peeing in bed

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby kera09 » August 25th, 2009, 10:49 am

So eric is out of town for work this week. Ava snuggled up very close to me last night, she then moved over to the other side, i thought she just wanted to move until i moved my leg into a big wet spot!!! this was @4 am i was to tired so grabbed a towel, i know how gross! We fell back asleep and then she did it again :confused: i wanted to kill her! i put her outside where she peed again and changed the sheets and waterproof mattress cover!! she has never done this before, im thinking it could be a urinary tract infection im going to watch her. anybody have any ideas?
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby katiek0417 » August 25th, 2009, 10:59 am

I'm thinking UTI...I would have her checked....is she drinking more than normal?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » August 25th, 2009, 12:58 pm

or maybe spay incontinence. Either way worth taking in a fresh(as fresh as possible) sample of urine to the vet...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby kera09 » August 25th, 2009, 6:41 pm

shes not drinking any more then normal, im gona keep an eye on her the next 2 days and if shes still doing it i will take her to the vet on friday!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 26th, 2009, 2:59 am

increased thirst in combination with incontinence could mean there is involvement with the kidneys.

If she has a UTI there may be no other signs besides incontinence, straining to urinate (she thinks she has to go but doesn't-wich can also be hard to see with girls), and foul smelling urine.

If it were my dog, I would take her in. Any time a well house trained and reliable dog has an accident (particularly one that she wasn't intially aware of - like if she had intentionally squatted), IMO it is cause for concern, either to remedy the discomfort (this is a mild word) of a UTI or catch something else early...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby kera09 » August 27th, 2009, 10:19 pm

she hasnt had any other accidents....and is pottying fine outside (im going out with her to watch her) Now last nite lulu peed in bed...ahhhh usually she sneaks in the hallway and doesnt even bother to wake me.....im thinking this may be because eric is gone! i have no idea. im gona give the vet a call in the am.
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Nutrition & Health