Allergies or Eczema?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Malli » September 3rd, 2009, 2:49 am

yay Faust :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby kera09 » September 17th, 2009, 11:50 pm

how is faust doing? we have been battling allergies with duge for almost 3 yrs now. my poor boy! keeping pred and benedryl and an antibiotic on hand HELPS alot!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » September 18th, 2009, 6:29 am

kera09 wrote:how is faust doing? we have been battling allergies with duge for almost 3 yrs now. my poor boy! keeping pred and benedryl and an antibiotic on hand HELPS alot!!

As soon as he was done w/the pred and the antibiotics some of the sores came back... he's back on the antibiotic, but I'm trying something different (holistic) instead of putting him back on prednisone. I also switched him to a low-allergen kibble, and we'll see if will might make a difference eventually.

Thanks for asking about him. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » September 18th, 2009, 8:15 am

How long was he on the antibiotics? For very stubborn staph infections, he may have to take a month or two worth's of antibiotics.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » September 18th, 2009, 12:56 pm

yeah, that is a good question, how long were the initial AB's for ?

We(Oscar and I) feel your frustration Christine :) At least Faust is in good hands!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby kera09 » September 18th, 2009, 9:55 pm

yes duge gets staph infections and the antibiotics only work if hes on them for @ least 4 weeks. :( We are feeding raw now tho so hopefully it will get better!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health