hi!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Gooddog » August 13th, 2009, 6:45 am

These intro posts really are annoying... Ok, I'm 20, live in the rural midwest. I've heard lots of stories about pit bulls from my parents as I grew up and while my parents aren't the most responsible dog owners by today's standards(they have no clue what health testing is or why anyone would need it, still think AKC papers= quality, and think ads in the paper are the best way to find loving homes for puppies) they aren't bad people and do love their dogs. They don't have pit bulls anymore, which apparently had something to do with the birth of me(their daughter).

I have one non-pitbull mixed breed dog. I'm interested in pit bulls because I'm seriously considering a career as a dog trainer/behaviorist and they fasinate me, the amazing varitey of emotions and opinions surrounding pit bulls fasinates me, and most of all the dogs themselves fascinate me. I've met a few, a few years back one of my mom's co-workers had an oops litter with her beautiful red female and the neighbors lab and I got to go over and meet the dog. Her pups were only 5 days old but she was nothing less than accepting and loving towards me and allowed me to examine each pup and love on her even though I was a total stranger, which is MUCH different that my expierences with various other breeds of females with litters that I've fostered or helped to care for at the local shelter. The best ever 'momma' dog I've met was a pit bull, so I guess that's one thing that really draws me to the breed.

I've met some pit bulls who were not so nice, but even those weren't as out of control as say... a jack russel terrier on a warpath. I think the thing I like about the breed most is the sight of one doing obediance work, which I've seen on video and in person. The huge headed burly dog calmly but dilligently responding to it's masters commands, a very different picture from say a malinois who seem 'sharper' somehow.

I look forward to learning a lot on the forum!
Gooddog
Just Whelped

Postby Pit♥bull » August 13th, 2009, 8:38 am

Gooddog wrote:These intro posts really are annoying...
Annoying but better than the SPAM which it prevents. :)

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 13th, 2009, 9:11 am

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » August 13th, 2009, 9:30 am

Welcome :wave2:
So, what type of non-pit bull mix DO you have? :) Say LABRADOR and we can be best friends. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 13th, 2009, 10:07 am

Hi and welcome! :wave2: Do you have pics of your mystery mutt? :D There are many non-pits on the board too!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » August 13th, 2009, 10:43 am

:wave2: Hello and Welcome to PBT.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » August 13th, 2009, 11:16 am

:wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Introductions