Please, good thoughts and prayers...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby madremissy » August 24th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Oh Katrina, I am glad to hear that things are looking better. Now wrap her in bubble wrap and finish planning your wedding. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby HappyChick » August 24th, 2009, 7:09 pm

Yay!!!!! I'm so happy for you that you finally got some GOOD news! Go Dru! :helloClap: :highfive: :helloClap:
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 24th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Katrina I'm so glad to hear that first possibility! You definitely have to keep us updated!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TinaMartin » August 25th, 2009, 1:25 pm

I second the bubble wrap! :shock:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby CinderDee » August 25th, 2009, 1:36 pm

Great news! :clap:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » August 25th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Yea for GOOD UPDATES. . . Go Dru :) :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » August 25th, 2009, 1:44 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Katrina I'm so glad to hear that first possibility! You definitely have to keep us updated!

I definitely will, Liz! The next two weeks will tell us what's going on...

And, yes, I'm highly considering the bubble wrap lol
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Leslie H » August 27th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Voting for option 1.

I'm sorry your puppy people are backing out. I'm rather surprised as well. I get the fear of bacteria, but the temperament. I'd think it might beseen as an asset in a working dog.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby katiek0417 » August 28th, 2009, 4:45 am

Leslie H wrote:Voting for option 1.

I'm sorry your puppy people are backing out. I'm rather surprised as well. I get the fear of bacteria, but the temperament. I'd think it might beseen as an asset in a working dog.

Sometimes people fear that dominance = handler aggression (handler aggression doesn't run in these lines, handler sensitivity does btw)

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby furever_pit » September 8th, 2009, 8:08 am

Rooting for scenario #1 over here.

That sux about people backing out on the pups. I think you ought to send one to me. :wink:
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » September 8th, 2009, 9:18 am

furever_pit wrote:Rooting for scenario #1 over here.

That sux about people backing out on the pups. I think you ought to send one to me. :wink:

I could do that! I know you'd do work with it...and these pups are off the chain! They NEED to work!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby furever_pit » September 8th, 2009, 10:45 am

katiek0417 wrote:
furever_pit wrote:Rooting for scenario #1 over here.

I could do that! I know you'd do work with it...and these pups are off the chain! They NEED to work!

I would actually love to have a puppy that is ready to start working now. My AB pup is very immature so I'm doing a lot of waiting with him right now...but that is a bulldog for ya.

I need to move before getting another dog but that is something I am working on. How old are the pups now? And do you have any females still available?
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » September 8th, 2009, 11:06 am

furever_pit wrote:
I would actually love to have a puppy that is ready to start working now. My AB pup is very immature so I'm doing a lot of waiting with him right now...but that is a bulldog for ya.

I need to move before getting another dog but that is something I am working on. How old are the pups now? And do you have any females still available?

The pups will be 9 weeks old tomorrow...we've had them backtied and biting the rag...they're phenomenal little pups! Even though I'm convinced the litter/pregnancy was cursed, they turned out nice!

Bulldogs do tend to take a while to mature...they can be very nice and solid when they do mature...but it takes so long to get there...I think that's why I like mals and DS...they come out of the womb ready to work! lol

I am out of females...one went home with a nice lady in GA...Kendell kept Kiwi...and I'm keeping Jayda....I never have many females in my litters...which is funny b/c other people who breed to the same males get a ton of females! Most people don't like females...personally, I love them!
But I do love males, too....IMO, there's less to wonder...sometimes females get screwy after their first heat, and don't want to work anymore (likewise if you get them fixed)....I don't want to wait until a puppy is 9 months to a year old to find out if it's just going to "quit" on me....that's the gamble you take with females....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby furever_pit » September 8th, 2009, 11:28 am

LOL. That is why I have gotten interested in Mals, they are freaking machines! There is one at the club where I train that I am absolutely in love with. She is a lean, mean working machine and I adore her. I mean, I love my bulldogs and will always own a few of them but I would definitely like to experience working with a Mal.

My only reasoning for asking about a female is that I have 2 males as it is. Tho I already crate and rotate my dogs so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to add a third dog to the mix. I've actually never owned a female dog so it would be a totally new experience for me.

I'm going to keep looking for a new place to live and I will let you know if I get somewhere where having a third dog is feasible. It's really important to me that I don't end up shortchanging all the dogs because I get in over my head...y'know? I will keep you posted tho. Can you send me a PM on cost and such just so I have an idea? Thanks.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » September 8th, 2009, 11:41 am

furever_pit wrote:LOL. That is why I have gotten interested in Mals, they are freaking machines! There is one at the club where I train that I am absolutely in love with. She is a lean, mean working machine and I adore her. I mean, I love my bulldogs and will always own a few of them but I would definitely like to experience working with a Mal.

My only reasoning for asking about a female is that I have 2 males as it is. Tho I already crate and rotate my dogs so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to add a third dog to the mix. I've actually never owned a female dog so it would be a totally new experience for me.

I'm going to keep looking for a new place to live and I will let you know if I get somewhere where having a third dog is feasible. It's really important to me that I don't end up shortchanging all the dogs because I get in over my head...y'know? I will keep you posted tho. Can you send me a PM on cost and such just so I have an idea? Thanks.

I totally understand...with all that's been going on, I've definitely been shortchanging some of my other dogs...even Cy hasn't really done anything in a while....

Honestly, I know you'd provide the puppy with a good home and work. And that's what I want for the pups...so it would be free of charge (well, you'd have to pay shipping costs)...but other than that, he'd be yours!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby furever_pit » September 8th, 2009, 12:01 pm

Dang, talk about lighting a fire under my butt!!
I will be in touch for sure.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 15th, 2009, 6:55 pm

I saw Dru last weekend, her belly looks a lot better and she is moving around pretty well!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jackuul » September 16th, 2009, 1:36 am

When is the next test?
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby TinaMartin » September 16th, 2009, 8:51 am

Glad she looks better.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby katiek0417 » September 16th, 2009, 9:19 am

mnp13 wrote:I saw Dru last weekend, her belly looks a lot better and she is moving around pretty well!

She just doesn't look good in pics, right! :wink:

Jackuul wrote:When is the next test?

We won't do any more tests on her. At this point, she's not showing any skin infections (which would be our first sign that she was still having problems). And in order to culture that area, we'd have to make a small incision b/c everything is closed...which we don't want to do b/c if she is still carrying MRSI on her skin, then the incision would get infected.

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Previous