love mom's expression. So sweet! Sorry mom got sick...but what a good thing it is that you could step in and help out.

:D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby RastaPitLover » September 5th, 2009, 2:39 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:...and I love mom's expression.

Me too!! It's ah "Please get these bastid's outta me " :D

I was up most of the night. When i took them, she hadn't really fed them so i whipped up some formula with a tad bit of ground meat and they ate it up in a flash. They were mostly howling for Sandy so i slept right next to pen (First time not sleeping in the bed in YEARS) Fed them @ 8m.. they took a nap...woke up and started playing....fell asleep & now i'm gonna wake them up to eat.

They are 2 days short of 4 weeks but they're pooping on their own and lapping out a saucer (messy eaters). I notice they have fleas (from the Boxer :( ) so i'm gonna give them a bath (as i can't use any flea drops till they're 8 weeks). They're so cute~!! :loveU:
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby jnreem » September 5th, 2009, 3:01 pm

oh my goodness they are adorable! WOW thats great that you can help out, can't wait to see more picturess!! :)
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » September 5th, 2009, 8:35 pm

RastaPitLover wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:...and I love mom's expression.

Me too!! It's ah "Please get these bastid's outta me " :D

I was up most of the night. When i took them, she hadn't really fed them so i whipped up some formula with a tad bit of ground meat and they ate it up in a flash. They were mostly howling for Sandy so i slept right next to pen (First time not sleeping in the bed in YEARS) Fed them @ 8m.. they took a nap...woke up and started playing....fell asleep & now i'm gonna wake them up to eat.

They are 2 days short of 4 weeks but they're pooping on their own and lapping out a saucer (messy eaters). I notice they have fleas (from the Boxer :( ) so i'm gonna give them a bath (as i can't use any flea drops till they're 8 weeks). They're so cute~!! :loveU:

How ADORABLE! It's awesome that you were able to help out! I just got done handraising a litter of 9 puppies (mom was very sick from the start) - actually, I handraised 5, and a friend had the other 4...

You're doing a good thing! :dance: Without Kendell I think I would've committed suicide...that many puppies is a lot of work!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » September 6th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby RastaPitLover » September 7th, 2009, 10:19 pm

I need my camera :( He's so happy now and he's been great. I got him a bed warmer & stuff toy so he has something to lay next to and it worked so well, when he's tired, he goes in his crate all by himself and doesn't cry at all.

So funny, this morning i kinda over slept and he made sure i got up cause he was howling. Soon as i opened the door he bolted out and nosed me to death. I guess that's his way of letting me know not to over sleep when it's time for him to eat! :D
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby karladaune » September 14th, 2009, 5:36 pm

Hi Litus....love the puppies! so cute...!

I have to ask...what's the story behind your boys' name? I have a friend with a pit/lab mix named Dubs...so just curious if your story is similar :-)
karladaune
Just Whelped

Postby RastaPitLover » September 21st, 2009, 8:08 pm

Thank you! :)

Well i'm a Volkswagen addict and it was a must my boy had a VW name.
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby karladaune » September 22nd, 2009, 1:29 am

RastaPitLover wrote:Thank you! :)

Well i'm a Volkswagen addict and it was a must my boy had a VW name.

hence the reason my friends named their girl Dubs!! very cool...I have a '69 Bug and a '75 riviera camper, and really miss my '03 Jetta :-)
karladaune
Just Whelped

Postby RastaPitLover » September 22nd, 2009, 6:12 pm

very cool. I've been building VW's for almost 20 yrs. and had just about every model. I currently own a 89 2 dr Jetta VR6, 05 Toureg (family mobile) & a 95 Passat. :)

BTW, just in case no one saw these in the other thread.....

crappy pic...i know. I took those about a week ago. He'll be 6 weeks in 2 days and weighs 7.5 lbs. We love him greatly!!
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » September 22nd, 2009, 6:23 pm

:heartbeat: :heartbeat:

He reminds me of Gotty as a baby.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » September 22nd, 2009, 11:10 pm

Awww, really cute
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby RastaPitLover » September 28th, 2009, 3:18 pm

My boy at 6 weeks 3 days
RastaPitLover
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 28th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Total cutie! Why don't you post his pics in the Gallery section - this section is for Intros only so not a whole lot of people check it. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Next

Return to Introductions