The Movie Thread

Grab some popcorn and watch a few flicks!

Postby ArtGypsy » August 15th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Marinepits wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:"where did you get the DOG"?
th:

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me."

I JUST PEED..
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby LMM » August 20th, 2009, 10:09 am

Went to see GI Joe and I enjoyed it. Lots of good action and Marlon provides some comic relief.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » August 30th, 2009, 3:51 pm

Jackuul wrote:I am going to go see District 9. Based on one of my all time favorite short films Alive in Joburg.

DID YOU SEE IT??? :shock: :shock:

OMG I was SO SCARED an hour into it, that I actually had to leave the theater!!

The beginning kept my interest with minimal covering of my eyes, but when they got that guy into the "surgery room"...I couldn't take it anymore.

I should have known it was going to be scary when the previews for the other movies scared the bejebbers out of me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jackuul » September 3rd, 2009, 12:11 am

I have not yet because I have had to move and such. I hope to see it Sunday though.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » September 3rd, 2009, 5:56 am

Jackuul wrote:I have not yet because I have had to move and such. I hope to see it Sunday though.

Well, I hope you are a tough guy. 8) After you see it, pm me what happened after the guy goes into "surgery". Ok? :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby maberi » September 3rd, 2009, 9:32 am

I went to see this the other day. Pretty good movie

The scariest part was actually sitting in a movie theater by myself with some creepy old guy sitting behind me.

iluvk9 wrote:
Jackuul wrote:I am going to go see District 9. Based on one of my all time favorite short films Alive in Joburg.

The beginning kept my interest with minimal covering of my eyes, but when they got that guy into the "surgery room"...I couldn't take it anymore.

I should have known it was going to be scary when the previews for the other movies scared the bejebbers out of me.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Marinepits » September 5th, 2009, 9:58 pm

The Secret Life of Bees

Based on the book of the same name: In this New York Times bestseller, a young girl's search for the truth about her mother leads her to three beekeeping sisters who take her into their mesmerizing world of bees and honey and of a mysterious Black Madonna. A novel about mothers and daughters and the women in our lives who become our true mothers. A story about the divine power of women and the transforming power of love.

What a wonderful movie! Ladies -- see it!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby plebayo » September 5th, 2009, 10:50 pm

The Secret Life of Bees

Based on the book of the same name: In this New York Times bestseller, a young girl's search for the truth about her mother leads her to three beekeeping sisters who take her into their mesmerizing world of bees and honey and of a mysterious Black Madonna. A novel about mothers and daughters and the women in our lives who become our true mothers. A story about the divine power of women and the transforming power of love.

What a wonderful movie! Ladies -- see it!

I second that!

Saw District 9 twice. I have a friend who is from SA and she sounds just like the main character and she's just as hyper! It's funnier the second time around.

The Ugly Truth was really cute. There are some pretty good quotes, it was a little crude/rude but not overly stupid or dirty like some movies tend to get. I love Gerard Butler. I think Law Abiding Citizen is going to be a killer movie when it comes out.

Just rented Duplicity and it was really boring... Julia Roberts wasn't really doing it for me, Clive Owen wasn't too bad though.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas was SO SAD! It was good, but I think the book would be better.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » September 6th, 2009, 8:48 am

plebayo wrote:Saw District 9 twice. I have a friend who is from SA and she sounds just like the main character and she's just as hyper! It's funnier the second time around.

:shock: Are you sure we saw the same movie?!?!?!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » September 6th, 2009, 8:59 am

Has Anyone seen Inglorious Basterds Yet????

Gerry HATES Quentin Tarentino , so I'm not sure she should even attempt going with me...

Let me know if any of you go..........
ArtGypsy

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 6th, 2009, 9:03 am

My dad and step-mom saw Inglorious Bastards and LOVED it. I really wanna see it but have no money after the past 2 weeks. I love Tarentino.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » September 6th, 2009, 9:18 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:My dad and step-mom saw Inglorious Bastards and LOVED it. I really wanna see it but have no money after the past 2 weeks. I love Tarentino.

GOOD..
Kelcie Loves QT, and sent me this text last night, after seeing the late movie..;;;;

Got back from the movie safely! It was godawful boring with an hour and a half's worth of unnecessary dialogue. Haha. I love you!

So..........i guess I'll probably attempt it on my own.... :mrgreen:
ArtGypsy

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2009, 10:01 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:My dad and step-mom saw Inglorious Bastards and LOVED it. I really wanna see it but have no money after the past 2 weeks. I love Tarentino.

yeah, I want to see it too...guess I have to wait for DVD again.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby CinderDee » September 6th, 2009, 5:21 pm

iluvk9 wrote:

I fell asleep. :bs:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby ArtGypsy » September 6th, 2009, 6:16 pm

[quote="[/quote]

I fell asleep. :bs:[/quote]

My Kelcie said it was just 'too sad'............ :cry:
ArtGypsy

Postby plebayo » September 7th, 2009, 6:25 pm

:shock: Are you sure we saw the same movie?!?!?!

hahaha yes! When you see it the second time it allows you to focus more on what everyone is saying rather than what is going to happen next or what might pop out at you. I loved it.

I want to see that Inglorious Bastards but I'll probably wait until it comes on dvd.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby LMM » September 8th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Watched Last House on the Left over the weekend. Ga ross.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby maberi » September 8th, 2009, 3:35 pm

LMM wrote:Watched Last House on the Left over the weekend. Ga ross.

Same here!! I thought it was pretty good (although I could have done without a few things that were horribly dragged out)
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LMM » September 8th, 2009, 4:02 pm

Yea, I know exactly what you are talking about. I can think of two specific scenes they could have cut way short :neutral:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby CinderDee » September 10th, 2009, 4:52 am

I really liked Inglorious Bastards. :thumbsup:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Madness