Challenge the Eagles to put their money where their mouth is

Postby LMM » August 19th, 2009, 11:06 am

I received this in email and I thought it was a really great idea. I know ideally we'd like Vick to get shyt-canned but from the responses we've seen so far, it doesn't seem as if anyone involved gives a shyt but US. If anyone would like this forwarded so you can click the links, please shoot me your email!

Dear Jennifer,

Are you as outraged as I am that the Philadelphia Eagles have signed Michael Vick? I'm sure that you are, and you have every right to be. Vick has admitted doing barbaric things to dogs, and the Eagles have shown horrible judgment by making him a member of their team.

The Eagles say that Vick will use his position to help save dogs and show kids that animal abuse is wrong. That simply is not good enough.

However, I believe that by working together we can make the Eagles put their money where their mouth is and do something very positive for dogs in Philadelphia.

That's why I've sent a letter to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie urging him to prove his team's commitment to stopping dog abuse by donating AT LEAST the equivalent of Michael Vick's salary to dog shelters and rescues every year that Vick is an Eagle. That would mean donations of $1.6 million this year and $5 million next year, if Vick is still on the team.

Now I need your help to put public pressure on the Eagles organization to make this happen. Please join me by sending an email to Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurie telling him to prove his commitment to protecting dogs by agreeing to make these donations.

Click here to send an email to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie telling him to put his money where his mouth is to protect dogs.

The Eagles have said that they are giving Michael Vick a "second chance" by putting him on the team. By making these substantial donations to rescues and shelters the Eagles could give a second chance to thousands of dogs that have been abused, maimed and tortured by dog fighting rings just like the one that Michael Vick ran.

If they believe that Vick's second chance is worth $1.6 million this year, then we believe it's worth at least that much to give second chances to thousands of innocent dogs who otherwise would be destroyed.

Please help me convince the Eagles and Jeffrey Lurie that this is the right thing to do by sending him an email right now.

Please forward this email to your friends, relatives and neighbors who love dogs and ask them to join you by emailing Jeffrey Lurie too.

Thank you for your continuing support and for everything you do to help protect dogs in Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Tom Hickey, Sr.
DogPAC Chairman
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » August 19th, 2009, 11:15 am

What's the email address that you get when you click the link?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » August 19th, 2009, 11:34 am

I don't it's one of those pages where you fill in your information. I'm quite sure we can find Lurie's actual email address :|
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » August 19th, 2009, 11:44 am

ok... what's the address of the page? :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » August 19th, 2009, 12:42 pm

LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Michael Vick