New member, here to talk about boycotting Vick

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby dsg29 » August 14th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Hi all-
First things first. I'm not a pit bull owner. I've known lots of wonderful pit bulls, but I own two longhaired dachshunds. However, I'm a dog lover, and I'm every bit as incensed about the Michael Vick deal as all of you. To that end, I've written a post in my own blog about it. To the degree that it helps, I'd be happy to assist.
http://blahblahginger.blogspot.com/2009/08/time-to-take-stand.html

To me, a dog is a dog is a dog, and no dog, no matter what the circumstances, deserves what happened to the dogs in Bad Newz Kennels.

Thanks!
David
(please don't hold the dachshund thing against me....)
dsg29
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » August 14th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Hello and Welcome!! :wave2: :wave2:

Off to read your blog!!
Thanks for the support!!!

((Jody, smugly going off to read this blog, as THIS is an example of what I wrote about in the "will this work" thread)) :dance: :dance: :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby BigDogBuford » August 14th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Hello and welcome!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby dsg29 » August 14th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Hi-
I just scanned the "will this work" topic in the Vick sub-forum. Look, you should know there are a LOT of people like me out there. I have no great feeling about Pit Bulls one way or another. The ones I've known are sweet dogs. It's not my favorite breed but I don't dislike them, either. I feel terribly about the bad reputation they've gotten over the years, and I know that that's all it is: a reputation. Pit Bulls are no more inherently a "bad dog" than any other breed.

What Vick did is unspeakable cruelty, and I'd feel the same regardless of the breed he did it to. I hate little frou frou dogs (Maltese, chihuahua's, etc0, but I'd be just as incensed if they had been the victims. Pit Bull owners have more than enough to deal with from the general populace without this piece of filth contaminating the discussion.

I'm a huge sports fan, but I'm perfectly happy to take this stand on behalf of pit bulls and every other dog that is mistreated. If it had been my dogs, I'd be in jail for burning down the man's house. So I stand here with all of you. You love your dogs and I love mine, and if my dogs were in trouble, as fellow dog owners, I'd expect you to defend them, too. It's that simple. Everything else is just crap.
dsg29
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » August 15th, 2009, 12:06 am

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » August 15th, 2009, 1:26 am

Hello and welcome to PBT. :wave2:
Thanks for the support.
I hope you stick around and join in on the fun. We have several members that are non pit bull owners.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » August 15th, 2009, 7:58 am

Welcome and enjoy the forum!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2009, 8:24 am

:wave2: Hello and welcome to PBT! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 15th, 2009, 8:44 am

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » August 15th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Welcome :wave2:

You write very well. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2009, 4:43 pm

Hi David!

How did you find us?

I won't hold your dogs against you! I'm currently taking a class from a woman who has dachshunds, they are really cool little dogs. Most of the ones that I've met are the "big dogs in small body" types. It's the ones with "little dog syndrome" that drive me nuts! lol

I hope you stay around for more than the Vick stuff, we have a lot of other stuff here besides that, and a number of members who don't have Pit Bulls!

Welcome!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dsg29 » August 15th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome, all!
iluvk9: thanks so much for the kind compliment! I do love to write.
mnp13: Yep, you've summed up dachshunds quite well. Neither Cami nor Harry understand how small they actually are (19 and 21 pounds). Cami is a true alpha, and has been known to beat up german shepherds and make them cower, which can be terribly embarrassing. I have yet to see a larger dog that has successfully dominated her. At the same time, when she gets frightened by something (thunder or small children) she is a true "poor thing", and needs to be held and comforted. They are both wonderful, and our pride and joy.

I do plan to stick around and check out the landscape. This seems to be a nice place you've got here, with some terrific people.

I appreciate the warm greetings.
dsg29
Just Whelped

Return to Introductions