Do you really think it will help?

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2009, 8:49 am

This is the response that one of my friends (not a pit bull person either! yea!) got when she called/wrote to Verizon...

I rec'd a phone call from Verizon within 4 hours. They said they are compiling emails and comments to give to their legal team. They are considering dropping the Eagles!
Pepsi emailed me and said that they don't support individuals but DO support the NFL. They wanted to remind me that Vick is under probation until October. (so?)

So obviously, it's got these companies thinking hard...no matter what they choose, they are having to face the issue.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » August 15th, 2009, 9:29 am

madremissy wrote:
There's nothing wrong with worrying about the 'little people', Missy.....collateral damage, so to speak.
((((((((((((sigh))))))))))))

No one likes that.....

Jody I am just hoping that the sponsors come to their senses before my friends and family become the "collateral damage"

I agree, Missy. Whole Heartedly--------that's why all the writing, calling to protest, picketing, blogging, etc, is so important as well.
We may not even make a DENT in the boycott of these products. If someone were to look at the economics/numbers of products sold, and the fluctuation of every month or so, would thousands of people who 'say' they'll stop using a product REALLY stop?
When I think about Budweiser, Verizon, Pepsi, etc....I wonder if we have that kind of clout/numbers to actually affect much.

If I"m being naive, ---------well, maybe I am...haha...
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2009, 10:38 am

NO!

Look at what Erin posted!

Verizon called someone back. They called them.

People are getting form mail back from Pepsi, but I haven't yet. Personally, I think it might be because I put a number on my email - almost 2,000 forum members. Maybe they will actually think about the noise that 2,000 people can make if they each get 10 people to stop buying Pepsi products. What if they each get ten families to stop buying Pepsi products? That's millions of dollars in sales - just from our forum. Maybe my email slipped through the cracks, who knows? But I'd like to think that someone Pepsi cares.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby madremissy » August 15th, 2009, 11:22 am

I would like to clarify:

It is not that I don't agree with what ya'll are talking about. I support anyone's decision in what they decide to do. More power to you. I was just bringing up my concerns of what COULD possibly happen.
I realize that it will take a lot to trickle down to us "little people" but the more I hear and the more I see there are some very deteremined people all over this world. Like Michelle said if one person just tells 10 then each of those tell 10. I am sure everyone here can do the numbers.

I am not trying to discredit anything anyone is doing. :groupHug:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby fenella » August 15th, 2009, 4:04 pm

I understand the worries...but I don't think it will come to that.
These companies support the Eagles for the advertising and to have their name linked with something people already have a positive affiliation with (like hometown teams).
IF the boycotts were successful enough for the companies to lose money, they would drop their sponsorship. Being that these companies are in it to make money, I doubt any of them would let it get that far. That is to say, before they got to the point of having to lay off Joe Product Stocker, they would have already dropped the sponsorship.
Just my thought process.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » August 15th, 2009, 6:49 pm

fenella wrote:before they got to the point of having to lay off Joe Product Stocker, they would have already dropped the sponsorship.
I agree 100%..... It just makes them look twice.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Michael Vick