Empire State Show Sept 19/20- Please Support!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 10th, 2009, 10:29 am

Just a reminder that the UKC Empire State Dog Club show in Peterboro NY is fast approcaching. The closing date is Sept 15th. They do have day of show entries as well! There were a couple of judges changes which I'll copy below.

For those of you who missed the discussion they had their first conformation show as a new club planned to be held at the KOA in Herkiemer NY. I had called to find out about the pet policy at the campground and was informed they had breed bans for Rotties, Dobes, Pit's, and any mix of those breeds. I let the club know about the policy and they responded very quickly by calling the UKC, asking if they could change their site, and moved to Peterboro NY instead.

They took a loss to support the exhibitors of these breeds and to help fight against BSL so I would love to see as many people as possible support them in one way or another.

If you can enter, please do. Showing support by physically being there with one of the representatives of these breeds would be awesome. Make sure you let them know WHY you entered. (By the way I can't wait to see Michelle and Riggs trotting around the conformation ring one of those days... :D I'll have to take pictures! )

If you cant enter, or aren't local, there are other ways you can support them. They do a 50/50 raffle. If you were interested in buying tickets for it you can send me a note with a few dollars. I'll buy all the tickets at once and present them with the notes of support thanking them for supporting the fight against BSL. If interested just PM me for my address.

Thanks again! I'm hoping we can help alievate some of the cost they had to encounter by doing the right thing and moving their show site..

As a side note.. I'm getting married next sept in Little Falls NY, which is right by Herkimer. I will be including in all my invitations the request that my guest not stay at the Herkimer KOA with a note as to why... and you bet the KOA will be getting a copy of the invite and note, complete with a guest list number (probably around 200), as well.
Last edited by StalkerBlueDog on September 10th, 2009, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 10th, 2009, 10:32 am

NEW YORK
EMPIRE STATE DOG CLUB
PETERBORO (O) CONF JS
TEMPORARY LISTINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS EVENT
Sep 19; S1 Pamela Simmons JS GUARD COMP; Diane Raymond SCENT NORTH TERR; Darryl Hurst (replacing Tracy Daugherty) SIGHT GUN HERD (except BSD) Entries 7-8 am Show 8:30 am
Sep 19; S2 Darryl Hurst (replacing Tracy Daugherty) JS GUARD COMP; Pamela Simmons SCENT NORTH TERR; Diane Raymond SIGHT GUN HERD (except BSD) Entries 7-8 am Show ½ hour after S1
Sep 20; S1 Kimberly Himes JS GUARD COMP; Ronald Sacca SCENT NORTH TERR; Carleen Farrington SIGHT GUN HERD (except BSD) Entries 7-8 am Show 8:30 am
Sep 20; S2 Carleen Farrington JS GUARD COMP; Kimberly Himes SCENT NORTH (except AE) TERR; Ronald Sacca SIGHT GUN HERD (except BSD) Entries 7-8 am Show ½ hour after S1
DOS $25; JS $10; PE $20 received by September 15, 2009
EVENT SITE CHANGE (Approximately 50 minutes from KOA Campgrounds at: 4626 State Route 28 13350)
Smithfield Volunteer Fire Department, Fireman's Field, 4581 Peterboro Road, 13134-0115 From New York State Thruway, Exit 34. At light at exit, turn left onto NY Rte 13 (Peterboro Street). Proceed through town (approx 1.2 miles). At intersection of Routes 13 & 5 go straight at light on to Oxbow Road. Stay on Oxbow Road for approx 8.2 miles and continue to Peterboro and turn left onto Peterboro Road. The Smithfield Fire Dept is on the left. Show site is behind the Fire House.
Chairperson: Terri Frenia (607) 749-4759 rhill@twcny.rr.com
Event Secretary: Joanne Hurst, PO Box 405, Wampsville NY 13163 (315) 495-2328 hurst899@windstream.net
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
StalkerBlueDog

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 11th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Another thought was If any of you people that are handy with making stuff wanted to donate an item to their regular raffle let me know. Some of you have really awesome hand crafted stuff that I'm sure would spark some interest in their raffle and help them to make up the money they lost as well. :D
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 16th, 2009, 1:14 pm

:D sfbullygirl has kindly contacted me to let me know she will be donating a gift certificate for the Empire State show raffle for a collar from Collar Mania! Thank you so much! (If anyone one else is interested in helping out in any way let me know. This has been the only response I've gotten in regards to helping this club out.)

I bought a couple of dog plaques (a dachsund one and a bull dog one) that I'll be donating to their raffle and I'll be bringing two entires (my baby girl Leia is going to be entered all fours shows for her first real set of shows... they grow up so fast! :sad2: and her mom is going to be entered on Sat both shows in the CH class) and I convinced a bunch of sheltie people to enter so they'll some support in the form of entries at least from the sheltie world (aka fluffy evil blue dog world)

They already know that I'm supporting them because of their support and actions moving their show site...but it would be nice to have some sort of support for the club from people that own the breeds they were supporting by moving their show as well. I know that Daryll is a member of the forum now so he will be able to read any posts that are/were made in regards to the clubs actions so feel free to comment. ( I said support alot in that sentence..lol).
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Postby mnp13 » September 16th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm sure everyone interested in getting involved will contact you!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby StalkerBlueDog » September 16th, 2009, 5:26 pm

No problem! Thanks for letting me post!
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
StalkerBlueDog

Return to Pit Bull Talk