Fugly Horse of the Day attacks pit bulls (again)

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2009, 4:43 pm

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » September 6th, 2009, 10:14 pm

She must have changed what she said because she says they are now wirehaired mixes, not pit bulls.

Here is a comment she made:

However, I will still argue with anybody that Pit Bulls are more animal aggressive than most other breeds and that it would not be a bad thing if people stopped making more of them – same for Cane Corsos and other breeds that are not only aggressive but so big and strong they can take down a horse or a human being. Aggressiveness simply isn’t the same degree of problem in a toy breed. I mean, it can be if you have a baby in the house, but a rank Chihuahua terrorizing livestock can be stopped with one kick.

I can't say I don't agree with her. They are terriers, and I do think terriers as an entire breed group tend to be more independant minded and sometimes tend to be more aggressive than other breeds of dogs. That is the main issue in the debate between Pit Bulls vs. nasty Chihuahuas who are KNOWN to be not nice dogs. A 4lb dog cannot kill a baby, a 60lb dog can. I will also say two Terriers as a whole tend to have strong jaws, my sister's Cairn Terrier is nearly impossible to get something out of her mouth because her jaw is so strong and she only weighs like 15lbs.

I do however disagree with her because I feel if they should stop breeding Pit Bulls they should stop breeding ANY large dog because there are many large dog breeds that can take down livestock. Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Irish Wolfhounds, even Labradors, any dog over 50lbs really could harm livestock. Also the owner of the horses should know better than to house them in barbed wire.

I also feel that because Pit Bulls have been banned in a lot of areas people are moving to larger, more aggressive breeds of dogs which doesn't help the Pit Bull population what so ever because people mistake these nastier breeds as Pit Bulls. I do think people should quit breeding them, or breed less of them but this happens in every dog breed. In the 70's German Shepherds were overly popular and the "bad dogs", the 90's it was Rottweilers, I hope this all passes onto another breed, well I mean, I wouldn't wish BSL on anyone, but it would be nice if Labs started looking bad or something since people try to claim that all Labs are nice and wouldn't hurt anyone haha.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby furever_pit » September 6th, 2009, 10:32 pm

I, personally, would not own a Lab or Golden if someone gave me a million dollars.
I'm a bulldogger through and through.

Plebayo,
What "larger, more aggressive breeds" that people are going to mistake as Pit Bulls are you referring to, specifically??
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » September 6th, 2009, 10:57 pm

plebayo wrote:
I can't say I don't agree with her. They are terriers, and I do think terriers as an entire breed group tend to be more independant minded and sometimes tend to be more aggressive than other breeds of dogs. That is the main issue in the debate between Pit Bulls vs. nasty Chihuahuas who are KNOWN to be not nice dogs. A 4lb dog cannot kill a baby, a 60lb dog can. I will also say two Terriers as a whole tend to have strong jaws, my sister's Cairn Terrier is nearly impossible to get something out of her mouth because her jaw is so strong and she only weighs like 15lbs.

Correction, a 4lb. dog can kill a baby. And has. One of the worst attacks on record is a Pomeranian that killed an infant.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 6th, 2009, 11:11 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:She finally lost me as a reader. :nono:

She lost me as a reader a long time ago. She's too ignorant and closed-minded.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby DemoDick » September 6th, 2009, 11:29 pm

However, I will still argue with anybody that Pit Bulls are more animal aggressive than most other breeds and that it would not be a bad thing if people stopped making more of them – same for Cane Corsos and other breeds that are not only aggressive but so big and strong they can take down a horse or a human being. Aggressiveness simply isn’t the same degree of problem in a toy breed. I mean, it can be if you have a baby in the house, but a rank Chihuahua terrorizing livestock can be stopped with one kick.

She clearly has never met a working JRT.

What a smurfing retard. I hope she gets mauled in the face by a teacup breed and has to wear an Elephant Man head cover for the rest of her life.

People with this level of spinelessness should be taken out of the gene pool.
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Malli » September 7th, 2009, 2:51 am

plebayo wrote:A 4lb dog cannot kill a baby, a 60lb dog can.

actually, just a couple years ago (in WA I believe?) a Papillion(? or other small dog) either severely mauled or killed an infant.

Its really all relative.

If you start to make generalizations about breeds or breed groups this is what gives Pro BSL groups a leg to stand on.

All shapes and sizes of all Breeds of dogs are capable of all sorts.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » September 7th, 2009, 8:13 am

Yeah, uh, I couldn't get through the rampant stupidity in the article and the comments. What a waste of five minutes of my life. :shake:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Pit Bull Talk