URGENT - Las Vegas - GORGEOUS SWEET CHARLIE (pit)

Postby Charlene in LV » April 18th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Please crosspost. This is very urgent.

This boy is ready to go - he's vaccinated, neutered, crate trained, is ok with small dogs, has house manners - and besides that, look at this handsome face! This dog needs a place to go NOW. We can help with transport if someone can take Charlie, even if it's just short-term. We will have room for him in a few weeks (about one month), but he needs help right now as the people who have him have received a warning notice from the homeowners association. Pits are banned out here at many subdivisions and most apartment buildings. These are good people who found Charlie wandering, took him home and have cared for him since then while trying to find him a home. Pictures attached. If you have a spot for Charlie, either permanently or short-term, please contact me off list at bulliebuddies@earthlink.net Thanks!

"Our CC&Rs state that we can not have a dog over 40 lbs. and it is cause for eviction. We recieved a Warning Notice last night stating that we are violating the CC&R's. We are trying desperately to find him a home.

My husband found Charlie a little over a month ago and we have fostered him up until this point. He is a wonderful dog!! He is really good with both of our other 2 little dogs. They love to play together. He doesn't seem to like big dogs much though! We took him down and got him neutered and updated on shots. He is in a kennel most of the day and does really well! I have been working on walking him on a leash and he is getting to be very good at it. He is a big love bug and loves to sit and watch TV on the couch with you! We were planning on trying to keep him but now we will not be able to. We really do not want to have to take him to the pound because we know that he will be put down. He is to good of a dog to be put down!!!

Thank you for your Help!!

Kellie Towery

Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » April 18th, 2006, 11:07 pm

I notified Kaye Smith of Small Time Dog Rescue. If it was temporary she may be able to hold on to him for a short period of time.
Keeping fingers X'ed :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby kayesmith » April 18th, 2006, 11:25 pm

This dog is not going to die. Let me see what we can do.
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » April 19th, 2006, 12:14 am

Thank you, both! I know one way or another we can make room for him in about a month, and we'll have him posted for adoption in the meantime.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Murfins » April 19th, 2006, 10:39 am

Look at that smooshy face! :)
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » April 19th, 2006, 12:04 pm

he has a look of gratefullness (I know thats not a word) in his eyes, I am sure he will miss those lovely people.

Its great that you guys are going to save him though too :D

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Charlene in LV » April 28th, 2006, 8:55 pm

We flew Charlie to Kate today :D

He's such a sweetheart!! Today's the first time I met him - it took me about 1.3 seconds to fall in love with him :loveU:
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby kayesmith » April 28th, 2006, 10:39 pm

He is very sweet. A little too thin, and something has happened to him after these pictures were taken. His face is scared up. Maybe someone can find out what happened to him. He has lost weight since that picture too. We will evaluate him and then decide what to do. I am not sure about other dogs just yet.
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby satanscheerleader » April 29th, 2006, 1:15 am

I love him. :shock:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » April 29th, 2006, 7:49 am

He is sooo cute!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Charlene in LV » April 29th, 2006, 10:15 am

He's been through a hard time. He's only been with the one family for about a month and then moved to her parents for about a week. I have a feeling he was the typical North Las Vegas backyard pit and wandered away. They don't bother looking for their pits, they just go to the shelter and get another one for $13.

I just noticed this - if you look really closely at the pictures above, you can see some lighter marks on his head. I'm only seeing them now because I'm looking for them.

I think he just needs a bath, some good food and alot of loving.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » April 29th, 2006, 10:38 am

Aww the poor guy - he's so pretty. Thanks, Charlene and Kaye, for helping him out!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby kayesmith » April 29th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Ok, so now we know he can climb. We spend some time re-enforcing our kennels today. He climb right out the top. He stayed close to the farm, and came right to us. At least we know one more thing about him today. He is very sweet. Still very stiff when meeting new dogs. Not real sure about that just yet.
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby luvmyangels » April 29th, 2006, 10:12 pm

What a poor baby!! I hope things go well with him.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby kayesmith » May 3rd, 2006, 10:11 pm

UPDATE: Charley is now Harley. He is super sweet; however still very stiff with other dogs. That's ok, we will place him as the only pet. So far he gets out in our large horse arena every day. He has supervised play time with me or Barry or both of us. He has taken to Barry and loves being with men. He thinks he is a lap dog; he is very mellow; not a Pit Bull that does many zoomies. We will get some weight on him. I really feel that he was a fighting Pit Bull; he has numerous scars all over. If he was a fighting Pit Bull, he was the winner for he is still with us. We are still evaluating him; but we do feel real good about him. :D
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » May 3rd, 2006, 11:39 pm

I'm glad to hear he is doing well.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » May 4th, 2006, 7:27 am

Thanks for the update and I'm glad Harley is doing so well with you.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Charlene in LV » May 5th, 2006, 9:35 am

kayesmith wrote:UPDATE: Charley is now Harley. He is super sweet; however still very stiff with other dogs. That's ok, we will place him as the only pet. So far he gets out in our large horse arena every day. He has supervised play time with me or Barry or both of us. He has taken to Barry and loves being with men. He thinks he is a lap dog; he is very mellow; not a Pit Bull that does many zoomies. We will get some weight on him. I really feel that he was a fighting Pit Bull; he has numerous scars all over. If he was a fighting Pit Bull, he was the winner for he is still with us. We are still evaluating him; but we do feel real good about him. :D

That's great :)
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby kayesmith » May 18th, 2006, 10:28 am

Image Just so everyone can see that Charlie is now Scar Lee. Sorry, Harley just didn't stick. It appears as if Scar Lee loves the water we have a wading pool that is now filled for all the rescue dogs. Scar Lee will gladly flop down in it and bury his head. It is very cute. Scar Lee has attached himself to Barry and he loves him so much. Barry loves to wrestle with the boy dogs and they love the tough stuff. Of course Scar Lee like any other Pit Bull loves kisses and hugs too. YOu can see in the picture he is doing his toy poodle routine on ME! We love him and we believe that he has seen some bad stuff. He still doesn't like to be face to face with anyone, I don't fear him at all, he just perfers to turn away. He seems to be waiting for a beating every now and then as well, and that breaks our hearts, believe me that would never happen in our care. He gets plenty of love. We purchased a very special covered kennel for him. It is a God sent when the man called and told us he had a strong covered kennel for sale. I wish all of our kennels were made like this. It was made for Parrots and it will contain the toughest Pit Bull as well. So, Scar Lee has his very own pad filled with a comforter and cedar chips and of course toys. IF anyone wishes to send Scar Lee toys or bones he would of course love them. We are still not able to put him in any of our outside pens because he can escape. He does of course get out in the arena daily for play time. All in all he is an awesome boy and we love him very much.
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » May 18th, 2006, 10:31 am

What a handsome lunkhead! :love:

I'd love to donate some toys -- please PM an address!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Next

Return to Rescue