Paraplegic pit bull, video

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 14th, 2009, 8:05 am

What an amazing owner this guy is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAn7QbThWAg
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » September 14th, 2009, 8:49 am

I wish someone would send him a buckle collar as a present... :|

What a sweet guy...very dedicated.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » September 14th, 2009, 12:25 pm

Now that is a dog with good quality of life.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » September 14th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Man when I die if I come back as a dog I want to live with him!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Hoyden » September 14th, 2009, 1:48 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I wish someone would send him a buckle collar as a present... :|

Get out of my head Lady! How would I contact that guy?

I've been busy sewing all morning, but my brain has been going a mile a minute. I don't like how Loois back looks with that harness on. I've been mentally taking it apart and reconstructing it so that it supports his back and his hind end more comfortably while accomplishing the same goal.

Somewhere I saw a link to plans developed by college students and offered for free for how to build a cart for handicap dogs. I didn't save the page, but a quick net search didn't turn it up. I'll try to look later on tonight.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby kera09 » September 14th, 2009, 2:39 pm

wow what an amazing guy! the dog looks happy despite his paralyis.
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » September 14th, 2009, 3:05 pm

I've been busy sewing all morning, but my brain has been going a mile a minute. I don't like how Loois back looks with that harness on. I've been mentally taking it apart and reconstructing it so that it supports his back and his hind end more comfortably while accomplishing the same goal.

I found this article:
http://www.pawnation.com/2009/09/09/par ... st-friend/

It looks like he has a cart as well so I'm not sure he potentially uses the harness all the time to walk him, maybe he uses the harness for their morning jogs and the cart for walks?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » September 14th, 2009, 3:13 pm

Hoyden wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:I wish someone would send him a buckle collar as a present... :|

Get out of my head Lady! How would I contact that guy?

Somewhere I saw a link to plans developed by college students and offered for free for how to build a cart for handicap dogs. I didn't save the page, but a quick net search didn't turn it up. I'll try to look later on tonight.

:wave2:

I thought the plans for the cart were posted here on PBT at some point...I do remember that. Let me look around too...I'll let you know if I find anything. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Pit Bull Talk