The BBB...Big Bald Bulldog

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2009, 2:18 pm

One of my boarding/pet-sitting clients...Samson...he's such a sweetie, but just a big walking vet bill.

and no, I don't know the reason he's bald...but it's creeping up his back now. :sad2:

The big goof... :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » August 15th, 2009, 2:39 pm

the baldness could be a hereditary thing like with people :|

What gets me is his weight :(

but he is awfully cute!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » August 15th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Awww what a big smooshy face
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 15th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Holy crap. :shock: He is still cute though.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » August 15th, 2009, 3:19 pm

He has a big head! 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Patch O' Pits » August 16th, 2009, 9:03 am

AWe he is so adorable! I could just hug him! :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ArtGypsy » August 16th, 2009, 9:39 am

I just wanna stroke his snoozle....................

********************Jody, who has a 'REAL THING" about doggie Snoozles!!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » August 16th, 2009, 10:34 am

He's very cute and snuggly UNTIL he starts to snore. :shock: Though it is kinda cute when his tongue hangs out and vibrates to his snoring.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » August 16th, 2009, 11:01 am

He's cute, but has the most horrifying / funny / sad teeth and bite I've every seen. His teeth look just like Predator's. He's really sweet, but is the definition of "prisoner in his own body"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » August 16th, 2009, 1:05 pm

um, pretty much all British Bulldog teeth look like that... I would not consider it unusual.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » August 16th, 2009, 6:49 pm

He is CUTE
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BullyLady » August 16th, 2009, 7:18 pm

So, not to be too inflammatory, but aren't you worried that whatever unknown disease is causing his hair loss might be contagious? Is he having contact with your personal dogs?
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby plebayo » August 16th, 2009, 8:34 pm

That screams hypothyroid.

He's way cute tho!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby BigDogBuford » August 16th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Looks like 'winter coat' to me. Sometimes vitamin D can help with it. I see a lot of Boxers, bulldogs and such with hair loss like that. It tends to come and go with the seasons.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

BullyLady wrote:So, not to be too inflammatory, but aren't you worried that whatever unknown disease is causing his hair loss might be contagious? Is he having contact with your personal dogs?

The vet says that it's caused by a lack of testosterone from when he got neutered...vet tech friends and I think it's thyroid. He's had contact with my dogs for about 2 years now...and none of mine are bald. ;)

It's been getting worse since I've known him...of course I still haven't convinced them to take him off his current food. His parents are giving him an expensive supplement now...to heap on top of his Beneful. :rolleyes2:

TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » August 16th, 2009, 9:34 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:)
It's been getting worse since I've known him...of course I still haven't convinced them to take him off his current food. His parents are giving him an expensive supplement now...to heap on top of his Beneful. :rolleyes2:

It never ceases to amaze me. We have clients that will spend $45 a night to board their dogs with us and then bring along Pedigree to feed them. :doh: I just don't get it.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 16th, 2009, 9:55 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:)

It never ceases to amaze me. We have clients that will spend $45 a night to board their dogs with us and then bring along Pedigree to feed them. :doh: I just don't get it.

Purina is doing well at marketing :bs: ...the past month, almost every dog that stayed here with me for boarding had a bag of Beneful. :rolleyes2: Except for the few that came with Kibbles n' Bits.

TheRedQueen

Postby kera09 » August 17th, 2009, 1:33 pm

whoa he is a BIG boy!!!! those poor dogs to have to eat that crap :puke:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jackuul » September 8th, 2009, 1:08 am

Before my Spot died he got to have Taste of the Wild, and each time I bought it I rotated the flavor for him - even though he would be happy with Old Roy or some other crap food, he got the deluxe - and his bottom teeth looked funky (hence the Dick Cheney smile with his one snaggle tooth) similar to how this bulldog's teeth do.
Jackuul
Just Whelped

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members