fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » August 29th, 2009, 5:08 am

standing ovation in a half-empty stadium
Love it :dance:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby fenella » August 29th, 2009, 11:20 am

It was a pre-season game. I have a friend who was there (for work). She said that the game was sold out. I don't know if that means that people bought tickets ahead of time and decided not to show.
There were many protesters there. She also said that there were many groups there in support of Vick.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 29th, 2009, 11:28 am

I understand that there are folks who support him. They are of the opinion he served his time he deserves a second chance.

I, on the other hand, am of the opinion some types of crimes cannot be rehabilitated. I think cruelty is one of them. If they can be cruel to an animal, they can be equally cruel to humans. That is not something you can counsel out of someone.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby demolitionic » August 31st, 2009, 1:15 pm

To those of the "he served his time" mindset, I say - Uh, no. He didn't. He served time for his OTHER felonious illegal activities, that were ALSO prohibited not only by law, but by his employer - the NFL.

The time he served was for his felonious participation in an illegal gambling organization - he WAS. NOT. PUNISHED. for his participation in felony dogfighting. He WAS. NOT. PUNISHED. for his admitted grisly torture and execution of animals.

Have you ever been around when your dog hurt itself? Someone stepped on his or her tail, it got too excited chasing a ball and wrenched its ankle, any little accident that can happen at any time? Ever heard that heart-wrenching wail or shriek your dog makes, and felt your heart sink into the pit of your belly and for just a minute - felt agony yourself, or absolute mortal terror at the thought of something being truly wrong? Realize that MIchael Vick voluntarily subjected himself to that. He MADE THAT HAPPEN - and continued to do it. This is a "man" who helped slam dogs to the ground repeatedly until their skulls were nothing more than shattered bone smashed into leaking gray matter. A "human" who wet a female dog down, and then put an electrical cord in her anus, to electrocute her to death; because she wasn't good enough at killing herself and other dogs slowly, fight by fight, for his amusement. Any "person" (to use the most loose interpretation of the word possible) capable of listening to the agonized SCREAMS of animals being tortured in the most inhumane and cruelly torturous methods one could devise, and CHOOSE to do it, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, for the sole purpose of ONE'S ENJOYMENT - and make no mistake, he did enjoy it - is not a person, at all.

So smurf you very much, Mr. "He Served His Time". "Serving his time" implies that he has paid moral restitution for a mistake committed and has evolved to a better way of living. But to serve moral restitution also implies that one has morals, or a soul from which they stem. There can be no description for his crimes other than soulless, and honestly - I believe there are some people that are beyond saving, beyond redemption, and beyond rehabilitation.

He is nothing more than a walking, talking, athletically fortunate husk of a human being. He is an empty shell devoid of morals, of conscience, of all but the most primitive emotions. He finds things pleasurable or unpleasant to himself, and that is the extent of it. He is not capable of empathy or any other human emotion. Hell, animals feel more deeply than this "man". So no - he has not served his time or learned his lesson. He never will either, because he is incapable.

My only hope is that the universe will see fit to void itself of his existence before something else is forced to suffer unspeakable horrors for the sake of his pleasure. Because do not forget - that's what this whole thing has been about. What makes Michael Vick happy, and to hell with everything and everyone else.

So, no - to hell with "time served", and to hell with him.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » August 31st, 2009, 1:26 pm

Amen >(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 31st, 2009, 4:54 pm

I :heartbeat: Amanda.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 31st, 2009, 8:37 pm

Me too.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Michael Vick