Rescue Ink Unleashed Starts 9/25, 10pm on NatGeo Channel

Postby Marinepits » September 21st, 2009, 8:42 pm

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... l/Overview

Tons of links and photos on website!

Season Premiere Friday September 25, 2009, 10pm, on the National Geographic Channel.

About Rescue Ink Unleashed

“If you don’t like us from the way we look, we can’t help that. But if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem, so stay out of the way.”
— Joe Panz, Leader, Rescue Ink

In New York’s war on animal abuse, some of the worst offenders are pursued by a group of tattooed motorcycle-riding tough guys on a mission to save animals in danger. They call themselves Rescue Ink, and these are their stories.

In a metropolitan area with more than 20 million residents, thousands of animals — dogs, cats, and even chickens and piranhas — are neglected, abused, hoarded or housed illegally. A few years ago, eight tough guys from the mean streets, who frequented hot rod shows and tattoo parlors, discovered their strongest bond was actually a passion for animals — and they formed a rescue organization like no other. Some have violent and turbulent pasts, complete with run-ins with the law, but all are seeking redemption and solace in their mission to save animals from human abuse.

This new weekly series that documents this unlikely group of animal activists on their crusade to save helpless, abandoned and abused animals. The eclectic band of brothers — composed of club bouncers, security guards and even a retired New York Police Department (NYPD) detective — is on call 24/7 to take on cases no one else will. They’re not cops, animal experts or even animal control. They’re just big guys with even bigger hearts and a desire to save animals from deplorable living conditions and abusive or simply misguided owners.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SLS61185 » September 21st, 2009, 11:54 pm

I seen the previews for it the other night. Looks interesting. I've got it set to record, already! :D
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ArtGypsy » September 22nd, 2009, 8:26 am

Man................makes me wanna get Dish.............
all we have are two channels.......ha ha.

:D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Marinepits » September 25th, 2009, 10:22 am

:bump: This series begins tonight!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » September 25th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Who watched??? :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » September 26th, 2009, 8:27 am

I sorta did. Folding laundry and getting the crew ready for bed while I was watching, LOL.

The chicken-chasing was funny and that little old lady was something else! :lol3:

Serious question, though: How does Rescue Ink get around the law to just go to these people's houses and confront them? If they don't have a legal basis for what they do, then they're just rescuing animals from bad situations using pure intimidation. :| :confused:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » September 26th, 2009, 9:19 am

That's what the whole premise of Rescue Ink is lol They use the way they look and the intimidation factor to help animals. They know they can't skirt around the law and apparently the cat shooting crapface did too.

The little old lady during the chicken part was funny. She didn't hold back did she? :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » September 26th, 2009, 10:10 am

LMM wrote:That's what the whole premise of Rescue Ink is lol They use the way they look and the intimidation factor to help animals.

You're missing the point, smart ass! :lol3:

Obviously, they're somehow working within the law if the NYCACC called them out for the chicken rescue and they used the ASPCA van for the apartment pit bulls, but then they're working outside the law if the cops kicked them off the cat guy's property. So, they're treading a real gray law area and I'm interested in how exactly that works.

If they are using just intimidation to take someone's animals, what makes them any different from the lady a couple of years ago who went onto someone else's property and took the old neglected dog? I believe she was prosecuted for theft but I'll have to google a bit to find her case.

If they are being vigilantes and getting away with it, it sets a dangerous precedent. What if your neighbour decides she doesn't like how you treat your dogs and she steals them away from you in order to provide them with what she perceives as a better life? After all, if Rescue Ink can do it, why can't she?
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » September 27th, 2009, 10:17 am

Yea. I didn't think about it that hard.

It seems me if they have the consent of the people, they can keep doing what they are doing. When consent stops, they stop. And yes, that lady was prosecuted. And I would imagine this all differs by state on what is allowed. Interesting questions though.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Dog_Shrink » September 28th, 2009, 1:52 am

I saw on another forum that supposedly Little Ant (or big and which ever it is I tevo'd it and haven't watched yet) adopted a pit pup from a rescue in rochester ny.
Dog_Shrink
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » September 28th, 2009, 7:57 am

The rescue isn't located in Rochester, NY.

Yea it's Big Ant :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » September 29th, 2009, 9:16 am

LMM wrote:It seems me if they have the consent of the people, they can keep doing what they are doing.

And that REALLY bothers me. The vast majority of people don't know the laws well enough to have "informed consent", so it appears that Rescue Ink is taking advantage of that fact.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue