Boycott of Eagles Sponsors

Postby fenella » August 14th, 2009, 2:44 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:Maybe she's the one that called me from the J & J company, very perturbed and scolding in her tone; upset that I had posted a boycott of their products without doing 'my homework' first.....

She doesn't work for J&J. Nor would she be answering customer service phone lines. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how you made that leap...
I was actually saying that I know that she feels terrible that they signed Vick and I know that she is having a tough time with this now. Would you quit your job if your company (at least an affiliate of one of the companies) sponsored the Eagles? . That is, would you quit your job, if say, you worked for one of the trucking companies that distributed J&J products? (That's not what she does, but it is sort of an equivalent to the company relationship...not working directly for a sponsor, but one of their affiliates). I'm sure some of you would. I fully support everyone's right to boycott. I may be doing some letter-writing myself. I was just saying that it is a tough spot to be in right now. That's all.
Last edited by fenella on August 14th, 2009, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 14th, 2009, 2:48 pm

fenella wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:Maybe she's the one that called me from the J & J company, very perturbed and scolding in her tone; upset that I had posted a boycott of their products without doing 'my homework' first.....

She doesn't work for J&J. Nor would she be answering customer service phone lines. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how you made that leap...

I don't think Jody meant anything seriously bad by what she said, Fenella. Sounded to me like she just kinda tossed that out there. :)

Let's all try to keep this thread on the topic of companies and addresses needing to hear our voices!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » August 14th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Pepsi Co owns the following brands:

www.Pepsi.com
www.FritoLay.com
www.QuakerOats.com
www.Tropicana.com
www.Gatorade.com
www.IZZE.com
www.Sobebev.com

PepsiCo, Inc.
700 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577
(914) 253-2000
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby fenella » August 14th, 2009, 3:17 pm

I found this online...
http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petition.html

Not the most well-written letter, but I thought I'd put it out there. It is an online petition that appears to have been started before he went to jail.

To: NFL and their sponsors

Do you know how to electrocute a dog? We don�t. Have you recently purchased a piece of property exclusively for your dog hobby? Most of us have not. After initially lying to Authorities, Michael Vick and his high paid lawyers are now asking for forgiveness of his �mistakes�. These are �mistakes� that have left a trail of evidence dating back to 2001, right after he signed a $150,000,000 contract with the Falcons.

If you feel forgiving, you haven�t read the federal indictment which was about to become even worse when he accepted the plea deal. Mr. Vick would rather have his image appear as though he made a few �mistakes�, than what would have come out while testifying about the brutal execution and torture of the dogs that had the unfortunate fate of belonging to Vick and his friends. Isn�t this like saying that pro-wrestler Chris Benoit was a good man until he made a couple mistakes?

The single most difficult event of my life was lying on the floor holding my best friend�s head as the veterinarian euthanized her humanely when cancer brought her too much pain. Mr. Vick�s �mistakes� include hanging, drowning, shooting and slamming his dog�s bodies to the ground if they didn�t rip and tear their opponents apart over at least a six year period of time.

Thank you, Air Tran for taking decisive action when the word came out about what kind of person he is. The same goes for Reebok, Rawlings, and ultimately Nike.

Why is the NFL acting slower than the federal government in deciding how to deal with Mr. Vick? It�s all about the money.

We are not a member of PETA or the HSUS. The NFL will paint these groups as extreme. I contribute generously to our local shelter. We have bought many products that support the NFL up until now. But we plan to send a message to the NFL to take decisive action, in the only way that seems to matter to them.

Do you remember those Superbowl commercials with the cute Dalmatian puppies, the beautiful horses playing football? And there is always the Clydesdales. Anheuser Busch paid millions of dollars to the NFL to bring these commercials to animal lovers like us.

Other significant sponsors of the NFL include:

Coors
Miller Distributing
Subway Restaurants
Quiznos
Pepsi
Coke
Doritos
Sierra Mist
Go-daddy.com

There are many others.

My Peyton Manning drinking cup went into the trash after he said �I wish him the best� during last night�s preseason game, when asked about the Vick situation. That was it. We are done watching the NFL and more importantly supporting the NFL through these sponsors until they throw Vick to the curb.

We don�t wish Michael Vick the best. We wish the 60 or so victims of Bad Newz Kennels that are distributed across the state in local shelters the best. Unfortunately their future is not good. At least they won�t be electrocuted, shot, hanged, drowned or slammed to the ground until they die painfully. Their heads and bodies will be stroked by the thankless shelter workers that have become attached to these poor dogs. These dogs are sitting at the shelter waiting on Michael Vick to take a plea deal, then they will be put to sleep humanely � at least Mr. Vick and his friends won�t be the last human they see or touch.

You can help tell these sponsors to tell the NFL to take action immediately and stop condoning the thug image of Michael Vick, through a temporary boycott of the NFL�s sponsor�s products. Maybe then they will stop hiding and looking for a politically correct position. Enough is enough.

Help spread the word.

An anonymous dog lover.

Sincerely,
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 14th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Dear Pepsi,

On August 13, The Philadelphia Eagles signed Micheal Vick to their football team. As a dog lover and Pit Bull owner, I will not continue to purchase any of your products or the products of the Pepsico brands while you continue to sponsor the team.

I will also encourage my friends and family to boycott your products. In addition, I own the discussion forum PitBullTalk.com and will be encouraging my 1,971 members to stop buying all Pepsico products as well.

Sincerely,

Michelle
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » August 14th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Well I guess I'll have to start mixing my rum with Cokes instead of Pepsi now
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Pit♥bull » August 14th, 2009, 3:24 pm

maberi wrote:Well I guess I'll have to start mixing my rum with Cokes instead of Pepsi now
Rum and Pepsi..... :puke:
LMAO
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » August 14th, 2009, 4:07 pm

A canned response from Pepsi :rolleyes2:

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting Pepsi-Cola Company. We certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

As you may know, Pepsi does not have a relationship with Michael Vick. In fact, we have never worked with this individual. However, we do agree with the NFL that Michael Vick’s illegal activities, for which he was convicted in 2007, were cruel and degrading.

The NFL has said that Mr. Vick has been reinstated to the league on a conditional basis and will be considered for full reinstatement in October based on the progress he makes in his transition plan. As sponsors of the NFL, we have the utmost confidence that the senior leadership at the NFL will continue to appropriately address this issue.

Once again, many thanks for contacting us and please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate individuals within the Company.

Dennis Dowd
Consumer Relations Representative

012093004A
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby HappyChick » August 14th, 2009, 4:52 pm

LMM wrote:A canned response from Pepsi :rolleyes2:

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting Pepsi-Cola Company. We certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

As you may know, Pepsi does not have a relationship with Michael Vick. In fact, we have never worked with this individual. However, we do agree with the NFL that Michael Vick’s illegal activities, for which he was convicted in 2007, were cruel and degrading.

The NFL has said that Mr. Vick has been reinstated to the league on a conditional basis and will be considered for full reinstatement in October based on the progress he makes in his transition plan. As sponsors of the NFL, we have the utmost confidence that the senior leadership at the NFL will continue to appropriately address this issue.

Once again, many thanks for contacting us and please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate individuals within the Company.

Dennis Dowd
Consumer Relations Representative

012093004A

I got the same message. :cheeky3:
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 15th, 2009, 9:24 am

My email to Verizon:

Good morning. I am currently an Alltel customer but I do realize that I'm in the process of being switched over to Verizon. I was not going to have a problem with this until I found out that Verizon is a sponsor of the Philadelphia Eagles, who just signed Michael Vick.
As a "pit bull" owner, I refuse to support any company who supports Michael Vick or a team he is on. As of January 3, 2010, I am eligible to find a new cell phone provider. If, at that time, Verizon is still a sponsor of the Eagles, I can assure you I will go elsewhere. This disappoints me as I have been a loyal, happy Alltel customer for quite some time now and believe that Verizon would be a very satisfactory change.
I urge you to reconsider supporting a team who is standing behind a convicted dog killer. Thank you for your time, and I sincerely hope I can continue working with you as of January.

I'm going to write to Sprint and let them know that they are not in the running as my provider if they don't withdraw their sponsorship. :dance:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 15th, 2009, 9:29 am

To Sprint:

Good morning. I am currently an Alltel/Verizon customer, but as of January 3, 2010 I em eligible to find a new cell phone provider. I was looking forward to considering Sprint until I found out that Sprint is a sponsor of the Philadelphia Eagles, who just signed Michael Vick.

As a "pit bull" owner, I refuse to give my money/business to any company that supports Vick or a team he plays on. I urge you to reconsider your sponsorship of the Eagles. I can't imagine Sprint wants to be associated with a person of such low moral caliber as Michael Vick.

In January, if I find out that Sprint has withdrawn their sponsorship of the Eagles, I sincerely look forward to speaking with your reps and finding out if Sprint can be the best cell phone provider for me.

Thank you for your time.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby Pit♥bull » August 15th, 2009, 9:31 am

Looks like Verizon is getting lots of email....
Thank You for contacting Verizon Wireless!! We welcome the opportunity to assist you.
We are experiencing extremely high email volumes. We are making every effort to respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.

I'm also waiting on a return tele call.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 15th, 2009, 1:29 pm

Sprint's response to me:

Dear Elizabeth _______,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you with your
inquiry regarding the sponsorship for “Philadelphia Eagles”.

It is our policy at Sprint to make sponsorship decisions based on the
demographics of the audience and not on the nature of the associated
event or media broadcast, provided it does not promote racist, sexist or
other offensive views. Our goal is to reach our current and prospective
customers through this venue; our sponsorship is not an endorsement for
or against any particular cause, candidate or political viewpoint.

While we understand your disappointment in the sponsorship, we would
like to suggest you contact the team directly to express your concerns.
Your feedback is important and we appreciate you taking the time to
contact us.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
Vivian K

pitbullmamaliz

Postby HappyChick » August 15th, 2009, 2:19 pm

Miller Brewing apparently think this is slick:

Thank you for contacting MillerCoors.

Customer commentary is extremely important to us. Please note that we do not sponsor individual teams or athletes. Like any company that purchases commercial advertisements, we sponsor only events that they perform in. All editorial decisions are the sole responsibility of the program. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate personnel and we will continue to monitor future content. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

MillerCoors Consumer Affairs Department

I'd love to figure out a good reply...
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Got the same response from Sprint... :rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » August 15th, 2009, 3:53 pm

Verizon response:

Dear Robert [removed],

My name is Tan, we value your business, and I understand your concern regarding our sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles.

We would hate to lose your business. We appreciate your comments and will share them with those who make these type of decisions. Please keep in mind the service agreement does not end on each line until 02/10/2011. Ending service now will result in an early termination fee of $145 per line. This amount is reduced by $5 with each full month of completed service until a $60 minimum is reached. We remain regretful for any disappointment experienced and would like the opportunity to continue as your wireless provided.
We appreciate you taking the time to contact Verizon Wireless. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204 for assistance.
Sincerely,
Tan
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby fenella » August 15th, 2009, 4:17 pm

My letter to Verizon:

To Whom It May Concern:
I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless Customer for years now, and have always been happy with my service. However, I am currently shopping for another wireless carrier due to your sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles. I am very disappointed with their acquisition of Michael Vick and do not wish to have my dollars funneled into the Eagles organization through your sponsorship. As an animal lover and teacher, I am most concerned with his influence on young people as a role model. A quick view of the messages posted by teens on some of his fan sites reveals messages such as, "They are just dogs...you show 'em Vick" show that despite his supposed change of heart, the damage to his young fans is already done. I have many friends on the Verizon network, and will be encouraging them to switch as well. It is my hope that you will withdraw your sponsorship so that I may continue to be a Verizon Wireless customer. Thank you.
Sincerely,

***BTW, this may be off-topic, but does anyone have a wireless carrier that they are really happy with? I may need to find another one...
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby fenella » August 15th, 2009, 5:42 pm

I got a reply:

Good evening Ms. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is XXXXX, and I am happy to assist you regarding our sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles.

I can understand your concern regarding our sponsorship of the Philadelphia Eagles after signing Michael Vick.

We appreciate your comments and will share them with our Leadership Team who make these types of decisions. Verizon Wireless takes all feedback offered by our customers seriously.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to continue as your wireless service provider. Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.
Sincerely,

Verizon Wireless

Internet Response Team Coordinator
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Dear Verizon,

I have been a loyal customer for over 6 years. I have also brought my family on to your service.

On August 13, Michael Vick was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles. While I know that Verizon is not responsible for the Eagles roster, Verizon is one of the team's major sponsors and therefore the Eagles represent Verizon.

As a Pit Bull owner and dog lover, I am unwilling to continue to give money to a company that supports a team that hires an individual like Michael Vick. In addition, I own the discussion forum PitBullTalk.com and will be encouraging my 1,971 members to also change their cell phone providers.

I hope that you will reconsider your company's support of the Eagles, or that you will communicate to the Eagles that their decision was not in the best interest of their program overall.

Sincerely,

Michelle
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Well, that was quick :rolleyes2:
Good evening Ms. xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. We appreciate your comments and will share them with those who make these types of decisions.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Rosland
Customer Service Coordinator

Here, let me translate:

Hi,

We don't give a crap.

Love,

Us.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Michael Vick